Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jun 30, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #3,106 of 10,015
I think like most of the Kennerton Headphones, between 75 and 100 hours, for my Magni after about 80 hours the sound was another world.

Ok, I just got them today and have about 2 hours on them. I was really surprised at the quality, pictures don't do them justice at all. These headphones are top quality. The sound is another matter. I'm always nervous with break in. Like did i make a mistake, will these ever sound better ect. The sound is balanced but Im assuming the drivers are still pretty stiff.

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #3,107 of 10,015
I would think 75-100 hours As well -like the other headphones
I would definitely recommend making sure they fit for best sound
The kennerton band isn’t really all that sealing for the average person
Try bending them in as instructed above
Hope this helps
It did for me - I wasn’t happy until I made that custom change
So far the fit is pretty good. I going to fiddle with the headband a bit later. Ive bought plenty of audio equipment over the years and I always go through the bad nerve faze when they're breaking in. The doubts the listening to them while theyre breaking in every 5 minutes to see if the sound has improved. Lol

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #3,108 of 10,015
So far the fit is pretty good. I going to fiddle with the headband a bit later. Ive bought plenty of audio equipment over the years and I always go through the bad nerve faze when they're breaking in. The doubts the listening to them while theyre breaking in every 5 minutes to see if the sound has improved. Lol
It’s normal to question ur purchase always
Best part about Kerrington is the try out period - that’s a huge selling point and clearly says they are confident in the way they are engineered to offer such a deal-
With me it wasn’t love at first listen not at all- you can read in this thread how I had huge doubts and buyers remorse - but doing what I did to customize them the way I like - the sound did get much better with band Adjustment for me And break in- so much so my jaw dropped and I kept saying I can’t believe difference

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #3,109 of 10,015
It’s normal to question ur purchase always
Best part about Kerrington is the try out period - that’s a huge selling point and clearly says they are confident in the way they are engineered to offer such a deal-
With me it wasn’t love at first listen not at all- you can read in this thread how I had huge doubts and buyers remorse - but doing what I did to customize them the way I like - the sound did get much better with band Adjustment for me And break in- so much so my jaw dropped and I kept saying I can’t believe difference
This does make me feel better. Im using ibasso dx220 and it does get warm after a few hours. I think I'm going to buy a small fan to cool it while it plays over night.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #3,111 of 10,015
oh Russian women are so beautiful, their Vodka so tasty... BUT these headphones are what Russia will be known for from here on out....
c7fa8e9b85a27d771bb755977ee7c30b.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #3,115 of 10,015
my review is nearly done... will post
kennerton-magni-fa.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #3,117 of 10,015
size, texture, and color
Thinking I might be selling my Abyss 1266 TC. The GH 50 is so good for my type of music that my 1266 is boring.
and to think they havent even fully broken in yet... latter if you feel the need for even more bass... lol... there is that little secret called "sound carpet" protecting the holes... I'll tell you they could have more bass if you want to play and void the warranty.... Kennerton will not endorse this I am sure- thats all im going to say - PM me if you want more details...

11263539.png

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #3,118 of 10,015
Someone says in another forum regarding the Ghorn :

What I read about the Kennerton: much more bass, yes, but less resolution overall. More of a high level fun headphone. Which is fine. You just need to know what you lose when the bass is cranked up.

Is it true ?

Jul 2, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #3,119 of 10,015
In my opinion, these questions have been answered about 10 times here.

Jul 2, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #3,120 of 10,015
Someone says in another forum regarding the Ghorn :

What I read about the Kennerton: much more bass, yes, but less resolution overall. More of a high level fun headphone. Which is fine. You just need to know what you lose when the bass is cranked up.

Is it true ?

My review coming up will go through what’s what- I think it will help-
In short the ppl that use the Ghorn expect to turn volume way up when in fact they can but they really don’t need to- the horn design is nuanced and has incredible resolution at low volumes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back