KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread
Aug 14, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #122 of 1,358
Aug 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #123 of 1,358
It's the ones in the bottom right of this picture, right?

uXihRda.jpg

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #125 of 1,358
Quote:
It's the ones in the bottom right of this picture, right?

uXihRda.jpg

Yes. Those are it, Well those look more like it, but they have a different color in the middle. I'll see if I can take a photo when I get home.

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #126 of 1,358
The original tips I listed are expensive but comfortable as all get out and very durable. They are a great wide bore tip so are worth,the price in my opinion.

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #127 of 1,358
I hope that based on great success with these smaller models Kef will develop a around the ear full size headphone, something a bit more high end. I've always liked their speakers, have the Q300 now, and they sound amazingly music, they can make me wanna dance to country music lol.

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #128 of 1,358
I will buy any full size headphones they come out with...

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #130 of 1,358
Quote:

I must say that after using them off 'n on for the past week, I feel it hasn't really given the me the smile I'd expect. I think the main reason is that I was hoping for greater resolution (which I think the MD3.2's seemed to have had). It performs well for a $300 headphone and in fact I do prefer it over the Beyers DT1350's (recently had a chance to try one in a one-on-one Perth meet). I've tried driving the M500s off the AK120, HM-901 (my preferred so far), and Tera. Also AK120 -> A2P TUR-06 hybrid tube amp.

had a quick test off my portable road warrior source...Samsung note...and ipad.
( not the be$$$t, but its been my bread n butter for so long..and its v practical..)

m500.. very stylish, v light, fit was slightly loose on my skull..
huge spacey soundstage, airy, good comfort, superb isolation total shutout..as in total.
((this is the end of the road for noise cancellation cans I believe )
great for vocals jazz, pop, this can sounds terrific..yesss I reckon for movies too.
when I tried classical pieces...sighhh....sounded like I am sitting not 10 but 20 to 30 rows behind...surprisingly far,
and the resolution was insufficient for me to pick it up...cos I need my classicals to catch a nap in town..:p
we cant have it ALL can we..hmmmmm.
biggrin.gif

m200...was expecting great isolation, but the FIT wasn't great to my ear canal. wow the diameter of those soundpipes is big..10mm??
and the eartips are kinda thin, I guess to compensate for the big diameter...I didn't get a great seal.
Not sure if any other tips could do that for me..cos I think I reached the physical limit in my ears.(complys might get me a better grip? )
Despite the fit, Bass was still too much for my taste...this is surprising too.. Again very spacey soundstage...
digging my soundmemory.. the other OLD,dynamic bigdriver Denon C710 has better bass control while still sounding BIG...cept for the strange length of that denon cable.
(I recommend u try on the m200 b4 pulling the trigger...its either a GREAT or arrrrghhhhh.missssss )

caveat : just my impressions /off ipad, fone / my stuff needs to do reasonably well for classicals / not a basshead.

KEF engineers have gotten off to a GREAT GREAT START..
I am looking forward to a full size killer in the future, I know they can do it...judging from these two.
u guys go ahead n buy these babies...if I have to pick one, the safer option is the m500..me...I...not U.
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #132 of 1,358
My M500s finally landed (after a week with Canada Customs 
size]
...well at least they quickly released my incoming KGSSHV, so I guess we're even). Initial impressions, very well constructed, very comfortable and handsome looking headphones. Sound-wise very balanced. Likely the most balanced portables I've owned.  Imaging is very spacious; especially considering these are on-ear headphones.

More to come...I'll post more thoughts on my portable headphone comparative thread.

Aug 14, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #134 of 1,358
Quote:
My M500s finally landed (after a week with Canada Customs 
size]
...well at least they quickly released my incoming KGSSHV, so I guess we're even). Initial impressions, very well constructed, very comfortable and handsome looking headphones. Sound-wise very balanced. Likely the most balanced portables I've owned.  Imaging is very spacious; especially considering these are on-ear headphones.

More to come...I'll post more thoughts on my portable headphone comparative thread.

What's going on Mr. SE535 man? lol And W4 man. The M500s are good.

Aug 14, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #135 of 1,358
Quote:

What's going on Mr. SE535 man? lol And W4 man. The M500s are good.

IEMs no longer work for me. Comfort issues and after a while my ears filled plugged like I had an ear infection. 
size]
 So, I'm kinda done with them. With my rig put away for the summer (due to many home renovations) I started looking for good portable headphones.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-psb-m4u2-senn-momentum-sony-mdr-1r-bose-qc15-beats-executive-dt1350-ue9000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back