Kennerton LSA HP2
Oct 26, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #16 of 150
Woohoo! I am definitely looking forward to your impressions! I have great hope for these and your assessment is going to really help. 👌🏽
I decided yesterday that the Beyer T5's (3rd gen) were going and the T60 Argons are nice, but on the bubble.

I think I might only need two pairs of closed backs, the Cascades and ???? Hopefully the HP-2's are the answer.

Oct 26, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #17 of 150
Nice score, That's a pretty good deal there. I too, will be waiting for your impressions...mine will be here Thursday (yay!)
Cheers
And yours are already broken in. Looking forward to your thoughts this weekend.

My biggest problem is that I love almost everything at first. Then a month or two in, I either love it, hate it or more commonly, "It's alright". :smile:

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #18 of 150
And yours are already broken in. Looking forward to your thoughts this weekend.

My biggest problem is that I love almost everything at first. Then a month or two in, I either love it, hate it or more commonly, "It's alright". :smile:
Being the "novice" in this area of headphones (I used to own exclusively iems), I just noticed that the connection is a 6.35mm. Too excited to see the details, I assumed it was a 3.5mm lol. I will be limited in sources to my Tandberg receiver and cassette deck. I just ordered a connector to reduce to 3.5mm input as my Hiby R5s only has 3.5 and 4.4....It should be here Friday.
Cheers

Oct 27, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #19 of 150
Being the "novice" in this area of headphones (I used to own exclusively iems), I just noticed that the connection is a 6.35mm. Too excited to see the details, I assumed it was a 3.5mm lol. I will be limited in sources to my Tandberg receiver and cassette deck. I just ordered a connector to reduce to 3.5mm input as my Hiby R5s only has 3.5 and 4.4....It should be here Friday.
Cheers
So, you bought these just for mobile use?
I have a couple of 1'4" to 1/8" converters. Not exactly smooth operators for mobile, but they get the job done.
Not nearly as smooth as just putting a 1/4" adapter on a 1/8" pin.

Oct 27, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #20 of 150
So, you bought these just for mobile use?
I have a couple of 1'4" to 1/8" converters. Not exactly smooth operators for mobile, but they get the job done.
Not nearly as smooth as just putting a 1/4" adapter on a 1/8" pin.
Just missed your gracious offer. Thx for that, I have already ordered a connect for the 6.35-3.5mm. I will use for mainly my portable source (HIBY), as my Receiver and tape deck are about 10' away. I wukk surely test these out also just to check.. I might end up looking for a 4.4mm Balanced/Pentacon cable but will see how the SE output cable does. Thanks again.

Cheers

Oct 27, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #21 of 150
Just missed your gracious offer. Thx for that, I have already ordered a connect for the 6.35-3.5mm. I will use for mainly my portable source (HIBY), as my Receiver and tape deck are about 10' away. I wukk surely test these out also just to check.. I might end up looking for a 4.4mm Balanced/Pentacon cable but will see how the SE output cable does. Thanks again.

Cheers
Sorry for any misunderstanding, but I was just noting that I have used the converter you are getting and it a little cumbersome. NOT ideal for mobile use.

Oct 27, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #22 of 150
Sorry for any misunderstanding, but I was just noting that I have used the converter you are getting and it a little cumbersome. NOT ideal for mobile use.
Duly noted, my error as usual. Maybe a change/addition of a source/power needs to be changed lol...(Headphone amp to plug into?)

Oct 27, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #23 of 150
Duly noted, my error as usual. Maybe a change/addition of a source/power needs to be changed lol...(Headphone amp to plug into?)
I do 100% of my listening with a desktop system, since before Covid. I have built up a pretty nice system with some variety. Occasionally I will go with DAP/phone for short periods on quick trips out. I am actually curious about these as "take to work 'phones", once I finally get working again.

Getting feedback about your DAP experience will be very interesting as I heard they are very easy to drive.

Oct 28, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #24 of 150
Mine are due in tomorrow. Just have to log in this afternoon and pay the taxes.

Oct 28, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #25 of 150
Mine are due in tomorrow. Just have to log in this afternoon and pay the taxes.
Yep, Underwood HiFi is pretty awesome in Delivery...Mine are are out for delivery, any hour now...Halifax? Nice, I'm in Alaska, 28f and. balmy :)

Oct 28, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #26 of 150
Yep, Underwood HiFi is pretty awesome in Delivery...Mine are are out for delivery, any hour now...Halifax? Nice, I'm in Alaska, 28f and. balmy :)
Brrrrrr. The last few weeks have cloudy and cool. It is currently (3:15PM) 50F (10C) and dark outside with a strong wind.

Oct 28, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #27 of 150
Brrrrrr. The last few weeks have cloudy and cool. It is currently (3:15PM) 50F (10C) and dark outside with a strong wind.
Wow, we haven't seen 50f since September, now its 10:22am and still 28f...(But it's a dry cold, lol)

Oct 29, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #28 of 150
I do 100% of my listening with a desktop system, since before Covid. I have built up a pretty nice system with some variety. Occasionally I will go with DAP/phone for short periods on quick trips out. I am actually curious about these as "take to work 'phones", once I finally get working again.

Getting feedback about your DAP experience will be very interesting as I heard they are very easy to drive.
Well, they have arrived, yay! Been listening through my receiver, and I should add my redbook CD Player is a modded Rega Planet 2000. Yeah, short cord and all, standing up next to it lol. So far, incredibly accurate in all ranges without any perceived bloating in the exceptional bass low end and mid-bass without any "bleeding" into the mids. Wow, I believe I made a great choice in my pursuit of musical excellence. I'm not a real reviewer, just I know when something sounds right, at least to my tastes. I will try other genres so far just some YES, The Cure, and a little ELP. The comfort level is pretty darn good and not too clampish (is that even a word?) ha ha. Only listened for about an hour and a half and am happy. We shall see how long the honeymoon lasts 😃. I should get my 6.35-3.5mm attachment tomorrow and get some time with the HIBY R5s. Probably looking for a 4.4 pentaconn cable if the adapter is not to my expectations.
I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Attachments

• CBEB3651-43E3-4C73-BEAF-8DFEB1D14BFE.jpeg
    CBEB3651-43E3-4C73-BEAF-8DFEB1D14BFE.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • B773037C-B557-46D7-8E21-B0C7B69B4BA9.jpeg
    B773037C-B557-46D7-8E21-B0C7B69B4BA9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #29 of 150
Congrats! Mine should be here in a few hours.

Look forward to more feedback from you.

Oct 30, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #30 of 150
Mine have disappeared from the system. I am hoping they will be delivered on Monday. They were still in Quebec yesterday morning at 8:00AM. No way there were going to make the Friday delivery. And it is looking like a Saturday delivery is out of the question, so I am hoping for Monday.
:fingers_crossed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back