Karma questions
Jun 16, 2004 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

wahoox2

100+ Head-Fier
I'm considering buying one now (among other players), since the price has dropped, and with an Ext. warranty, I can keep it at around $300. What kind of cases are available for this that would include a belt clip? I would be using it at work, and it is too think to comfortably keep in my pocket.
Also, how easy to use is the software that comes with it? I want my wife to be able to transfer stuff onto it that she would want, and don't want something that is a pain in the @ss to use, like the software that came with the Dell DJ.

Jun 17, 2004 at 1:24 AM Post #2 of 5
As far as cases go, there's an official one coming out now, and if you don't want to wait you can check out what people are making at riovolution.com.
As far as the software goes, it's the best software of that type I've ever used.
If you've ever used iTunes, it's almost exactly like it but more streamlined.

Jun 17, 2004 at 2:59 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by wahoox2
What kind of cases are available for this that would include a belt clip? I would be using it at work, and it is too think to comfortably keep in my pocket.

Check out mindknob.com for a custom-made, playthrough case for the Karma. I'm pretty sure it has a belt clip. Also, most Game Boy Advance cases will fit the Karma quite nicely, and many of those have belt clips or loops as well. There's also a big list of cases in the Karma FAQ at Riovolution.com.

Quote:

Also, how easy to use is the software that comes with it? I want my wife to be able to transfer stuff onto it that she would want, and don't want something that is a pain in the @ss to use, like the software that came with the Dell DJ.

Rio Music Manager is pretty darn good, as bundled software goes. Easy to use, very intuitive.

Jun 17, 2004 at 6:21 PM Post #4 of 5
Crunchyfrog nice to see you around! I knew you'd show up in this thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Wahoo, the Mindknob case is a nice way to protect your Karma. Although it's nothing pretty like the Ipod cases, it does it's job and it's cheap! I happen to be selling mine if you wanna take it off my hands...
cool.gif

I'd give RMM a thumbs up too, I was very easy to use and create playlists.

Jun 17, 2004 at 8:40 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm currently using a MiniDisc case, that has a belt loop. It's obviously not playthrough, as Mindknob's one is. But it does the job of protecting it. And I work with playlists, so I don't often need to touch controls...

In any case, the lack of accessories is one of the biggest disadvantages Karma has... not a line-out cable for portable use in sight, for instance...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back