Kanye West is a douche.
Sep 14, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #31 of 132
The stunt seems to have worked he's every where and its all anyone is talking about the awards. Gee too bad he's the guest on the premier of Jay Lenos new show tonight. Think anyone will tune in?

As far as dumb stunts on the MTV award shows it's just one of many it's not exactly the Oscars as far as behavior goes.

Limp-Bizkit-Rage-Against_l.jpg

Sep 14, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #33 of 132
Rudeness is a learned behavior not an inherited trait-apparently Kayne has not learned anything but rudeness and disrespect for his time on this earth. I am saddened for both Beyonce and Taylor Swift. Just as an example: this last weekend my youngest son won a Cross Country Invitational Meet over 130 boys' in his Junior High grade Level in the city that we live in and the first boys that he went to congratulate were the two boys that came in second and third (it was a close race), they even took pictures together after the race. I was almost more proud of his sportsmanship and respect of his close rivals than of him winning the race. It's a sorry state that a 13 year old boy knows more about respect and dignity than a grown "man" such as Kayne West.

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #35 of 132
I thought he was a jerk before this and this just topped it off. It was pretty disrespectful.

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #36 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess there is no such a thing as bad publicity...

The corollary to that is "just make sure you spell my name right."

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhfactor1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was almost more proud of his sportsmanship and respect of his close rivals than of him winning the race. It's a sorry state that a 13 year old boy knows more about respect and dignity than a grown "man" such as Kayne West.

Celebrities have behaved badly since time immemorial. And parents have been raising their children to be decent, respectful human beings for just as long. It sounds like you are doing a great job with your son.

I think it's also important to remember that when you teach a child to show respect for others, and when you teach that child right from wrong, you innoculate that child against bad examples set by others. This roll model nonsense is beyond tiresome. If children are affected by the sort of shabby behaviour that Kanye West regularly engages in, it is because their parents have not done their job.

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #38 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Buff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What would today have been like if it was Kid Rock that did this to Keke Palmer?

Are you suggesting that there would have been less of an uproar, or more of one? I don't understand your point.

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #39 of 132
I was actually watching the VMA's and when it happened the first words out of my mouth was "What a **cking ******!".

True that the VMA's aren't the most elevated of shows to watch but that hit an all time low. What an ass.

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #40 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ironically, tennis has become considerably more civil in the last few years. Ilie Năstase, followed by Jimmy Connors and John McInroe, turned the game into a non-stop brat-fest. Serena Williams is normally composed and professional; this outburst was a shock.

I know it's tacky to quote my own post, but I can't resist. I wrote that I thought tennis had become more civil, and then went back to watching the live stream of the US Open final. Not long after, I clearly heard Roger Federer curse at an official over a disputed call. And I consider him a gentleman.

Oh well.

P.S. I just heard excerpts from Serena Williams's press conference held earlier today. I didn't hear the whole session, but I did hear her apologize without making any excuses. And she said she hopes that she will learn from the experience. Whatever happened on the court, at least she didn't compound the error by hesitating to say she is sorry.

Sep 15, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #41 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you suggesting that there would have been less of an uproar, or more of one? I don't understand your point.

I think he's implying there'd be more of an uproar since Rock would be a white male artist doing it to a black female artist.

Kanye is an an idiot, he and other ignorants should not be allowed to represent the black community in any way. I doubt most blacks condone crying racism for every damn thing like these fools. Now a similar question is if it was an Asian or Native American artist being upstaged, would the mainstream even be talking about it this much?

And yeah as people have said, it's the VMAs. And as much as I do like Taylor Swift, her videos and music are just adult disney pop. Hell I don't even like Beyonce.

Sep 15, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #42 of 132
Tennis has certainly calmed down, IMO. Johnnie Mac would throw those tantrums regularly.

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #44 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thread still here?

Really now?

I guess venting about someone we love to hate is awfully hard to stop
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #45 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thread still here?

Really now?