Kennerton LSA HP2
Nov 1, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #46 of 150
I got a little brown box at 11:00AM. 20211101_105909.jpg20211101_110037.jpg

Nov 1, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #47 of 150
I got a little brown box at 11:00AM.
That looks lovely. You might be interested in something that I did on a Gjallarhorn JM Edition with a headband cover + Dekoni nugget to address headband microphonics.
FCC5F0F7-9F30-44F0-9487-D725EF676C6E.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #49 of 150
I have to say that I was not impressed initially. Plugged them into my Violectric V220 and they sound bright, thin with no bass. I Guess they do need a lot of burn in and I have to get bending.

Then I thought, "Hey idiot, you do have three amps."

I plug them into my iFi Pro iCAN and Wow! WAY too loud. Go back to low gain, roll the volume to 9:30-10:00. Tube mode, bass boost maxed and 3D maxed. Holy crap are these awesome! Not bass monsters, but good full bass like the Elex's and HE6se's.

This is SO much better! I will try the LP in a day or two.

Nov 1, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #50 of 150
I have to say that I was not impressed initially. Plugged them into my Violectric V220 and they sound bright, thin with no bass. I Guess they do need a lot of burn in and I have to get bending.

I plug them into my iFi Pro iCAN and Wow! WAY too loud. Go back to low gain, roll the volume to 9:30-10:00. Tube mode, bass boost maxed and 3D maxed. Holy crap are these awesome! Not bass monsters, but good full bass like the Elex's and HE6se's.

That's so great to hear! Also, they will need break-in, recommended about 100 hours. You will be pleasantly surprised. I'm going to make a prediction, after allotted time is spent, your Vioelectric V220, will be amazing once again. Yay!

Nov 1, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #51 of 150

I used mine with the violectric v200: bending is key with the horn/hp-2

Nov 1, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #52 of 150

Don't be afraid to bend it, that steel has some serious strength and you can always bend it back the other way. Mine are bent only to the point where when the cups swivel the bottom pads touch. Improved the sound by a lot.

Nov 1, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #54 of 150
Which is also why I sold them. The sound quality is good (even better with the JM mods) but the needed clamp was messing up the experience.
You're referring to bending, modding and selling the HP-2'? I'm thinking Maybe a change to angled ear pads might be the answer at least in part ? Thanks for your input.

Nov 1, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #56 of 150
Yeah I know, I'm swearing in church :wink:
😃, amen brother...any thoughts on the angled pads? My head must be triangular 🔻in shape, I don't seem to have a fit/leakage/non-sealing issue. Lol

Nov 1, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #57 of 150
That looks lovely. You might be interested in something that I did on a Gjallarhorn JM Edition with a headband cover + Dekoni nugget to address headband microphonics.
Can you take a pic of what you did? I just put two Nuggets in my HE6se's and have two left. I saw one guy write that he used tape (two sided or electrical, I can't remember) and that stopped the noise. He put it underneath where it was harder to see.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #58 of 150
😃, amen brother...any thoughts on the angled pads? My head must be triangular 🔻in shape, I don't seem to have a fit/leakage/non-sealing issue. Lol
Yes angled might help but most of "us" over at the Kennerton topic stuck to the stock pads. Detail: Kennerton's oepn back dynamic and planar magnatic headphones only come with angled pads and those headphones fit me like a glove. With the non angled Kennerton's (I have had Magni and these LSA HP-2's) I always felt as if I wanted to bend the headphones slightly forward-inwards if that makes any sense :)

Nov 1, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #59 of 150

Great to hear that. I am gonna experiment with more amps with these. Thanks

Nov 1, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #60 of 150
Yes angled might help but most of "us" over at the Kennerton topic stuck to the stock pads. Detail: Kennerton's oepn back dynamic and planar magnatic headphones only come with angled pads and those headphones fit me like a glove. With the non angled Kennerton's (I have had Magni and these LSA HP-2's) I always felt as if I wanted to bend the headphones slightly forward-inwards if that makes any sense :)
Yes it does, thank you for your input and is greatly appreciated. Another topic: Realizing the HP-2' are supposedly the "mirror of the Gjallarhorn, but I'm also considering the Magni. With your Magni, What differences did you hear in the sound signature between the HP2? A detailed response would be greatly appreciated also. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back