keane "hopes and fears"
Feb 21, 2005 at 3:39 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyrfytrhoges
great recording too!

It's ok. I'd give it a B-. It is thin sounding and a little shrill.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy
Just got the SACD less than 30 minutes ago.

I'll bet that is a big improvement or the dual disc which I understand also exists.
More fullness would be very welcome.

[size=xx-small](I never did get the other band causing a stir, F ferdinand, because I heard a song a number of times on a workplace radio and I thought it was a new Strokes. Identical sounding).[/size]

Feb 21, 2005 at 5:18 PM Post #17 of 21
I purchased hopes and fears last week and i'm sick to death of it. It's musical wallpaper to me. All the songs merge into one monotonous, depressing dirge. I think his voice is pretty dull to. Hopes and Fears should be strictly confined for use in elevators.

Feb 21, 2005 at 5:32 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
It's ok. I'd give it a B-. It is thin sounding and a little shrill.
[size=xx-small](I never did get the other band causing a stir, F ferdinand, because I heard a song a number of times on a workplace radio and I thought it was a new Strokes. Identical sounding).[/size]

Keanes album is thin sounding, but it's got to sound good on boomy car stereos so bass/warmth was probably decreased. BTW I can't believe you can compare Franz Ferdinand to 'The Strokes'. Have you heard their latest album 'Room on Fire'? It's much better than 'Last Night' and FF. I agree that FF are over-rated though, as are The Killers.

Feb 22, 2005 at 1:36 AM Post #19 of 21
i liked it the first couple times i listened to the album, but then it felt like ive heard it for years, and so i grew tired of it. that happens to me with music that are too catchy and easy on the ears.

Feb 22, 2005 at 9:54 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by taymat
BTW I can't believe you can compare Franz Ferdinand to 'The Strokes'. Have you heard their latest album 'Room on Fire'? It's much better than 'Last Night' and FF. I agree that FF are over-rated though, as are The Killers.

I don't know F. Ferdinand. I only heard that one song. I haven't heard 'Room On Fire' or The Killers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickelae
i liked it the first couple times i listened to the album, but then it felt like ive heard it for years, and so i grew tired of it. that happens to me with music that are too catchy and easy on the ears.

I can understand it having that affect. There is a sugariness. And I've never liked high pitched singers, but I'm making an exception with Keane.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shift
Great album. Do they have anymore?

I just learned that this is their debut album. Apparently they've skipped the first two developmentary albums and launched themselves fully realized.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back