Karma 2 pic
Jun 5, 2004 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

JaZZ

Headphoneus Supremus
Looks like that's what the Karma 2 looks like.

liEpQDbV70fAI.jpg

( from http://mp3.zol.com.cn/2004/0531/100204.shtml )

peacesign.gif

Jun 5, 2004 at 12:36 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D
Someone has photoshopped from the first picture, note the shadow line and screen content...
There are no pictures yet of the Karma 2.

Do you have some corresponding information or is this mere speculation? I don't know the source, and Babelfish won't even translate the site. There may indeed some Photshop work be in play, but couldn't it nevertheless be a (half-)official, authentic picture?

peacesign.gif

Jun 5, 2004 at 12:44 PM Post #4 of 18
You can't deny that the "Karma 2" picture is derived from the first one in my post.

Also i's been discussed over at Riovolution:

http://forums-riovolution.com/index.php?showtopic=6705

Until there is an actual photo of the device, not something someone knocked up in Photoshop, then it shouldn't be believed.

I think IGN are going to get to see the Karma 2 in a couple of weeks. Whether they are allowed to take pictures is another matter.

Jun 5, 2004 at 12:56 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Karma 2 is very small. If it keeps the form factor it had at the show it will be the most compact on the market. It will also have a color LCD and an SD expansion slot. You don't need an expansion slot for content, but it will allow swapping files on the drive. You can assume it will have a USB 2.0 interface, at least a 20GB drive, and the excellent Rio menu system, which rivals the iPod's for ease of use and clean design.

Source: http://gear.ign.com/articles/521/521...html?fromint=1

It's photoshopped.

Jun 5, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by White Knight
Its photoshopped, I can do that too.[/IMG]

Yeah, I could do it too... but just because we could do it it's proven to be fake? I've not read one single evidence why it is undoubtedly faked, just the stereotype «it's photoshopped».

peacesign.gif

Jun 5, 2004 at 9:26 PM Post #9 of 18
BigD LOL!!!! Laughed my ass off at that one!

look y'all it's a photoshop jobby, no doubt. M.Wiley @ Gear.IGN.com allready described the Karma (he's one of the few in the world outside of Rio that's actually seen it).. and it's got a _color_ screen, and an SD slot.

Jun 5, 2004 at 10:11 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D
But on the same principle could this be the Karma 2??

Well, obviously it isn't an MP3 player, ist it?

peacesign.gif

Jun 5, 2004 at 10:25 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ
Well, obviously it isn't an MP3 player, ist it?

peacesign.gif

It could be a soft donkey shaped case for the Karma 2.

Jun 6, 2004 at 11:26 AM Post #12 of 18
Judging from this fake picture, if Rio will make the Karma 2 a strech and thin version of the current Karma it will look awesome!
It looks better then the current chubby cubic design.

Jun 6, 2004 at 12:21 PM Post #13 of 18
I would also like the Karma 2 to look like that. But more important than the look to me is the possibility to upload the stored music files back to the computer -- hence to use it as a backup device at the same time. Unfortunately that's not possible with the current model, is it? Or is there a trick?

peacesign.gif

Jun 6, 2004 at 12:29 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ
I would also like the Karma 2 to look like that. But more important than the look to me is the possibility to upload the stored music files back to the computer -- hence to use it as a backup device at the same time. Unfortunately that's not possible with the current model, is it? Or is there a trick?

peacesign.gif

Another vote for that feature!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back