KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Sep 6, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #76 of 2,441
I just wanted to let everyone know that thanks help from fellow HeadFi member @AudioNoob, I have finally acquired all 3 driver versions of the F1:

1. Tehnz 29898
2. Bellsing 32257
3. “Generic” driver

I am happy to report that the “generic” drivers are the same as the Tehnz drivers. For some reason they just don’t have the Tehnz engraving on the driver body.

Literally everything is the same between the Tehnz driver and the generic driver. Exact same physical dimensions, same sound, and even the exact same unique micro welds (and a few other unique identifiers on the driver body).

So at least that mystery is solved!

What this means is that there is only 2 versions of the F1 - the Tehnz 29898 and the Bellsing 32257.

For my comparison of the difference between the 2, check here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kb-ear-audio-impressions-thread.912673/page-4#post-15157274

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #77 of 2,441
Yes, the F1 was good, I was lucky to get one with the Bellsing 32257 driver. You will enjoy the KB06, I'm sure.

Well I am still confused as to which one I have. I like it but maybe I am not supposed to... Apparently my photo was upside down before so I am rotated it. but I just cannot read that font to understand it. Just looks like chicken scratchings to me.

f1 driver.jpg

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #78 of 2,441
Well I am still confused as to which one I have. I like it but maybe I am not supposed to... Apparently my photo was upside down before so I am rotated it. but I just cannot read that font to understand it. Just looks like chicken scratchings to me.

The middle five characters on the top line read "32257", so you have the Bellsing driver.

Sep 7, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #79 of 2,441

That is a 3rd driver version. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate a set of those specific ones.

Sep 7, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #80 of 2,441
The middle five characters on the top line read "32257", so you have the Bellsing driver.

All Bellsing drivers I’ve seen come with the Bellsing logo, so that’s not a Bellsing driver.

Although it is a Knowles 32257 clone.

There’s a bunch of Chinese companies that manufacture BA drivers, so I’m guessing that particular driver is made by one of those other companies. Which one has yet to be identified.

Sep 7, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #81 of 2,441
I have a question. What would be a decent replacement cable for the KBear 06? Would like to keep it under $20 US if possible. The cable that came with mine seems to have a flaw somewhere in the plug. I plug it into either my phone or tablet and I have to move it around every time to get a solid connection sound wise.

Sep 8, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #82 of 2,441
I have a question. What would be a decent replacement cable for the KBear 06? Would like to keep it under $20 US if possible. The cable that came with mine seems to have a flaw somewhere in the plug. I plug it into either my phone or tablet and I have to move it around every time to get a solid connection sound wise.
Do you have any other 2 pin cables from other IEMs? I am using one with straight connectors which works fine, but you could use one from any other recent KZ or CCA model.

Sep 8, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #83 of 2,441
Do you have any other 2 pin cables from other IEMs? I am using one with straight connectors which works fine, but you could use one from any other recent KZ or CCA model.
Going to try switching my ZST cable onto them. Not a perfect fit, but hopefully good enough for now.

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #84 of 2,441
Yep, that "fixed" the issue. The 06 is definitely a bit bass heavy as far as tuning goes. That's ok though, it's not so much that it ruins the experience.

Sep 13, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #86 of 2,441
Sep 26, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #88 of 2,441
Well I decided to wth try the KBear KB10, should be here tomorrow. Ill post a first impressions review on them. 5 driver per ear intrigued me, and isolated pipes for each frequency.

Oct 3, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #90 of 2,441
Just got the KB06 and they are quite fun. I need a bit more rumble but the bass is punchy. What immediately grabs you is the forward mids. I had spent a few days with the V90 and wish the vocals were this forward with the 06 clarity. Treble hit me as "polite" as was mentioned in one review. I am quite tolerant so it never gets too peaky or fatiguing for me. It doesn't match the v90's timbre but I think I prefer the kb06 fun. I am fine with the bass and cymbals sounding a bit off, but the v90 recessed lower mids are more of a problem for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back