KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Apr 9, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #1,591 of 2,441
Use flip tip mod on your existing tips. I unfortunately don't have link but if you Google 'flip tips mod head fi' you will find it as the first result. Use the hakuzen method listed in the thread.
IMG_20210409_161519_912.jpg

Thanks a lot, i hear improvements in the sound also.

Apr 9, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #1,592 of 2,441
IMG_20210409_161519_912.jpg

Thanks a lot, i hear improvements in the sound also.
Glad that it helped you. Slater and Hakuzen's innovation is truly a life saver. Now I am least bothered about tips as I know I can repurpose them and turn them into something of decent quality.

Apr 9, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #1,593 of 2,441
Hi guys, i have problems with the nozzle of the i3 , do you have tips to suggest ?? The nozzle seems to large for the most of the the tips that I have.
Thanks .IMG_20210407_153637.jpg
I use Comply Comfort T-400 S (small) according to my small ears and ear canals. You can check out many video at YouTube how to insert the Comply memory foam eartips into your ear canals. The Comply Comfort is short and the shape is much spheric than the other Comply’s.

Apr 11, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #1,595 of 2,441
Apr 11, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #1,596 of 2,441
My ks1's are out for delivery. Just gotta hide them from the wife. I'll just tell her I've had them for ages...

Apr 11, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #1,597 of 2,441
My ks1's are out for delivery. Just gotta hide them from the wife. I'll just tell her I've had them for ages...
Don’t worry since it’s very plain looking, the wifey does not take notice

Apr 11, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #1,598 of 2,441
Good luck, from my experience they have a keen eye sight when it comes to what you bought, even though they have no interest in your hobby!! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: I tried sneaking1 or 2, she was always like "where did you get this new one from", and I was like "I ordered them 3 months ago for discount, they are only $5 (zs10 pro, lol)". This is the only advantage you have, make them out to be super cheap iem.:grimacing:

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #1,599 of 2,441
Good luck, from my experience they have a keen eye sight when it comes to what you bought, even though they have no interest in your hobby!! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: I tried sneaking1 or 2, she was always like "where did you get this new one from", and I was like "I ordered them 3 months ago for discount, they are only $5 (zs10 pro, lol)". This is the only advantage you have, make them out to be super cheap iem.:grimacing:

Pro tips to hide gear from the wife/significant others:

1) Get only black or silver looking IEMs or earbuds.
- Buying bigger gear eg headphones is not easy to conceal in terms of storage, packaging and when wearing it.
- Buying garish coloured ones eg BLON BL-05S is also asking for trouble.
- I stuff all my IEMs and earbuds into a drawer and she thinks there are only a few pairs (cause they are mostly black or silver looking), don't leave them out in the open for scrutiny.

2) Get gear with non descript packaging.
- ie no fancy anime girl packaging eg Moondrop, which can be spotted from a mile away.
- big packaging is also asking for trouble, but that one is out of our control.
- IEMs with fancy names on the packaging eg Starfield, Starsea etc is also an obvious target for the wife. If they named their IEMs some alphabet soup like Urbanfun YBF-ISS014, at least the wife can't remember. KZs come with a lot of alphabets and digits too and the models look similarish!

3) Collect the packaging from the post office/drop off postal area rather than home delivery.
- that slight diversion is definitely worth the peace from nagging, you can hide it on the way home. Better than the wife is the one that receives the IEM delivery at the door LOL. She might even damage or "lose" the IEM!!!

4) Do listening outdoors rather than with home desktop setup.
- not ideal for some headphones or power hungry gear but what they don't see won't hurt them. Hence in general, IEMs are very portable and isolating compared to earbuds/open backed headphones and I have shifted towards IEMs nowadays for this.

Please share this among our community, but don't rat us out!!!!

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #1,600 of 2,441

- Buying bigger gear eg headphones is not easy to conceal in terms of storage, packaging and when wearing it.
- I stuff all my IEMs and earbuds into a drawer and she thinks there are only a few pairs (cause they are mostly black or silver looking), don't leave them out in the open for scrutiny.

- ie no fancy anime girl packaging eg Moondrop, which can be spotted from a mile away.
- IEMs with fancy names on the packaging eg Starfield, Starsea etc is also an obvious target for the wife. If they named their IEMs some alphabet soup like Urbanfun YBF-ISS014, at least the wife can't remember. KZs come with a lot of alphabets and digits too and the models look similarish!

3) Collect the packaging from the post office/drop off postal area rather than home delivery.
- that slight diversion is definitely worth the peace from nagging, you can hide it on the way home. Better than the wife is the one that receives the IEM delivery at the door LOL. She might even damage or "lose" the IEM!!!

- not ideal for some headphones or power hungry gear but what they don't see won't hurt them. Hence in general, IEMs are very portable and isolating compared to earbuds/open backed headphones and I have shifted towards IEMs nowadays for this.

"Hiding things from your wife for dummies" - chapter 1, lol :beyersmile:

Apr 12, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #1,601 of 2,441

I told my eagle eyed wife, I owned it for years, showed the box, similar to ZS10 Pro... and she said... "oh yeah, I remembered you bought that ugly looking box iem..., I thought already dumped it in the trash, surprised you still had it."

Black plain looking one works fine... LZ A7 is coming, but this one is using my stimulus money... so no eagle eye...

:D :D :D

Apr 12, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #1,602 of 2,441
I told my eagle eyed wife, I owned it for years, showed the box, similar to ZS10 Pro... and she said... "oh yeah, I remembered you bought that ugly looking box iem..., I thought already dumped it in the trash, surprised you still had it."

Black plain looking one works fine... LZ A7 is coming, but this one is using my stimulus money... so no eagle eye...

:D :D :D

LZ A7 packaging is quite huge friend. It comes in a wooden like box if I remember.
Plus there are tuning nozzles and a big green round hard case and a big array of tips in a box.

And there are some ugly words on the LZ A7 shell, like an entire fairy tale story. All these will let the cat out of the bag.

My wife recognized that the LZ A7 was a new addition, right away. It was worth the scolding though, the LZ A7 sounds very good, definitely can compete with some $500 USD gear even.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #1,603 of 2,441
LZ A7 packaging is quite huge friend.
Plus there are tuning nozzles and a big green round hard case and a big array of tips in a box.

And there are some ugly words on the LZ A7 shell, like an entire fairy tale story. My wife recognized that the LZ A7 was a new addition, right away. It was worth the scolding though, the LZ A7 sounds very good, definitely can compete with some $500 USD gear even.
hehe yeah, she could not argue with my stimulus money...

I was going to get DUNU Luna, but I forego that for the sake of happy marriage. happy wife, happy hubby...

Apr 14, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #1,605 of 2,441
KBEAR Lark 1BA+1DD in Ear Monitor,HiFi Bass in Ear Earphone, IEM Wired Headphones, HiFi Stereo Sound Earphones Noise Cancelling Ear Buds with 0.75mm 2pins Cable (No Mic, Green) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L9D8CWZ/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_glt_i_DC6XWBVHWR962PQ3E7RB :$17.51 after $2 coupon, only 3 left.
Thanks! Ordered. 1left✌️
Also I ordered Tri Starsea & KBEar pure sliver cable from KB Ear aliexpress official store, the Kinboofi customized treble BA looks interesting!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back