KEF Space ONe Wireless (Beoplay H9, DT 1770, DSR9BT)
Dec 1, 2017 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JoshG1217

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,

So my current set of cans is the DT 1770. I love them. They sound amazing, EQ well, and are built like tanks. They also pair well with my LG v30 and the built in DAC. However, I primarily use them at work and at the gym, and they are huge and clunky. I picked up a more portable case for them that works well, but they are still just massive.

As a result, I've been looking for something with a smaller footprint that does not compromise on sound, and gives me options. To give you a sense of sounds preference, I also really enjoy the UE6000, but the 1770 is superior, so I default to those, but the UE6000 bass slam is just really fun.

So I have researched quite a bit and narrowed it down to the DSR9BT or the Space One wireless (I tried and ruled out MDr 1000x, Sennheiser PXC 550, V moda wireless ii, and Bose QC 35. I'm a vegan, so anything with leather is also out). DSR9bt has terrible isolation is what the reports say, but sounds amazing. The space one has NC and supposedly sounds better than than H9, but there is almost zero info on it. I read a thread from Fender about it here, but that is all I could really find.

So anyone know how these measure up against each other? If space one beats h9, does h9 beat dsr9bt; how does either compare to 1770, and so on? I would love a wireless portable version of the 1770, but it doesn't exist (I know there is the Aventho, but that is more a wireless t51p from what I have heard).

Thanks for your help.

Dec 1, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #2 of 6
I'm also curious about the Space One wireless. I've tried the B&W PX and 1000x v2 and neither worked for me. The PX was horrible sounding with ANC on and caused a great deal of discomfort after wearing for an hour. The Sony was a bit more comfortable but also caused fatigue after relatively short listening sessions. I have the Beoplay H6 v2 and love those, but want something wireless and preferably with ANC for frequent travel. I suspect the H9 would offer similar comfort and though I've heard the SQ is not on par with the H6, would likely be acceptable. The sticking point there is cost, so if the Space One is similar in comfort then the $100 savings would definitely be attractive.

Dec 1, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #3 of 6
If you want to buy it and let me know how it compares, please do. :wink:

I thought the H9 was better than the 6. It's better than the H8 from what I have read. Weird that the H6 would sound superior. Why bother numbering them then?!

I do agree on the Sony's. I thought they were utterly mediocre. The QC35 are horrendous. The treble was just garbage, and they lack clarity.

Really hoping they are the holy grail. I had a pair of Denon AH-MM440's that I thought were pretty decent, but I still ended up mostly using the 1770's because even though the DEnon's were closer than other one's that I had owned, they were not close enough.

Dec 2, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #4 of 6
DSR9BT have great clarity and bass extention. Slight V-Shape to the sound, slightly distant mids. Poor isolation but extremely comfortable. I am on a quest for my perfect wireless headphone and they are as close as I've come so far. I personally perfer a more mid-centric sound and have come to realise I probably need ANC for my use case. Overall a great headphone.

Dec 3, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #5 of 6
Yeah, if it had ANC, it would be the obvious choice it seems, though $550 is A LOT. Worth it if it has everything, but with poor isolation, I don't know when I would use. People with open backed headphones must not have children...or spouses.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #6 of 6
Just ordered a pair. I'll update once I listen and compare. Very few reviews, but the couple here have been good, so I'm hopeful. I'll exchange for the Aventhos if they are mediocre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back