Kennerton Audio Closed-Back Headphones (Rögnir, Gjallarhorn GH50, Magni, M-12S, Jord)
Oct 19, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #77 of 100
ASR don't really give face, quite brutal ...
Yeah there's a lot of controversy surrounding ASR. But I mean even DMS acknowledges that the Topping sound just as good as some of his high-end gear, while lacking a bit of character, warmth, signature to them (good or bad you decide).

But I wish someone even smarter than ASR would point out if he was in the wrong and not just make a long rambling on subjectivity like Schiit audio did.. There was something about the pads on that set of Rögnir burried in one of the replies.

Oct 19, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #78 of 100
First off they have much better detail retrieval over the Z1R but the Sony has more bass impact, between the 2 I like the HP-2 quite a bit more.

As for low listening levels, I'd say I normally listen around 80dB or so but do go up to maybe 85dB from time to time. They sound really good no matter what level I listen at and I do EQ the bass a little but as for everything else, there really is no need to because these are one of (if not the most) balanced headphones I've heard. Other than to compare I haven't even picked up any of my other headphones since I got the HP-2, I like them that much. I won't say there the end all be all but for headphones under $1000 I don't think any can beat these at detail retrieval and imo they're right there with the HD800s in that regard. If you like a balanced natural sound then these will work great for you.
I am just reading through the thread now, but I am curious about you feel about your headphones many months later.

Oct 21, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #79 of 100
Fresh arrival from Russia, brand new replacement set of Magni Headphones. Ivan and the crew at Fischer/Kennerton continue to honor their word and their warranty. I’m a man of my word and I absolutely try and always give credit where it is due. I continue to thank them for the their support in all sincerity.

Attachments

• 3DDE172E-D108-4B2B-B398-A67B3D3A0883.jpeg
    3DDE172E-D108-4B2B-B398-A67B3D3A0883.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #80 of 100
Fresh arrival from Russia, brand new replacement set of Magni Headphones. Ivan and the crew at Fischer/Kennerton continue to honor their word and their warranty. I’m a man of my word and I absolutely try and always give credit where it is due. I continue to thank them for the their support in all sincerity.
And...you're putting them up for sale tomorrow right? :smile:

Oct 21, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #82 of 100
Make me an offer, the box is still just like you see it in the picture. This has been close to a 2 year process for me trying to get a set that works. as far as i know these would be a dark wood set, maybe depends on what they sent.
I was just going by your recent statements.

I still haven't decided between Magni, HP-2 and Apos Caspians.

Oct 22, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #83 of 100
May 31, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #85 of 100
Previously owned the Magni. I thought it was pretty awesome at the time, but also felt that both the lower and upper mids were a bit too forward, eventually resulting in fatigue.
I saw a set in the classifieds that had some limited Kennerton pads on them. Evidently, these pads are not readily available, sort of a one off type of deal.
Anyways, when I saw them, the light bulb went off so to speak. I assumed that with the larger pad dimensions (deeper - greater depth), this could potentially solve those issues. And boy did they ever. This is now one of the best closed headphones I've had the pleasure of hearing. The upper peaks and mid bass tilt are gone, resulting in in a significantly more neutral presentation. They still have the crazy good dynamics and transient response, with a smoother,
20220529_101734.jpg
more pleasing and natural tonality. Soundstage and imaging has also noticeably improved. Permanent keepers for sure now! I've been listening to them every night since I got them. Everything I play through them sounds wonderful.

Jun 2, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #87 of 100
Could anyone tell how much space do the Kennerton GH 50 (JM Edition) have inside the earpads, please? I got big ears, so don't know if they fit.
Stock pad inner diameter of ~9 cm so they are not big/wide. It is almost guaranteed that the pads are going to be a very close fit. That said, I also have fairly large ears and the pads are not uncomfortable even if your ears are pressing into the inner surface of the pads.

Jun 9, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #88 of 100
Stock pad inner diameter of ~9 cm so they are not big/wide. It is almost guaranteed that the pads are going to be a very close fit. That said, I also have fairly large ears and the pads are not uncomfortable even if your ears are pressing into the inner surface of the pads.
Hey, did you mean ~6 cm inside? 9 cm is very large. :)

Btw. will the headband fit on my head? From my ear canal to the top of my head it's around 17 cm.

May 30, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #89 of 100
Haven't seen a lot about the M12s, anyone have experience that could share some thoughts? Audio46 seems to have the "2020" version with the 50mm drivers for $490 on sale right now, might pick those up if they have decent feedback.

May 30, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #90 of 100
Haven't seen a lot about the M12s, anyone have experience that could share some thoughts? Audio46 seems to have the "2020" version with the 50mm drivers for $490 on sale right now, might pick those up if they have decent feedback.
Grab them and let us know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back