Nov 20, 2002 at 12:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

austonia

Headphoneus Supremus
Any interest in a midwest get-together?

I live in Kansas City MO

Would also suggest an MP3 swap, I have 15,000 tracks or so

Austin

Nov 20, 2002 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 36
I live in KC and I believe that kerelybonto lives around here too. We gotta have more than three though...

BTW if anyone from KC is reading this, have you heard of the audio store Audioport? http://www.audioport.com

Without question this is the best audio dealer in Kansas City. They sell Sennheiser and Grado headphones, B&W speakers, Mark Levinson amps, Classe amp, Denon and Rotel Gear, Thiel speakers, Sonus Faber speakers, Martin-Logan electrostatic speakers, Runco projectors, and a very expensive line of speakers called Wilson Audio. Check out their $250,000 room.

Nov 21, 2002 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 36
Wow, there's actually a real audio store in KC? I never would have guessed it. ...

Yeah, I live there -- at least when I'm not at school here in Washington. So that ends up being about three months out of the year. Except that I plan on being in Russia this summer, so really I'll be there for a few days next week, a couple weeks in the winter, maybe a week in early summer, then probably not again until the following winter.

I think there are a couple other KC-area Head-Fiers, though. I'll try to remember their usernames and ask them to post. ...

kerely

Dec 20, 2002 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 36
woah. i've been here for like 7 years and never seen audioport. I'm going there TODAY. i couldn't find any place in town to check out headphones. been buying all mine blind. well... considering that last post there may be only 2 of us here in KC
frown.gif

Dec 21, 2002 at 5:06 AM Post #5 of 36
There's an interesting looking hi-fi shop called Sound FX at 45th and Belleview that I always drive past and need to go in. They advertise Magneplanars and other interesting stuff, so it might be worth stopping by even if they don't have any headphones. I'll let you know what I find. ...

By the way, I'm in town with two HP-1000s and a HPA-1.

kerely

Jan 6, 2003 at 10:20 PM Post #7 of 36
That's awesome, Raider! Kansas City is a pretty OK place to live, with interesting sites like Country Club Plaza, Worlds of Fun (Oceans of Fun sucks though...), and of course for the audio freaks, Audioport, Sound FX, and Accent Sound (Accent Sound is lower end than Audioport or Sound FX, and Audioport has the priciest gear of all).

Jan 7, 2003 at 9:56 PM Post #9 of 36
Raider-

I really do not think that Audioport has good prices-all of the products I've seen are list. As for the other two, I can't comment.

As for which one has the better equipment, I would think it's a matter of taste, because Audioport's and Sound FX's products are quite different and when I went there, they sounded pretty impressive.

Austonia-

What did you think of your experience at Audioport?

Jan 8, 2003 at 12:20 AM Post #10 of 36
havn't gone yet. mostly what i would be interested in is testing new headphones and equipment. but I rarely buy stuff around town when I can get it on the net for cheaper, with no tax, if I only I can wait for the shipping. If anyone wants to get together in KC i have a collection of headphones and music to share
biggrin.gif

i work nights Sun - Wed, other then that I'm free

Users who are viewing this thread

Back