KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Sep 4, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #2,041 of 2,441
A bit of sneak peekery!

I gave the Aurora about 72 hours burn-in but I cannot say I noticed very much change from the 48 hour point. Now the I3 Pros are burning in.

So during my recent sneak peek, I had a quick listen to both the Aurora and the TRI I3 Pros, and although it is not very helpful to compare a single driver, in this case a single dynamic driver, to a multi driver set, I did that.

They are both superb sounding earphones. I would describe the Aurora as being light-footed and nimble, while on the I3 Pros notes have weight and they sound substantial (that is not to say the Aurora lack substance, they just appear to be less substantial in note weight compared to the I3 Pros do. I suspect the Planar magnetic drivers have a say in that.

This is just my impression after a quick listen, on one device, without tip rolling (which would have an impact on the dynamic drivers) single ended cables (just as they came) on low gain.

I stress, I like both Aurora and the I3 Pros, needless to say, I have always had a weak spot for the TRI I3s, the I3 Pros are just as appealing as their predecessors.
Thanks for quick update Chris.
May I know what source are you using?

Sep 5, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #2,042 of 2,441
Thanks for quick update Chris.
May I know what source are you using?
Fiio M11. I will get to the mids and provide more detail once the I3 Pros have had some burn-in.

However, I hope how each set renders sound gives you an indication which set is likely to suit your tastes and media collection.

Sep 5, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #2,043 of 2,441
Fiio M11. I will get to the mids and provide more detail once the I3 Pros have had some burn-in.

However, I hope how each set renders sound gives you an indication which set is likely to suit your tastes and media collection.
Thanks Chris.

Your information is useful... More or less, I get how they sound.
I'm a bit familiar with planar sound... in general they seemed to have "presence" or density that is unique and different from DD and BA.

Sep 5, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #2,044 of 2,441
Thanks Chris.

Your information is useful... More or less, I get how they sound.
I'm a bit familiar with planar sound... in general they seemed to have "presence" or density that is unique and different from DD and BA.
Just to let you know I have not forgotten your mids request.

Sep 8, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #2,045 of 2,441
Maybe I can tell my colleague to design a Luminous Stone "KBEAR"
8.jpg

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #2,046 of 2,441
Maybe I can tell my colleague to design a Luminous Stone "KBEAR"
8.jpg
That's pretty. If you were to combine that with changing the color from chrome to a darker chrome to make the blue pop even more, it be downright beautiful.

That said "luminous stone" is generally something with radio-luminescence like tritium, promethium or radium e.g. radioactive materials. So unless phosphorescent paints are used, the most common option for this would be tritium. Which might scare off some people.
Tritium (Hydrogen-3 [³H]), emits very low energy β-particles and has a half life of about 12.3 years. It's commonly found in watches, compasses, exit lights and the like but it's generally very expensive ($30k+ per 1g). It is a gas that is most commonly used in tiny capsules but also exist in the air naturally in minuscule quantities. It's mostly harmless unless ingested and if the capsule breaks it will harmlessly dissipate into the air... as long as you gtfo when it happens. It can give a import problem in a some countries.

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #2,047 of 2,441
It's mostly harmless unless ingested and if the capsule breaks it will harmlessly dissipate into the air... as long as you gtfo when it happens.
I have to say this part made be laugh my head off!!! 🤣

"It will harmlessly dissipate into the air....as long as you gtfo when it happens"!

Quite harmless, just run for your life! 🏃‍♀️ 🏃‍♂️ 🏃‍♂️

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #2,048 of 2,441
I have to say this part made be laugh my head off!!! 🤣

"It will harmlessly dissipate into the air....as long as you gtfo when it happens"!

Quite harmless, just run for your life! 🏃‍♀️ 🏃‍♂️ 🏃‍♂️
I just has to do with not inhaling it before it disperses into the air. Luckily it's lighter than air so if it happens outside this happens fast, indoors can be a bigger issue but opening a few windows will do the job just fine.

If you do inhale it, it won't kill you but you will have to get rid of it by drinking a lot of water, 3~4L a day for about 12~14 days. It can lead to minor health complications down the line due to the local radiation of internal tissue.

But I admit, I did intentionally write it down like that :grin:

Sep 8, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #2,049 of 2,441
I just has to do with not inhaling it before it disperses into the air. Luckily it's lighter than air so if it happens outside this happens fast, indoors can be a bigger issue but opening a few windows will do the job just fine.

If you do inhale it, it won't kill you but you will have to get rid of it by drinking a lot of water, 3~4L a day for about 12~14 days. It can lead to minor health complications down the line due to the local radiation of internal tissue.

But I admit, I did intentionally write it down like that :grin:
The way it was written shows comfortable knowledge of the subject area, and made perfect sense. Which made that part stand out as either advice on what to do indoors (where the substance is unlikely to dissipate quickly) or humour. It certainly made me laugh.

Sep 9, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #2,050 of 2,441
My review of the TRI Starshine is published: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tri-starshine.25172/review/26741/
What a stunning-looking IEM. Damn.
nDUqZhA.jpg

No intention to self promote here. But as mentioned in the review, you can get these for $422 at KeepHiFi by using my discount code "voja". I am receiving a financial benefit if you do decide to use the code. Without the code, you can get them for $469 (KeepHiFi sale price). Once the sale is over, the original $499 price will be back.

As some of you may know, I was a huge fan of the original TRI i3. Well, I have the new TRI i3 Pro over, and I will say that I am not disappointed sound-wise. Will work on releasing a full review.

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #2,051 of 2,441
My review of the TRI Starshine is published: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tri-starshine.25172/review/26741/
nDUqZhA.jpg

No intention to self promote here. But as mentioned in the review, you can get these for $422 at KeepHiFi by using my discount code "voja". I am receiving a financial benefit if you do decide to use the code. Without the code, you can get them for $469 (KeepHiFi sale price). Once the sale is over, the original $499 price will be back.

As some of you may know, I was a huge fan of the original TRI i3. Well, I have the new TRI i3 Pro over, and I will say that I am not disappointed sound-wise. Will work on releasing a full review.
Very good review. The Starshines are incredible IEMs. For their price and quality I would put them at the top of my list.

Sep 11, 2021 at 12:27 AM Post #2,052 of 2,441
nDUqZhA.jpg

Great review. A lot of people love the original i3s, and I am sure there will be some people love i3 pro as well.😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back