KB EAR Audio impressions thread
May 26, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #1,741 of 2,441
The light is spectacular, changeable, and mysterious.
Could you use one sentence to describe this attractive scene?

#kbear #aurora #light

1.jpg
Aurora - the show of light: the immense stage and shimmering colours of ethereal natural harmony - we captured it all in sound for you, KBEar!
:) :wink: :)

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #1,742 of 2,441
Hi Friend!
This is KB EAR HiFi earphone company, I am Wendy, the manager of KB EAR brand, our team has developed two brands KB EAR and TRI, and released a total of 5 pairs of earphone and 3 pairs earphone cable.

KB EAR Official Aliexpress KB EAR Store:https://www.aliexpress.com/store/5017064?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000002.2.39cd64ebsUuUl6

Establish this thread, I hope to hear your feedback and suggestions on KB EAR earphones, I hope to witness the gradual growth of KB EAR, and then share our new products here with everyone. Stay tuned!

Email:wendy@kb-ear.com
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100036686032855
Twitter:https://twitter.com/KBEAR40383392
Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/kbear.li.li/
Wow just wow these get better and better

Right off the bat the sound stage really stick out it's vast and deep with insane placement I couldn't ask for anything better at this price definitely a sound stage king

At first rip Poppin em in my ears they easily got muddy but about 50 hours they started to peak the most

Mids: mids are natural and fast with life but they lack some body with some songs but most of the time I have no problem em they do have a slight spike that is slightly harsh to my ears in the transition from mids/treble area but nothing that isn't abruptly canceled out by the speed of the iem

Bass : it's a mid ranged balanced armeture (if your a bass head or want something for an all rounder this is not your iem) these give a light light sub bass and a heavy mid bass but that's also light on the hitting. The tonality is forsure amazing tho especially for guitar it gives body to acoustics

Treble: treble is bright and crisp but not fatiguing I can enjoy treble happy songs with moderate volume on these for an hour or 2 the treble are natural, transparent,and airy and doesn't lack detail it is on the dark side though a tad bit but not alot

With an over all bass boost added to the iem just don't do it if you want high volumes you'll get nothing but mud . But a bass boost adds body to damn near the wholesale spectrum of the iem at times giving it a warmer texture . With the bass boost it can get a lil congested for me

Sounstage: as I've stated above .. the sound is immense and wide vocals will have echo that I've never heard before just mesmerizing and eargasmic I can't get enough of it. It'll sound kinds middling in the beginning of use but after about 3 days of straight use they have this aura effect

Over all these have an "audiophile tuning" and not meant for the bass head but if you enjoy a beautiful concert or just some beautiful acoustic guitar thankyou tri for send me the NEON they are for sure phenomenal

Pros: mids ,vocals,treble, wide soundstage
Cons: lack of bass

Songs used : the life span of a rivalry by shalfi and glide by ehiorobo

They shine most with lofi

May 27, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #1,744 of 2,441
Does this look like the Aurora in yesterday's scenery picture?
Is it the one that you described in your sentence?
Aurora makes its debut today and will bring about more information in the near future!

One thing about Aurora is that its sound can compete with the Believe's! Please stay tuned! :wink:

KBEAR Aurora.jpg

May 27, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #1,745 of 2,441
D
The light is spectacular, changeable, and mysterious.
Could you use one sentence to describe this attractive scene?

#kbear #aurora #light

1.jpg
Don McLean wrote "Starry, starry night, swirling clouds in violet haze" in his song "Vincent" That fits really well, I think.

May 31, 2021 at 3:29 AM Post #1,747 of 2,441
Does this look like the Aurora in yesterday's scenery picture?
Is it the one that you described in your sentence?
Aurora makes its debut today and will bring about more information in the near future!

One thing about Aurora is that its sound can compete with the Believe's! Please stay tuned! :wink:

KBEAR Aurora.jpg
If these are as good as people make the BElieve out to be, they'll definitely be worth consideration. It'll be a challenge to unseat the Starseas I've fallen in love with, but I'm willing to see how they are. I will say, I'm absolutely loving the design direction that TRI has been taking with their resin IEMs. They're super comfortable to wear and they just look so pretty with the shimmering resin swirl faceplate. Keep up the great work!

