Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jun 28, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #3,077 of 10,015
T
Okay see it now, but very nice staining you did, looks like they came from Kennerton that way.
Thank you- I meant to make it look stock- yet fill my need for custom fit- and they do- right now I am listening to Bonnie Raitt " Baby Mine "- you can hear a sample here- truly bliss with The Kennerton hp-

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #3,078 of 10,015
You did everything right. Unfortunately, I did not think to pay attention to the fact that the headband was specially made of plastic steel, which makes it easy to "fit" it to yourself. The instructions even have a separate paragraph about this: "The construction of Kennerton Gjallarhorn headphones is very light and comfortable. The self-
adjusting headband allows the users to comfortably listen to the headphones for a long time. But if you
need to slightly increase the pressure of the headphones to your ears – you can easily do this (within
reasonable limits). The headband is made of special moderately plastic steel, which allows you to
bend it to your size. Take the metal parts of the headband with both hands and slightly twist it to
increase the pressure.
!!! Be careful! Don't put your hands on the wooden cups! You should bend the headband by holding
only the metal parts of the headband with your hands!"

But please do not overdo it - this may cause damage to the leather strip on the headband ( the thin skin may just burst). Therefore, the safest way to bend the headband is to simply unscrew the 4 screws and remove the headband adjustment mechanism before doing so. It's very simple.
I would also like to post here a short video that I made a month ago for our customer who also wanted to increase the pressure of the headband.
https://yadi.sk/i/z2SRNQ6nhOalTA

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #3,079 of 10,015
Gjallarhorn... Who don´t want a Gjallarhorn. I will do my best to avoid it but how is the isolation? Same as Magni? And please keep the comparison going on how they differ :)

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #3,081 of 10,015
Exactly ! Why should i buy a Gjallarhorn if I have already a Magni ?
I would compare them to a beautiful woman dressed up for elegant dining who is very articulate and gorgeous in every way (the Magni) and her super twin dressed up for a dance club that will make all your fun dreams come true.
See illustration:

The Magni:
16939670_1353155121411118_4595316577005991025_n.jpg

The Gjalarhorn GH50:
52964841_2204586389601316_2807165035250450432_n.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #3,082 of 10,015
Gjallarhorn... Who don´t want a Gjallarhorn. I will do my best to avoid it but how is the isolation? Same as Magni? And please keep the comparison going on how they differ :)
Same isolation
Customize band as above mentioned for tight fit
They use identical pads

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #3,083 of 10,015
Same isolation
Customize band as above mentioned for tight fit
They use identical pads
Hmm do the Magni have the same plastic steel band so could adjust that safely also?
I gather they are actually quite similar in signature?

Also about the horn thing. Drivers don´t seem any different to regular dynamic drivers so is horn just some description for how they tuned it? Do it sound more like horn speakers? This wont help me though because I never listened to horn speakers.

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #3,085 of 10,015
Hmm do the Magni have the same plastic steel band so could adjust that safely also?
Same question about the band of the Thekk, can it be bended/fine adjusted too ?

Jun 29, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #3,086 of 10,015
The Magni is already quiet dynamic, just I found the bass management not great, so it seems they solve this problem ?
The bass in the Magni is accurate to the source- they are not unnaturally bassy or bloated at all- if the music recorded has deep bass in the track - they show up and your head is filled with tuneful bass- deeper and more fun than a Sennheiser HD600- yet still accurate in a closed in design. And yes both the Ghorn and Magni can be tightened as I showed in both pictures to create a comfortable custom seal where the frequency is much fuller to me than if I hadn't bent them to fit.

The Ghorn is a different sound but similar- its a fun sound different than any other headphone. I can't explain it better right now (I am making a video review so stay tuned) than the pictures of the two women.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #3,088 of 10,015
So I'm enjoying the Ghorn very much. I see when you press the ear cups in the bass increases. Bending the band on the sides does improve bass and impact. These are total fun headphone with great SQ. Now I only listen to EDM so imaging I can't contribute what I think but width is there. Treble out of the box sounds different then my other headphones bright but does not hurt at all. Vocals are good. I'm happy to have bought these as they fill a need in my headphone arsenal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back