Jun 1, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #1,748 of 2,441
The KBEAR KS 1 that I won are quite astonishing.
I've waited to post as I was tempted to post a huge string of superlatives, and thought that I should wait for a while to see if the 'new toy' bias confirmation would ease-up, so I could leave some reasonably level-headed impressions, but the truth is that I friggin LOVE these things.
They're bassy (just the right relative quantity of bass for me), exciting and engaging.
I was really surprised how good the bl03 are for the cost of admission, but the K1 just hit more sweet spots IMO, and that's even before I consider the vastly better physical fit I'm enjoying from the K1.
Even after LOADS of fiddling with cables and tips etc the BL03 were never secure in my ears, comfy but never secure.
The K1's fit superbly right out of the box (I hated the cable at first, and dismissed it, but I was wrong, more to follow) and I even found the tips to be a great fit, which NEVER happens to me! I literally never swapped out from the medium silicones straight out of the box.
At first I found the fit of the cables to be hopeless, as they arched way too high above my ear and were really annoying, but I tried re-shaping them by dipping the ear hook into a bowl of freshly boiled water, bending into the shape I wanted, and holding the shape while the wire cooled. (I removed the iem for this BTW!) This worked perfectly and the cable/ear guide now fits like a glove.
I swapped the cable out for a 4.4mm one anyway, but the stock one actually outperforms it's price bracket by quite a margin once it fits.
The medium ear tip (silicone) seems to be very slightly smaller than most I encounter, so it fits my 'between size' ear canal perfectly, and the nozzle length is decent, and avoids that 'teetering on the edge of falling out' sensation by actually allowing the ear-tip to be inserted properly (N.B. not too deep, just right 😘).
Clarity and resolution aren't affected badly by the large bass quantity, and the upper end seems to be boosted enough that the whole balance just hits my bass-head/audiophile sweet spot.
I was going to end this comment by saying KBEAR are risking entry level customers just sticking with their first time purchase, thereby killing any sales priced north of $21, but now that I think about it, I myself am now thumbing through all of KBears higher end catalogue with a view to find an even better iem with the same overall tonal balance (and maybe driver compliment) as the KB1.
Thanks for holding the competition @WendyLi, and thanks for the KB1, it really is a stellar iem.

Jun 2, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #1,749 of 2,441
The KBEAR KS 1 that I won are quite astonishing.
I've waited to post as I was tempted to post a huge string of superlatives, and thought that I should wait for a while to see if the 'new toy' bias confirmation would ease-up, so I could leave some reasonably level-headed impressions, but the truth is that I friggin LOVE these things.
They're bassy (just the right relative quantity of bass for me), exciting and engaging.
I was really surprised how good the bl03 are for the cost of admission, but the K1 just hit more sweet spots IMO, and that's even before I consider the vastly better physical fit I'm enjoying from the K1.
Even after LOADS of fiddling with cables and tips etc the BL03 were never secure in my ears, comfy but never secure.
The K1's fit superbly right out of the box (I hated the cable at first, and dismissed it, but I was wrong, more to follow) and I even found the tips to be a great fit, which NEVER happens to me! I literally never swapped out from the medium silicones straight out of the box.
At first I found the fit of the cables to be hopeless, as they arched way too high above my ear and were really annoying, but I tried re-shaping them by dipping the ear hook into a bowl of freshly boiled water, bending into the shape I wanted, and holding the shape while the wire cooled. (I removed the iem for this BTW!) This worked perfectly and the cable/ear guide now fits like a glove.
I swapped the cable out for a 4.4mm one anyway, but the stock one actually outperforms it's price bracket by quite a margin once it fits.
The medium ear tip (silicone) seems to be very slightly smaller than most I encounter, so it fits my 'between size' ear canal perfectly, and the nozzle length is decent, and avoids that 'teetering on the edge of falling out' sensation by actually allowing the ear-tip to be inserted properly (N.B. not too deep, just right 😘).
Clarity and resolution aren't affected badly by the large bass quantity, and the upper end seems to be boosted enough that the whole balance just hits my bass-head/audiophile sweet spot.
I was going to end this comment by saying KBEAR are risking entry level customers just sticking with their first time purchase, thereby killing any sales priced north of $21, but now that I think about it, I myself am now thumbing through all of KBears higher end catalogue with a view to find an even better iem with the same overall tonal balance (and maybe driver compliment) as the KB1.
Thanks for holding the competition @WendyLi, and thanks for the KB1, it really is a stellar iem.
I found KS1 shines really well when its dumper filter is removed, highly recommended👍
B7091BD1-F92C-41C7-B1DE-74629C7F29E4.jpeg
460059B9-D4AA-4274-95FD-48D7820A279E.jpeg
BF4F9B49-372B-4F46-9D95-F8DBE46D5CD0.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #1,755 of 2,441
my pair has some considerable channel imbalance unfortunately, but soundwise i think they are good

neonnnnn.jpg

lfenbeon.jpg

(measurements using IEC711 compliant microphone)
That's unfortunate. Will you be seeking out a replacement? That graph looks pretty bright with the gain significantly above the rest of the range, but I'm surprised at how flat the curve is from the sub-bass to mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back