Kanoa pre-order and discussions
Jul 21, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #31 of 43
Really? I am backing a bunch of different crowdfunding projects including Seiun ProX, Eve V, Axent Wear Headphones, Kanoa, and Trinity audio, and i have to say that in comparison the Kanoa campaign is practically heavenly! They always update you every week, and there is tangible evidence of their progress and they keep communication on twitter and on their website at a high standard. there are always delays when it comes to crowdfunding, but in my experience the entire process has been outstanding. I have no reason to not believe them. The Seiun ProX project we dont even have concrete evidence that it EXISTS yet. just product rendings, and it was supposed to have shipped over a year ago. its still "we will complete all items by the end of next month" but its been that way for months on end, no updates, no communication, not even refunds are processed until 6-8 months later.

Since you did not answer that you have received yours, I guess we just have a different view of what tangible evidence is. I just don't want to mislead others. Hopefully I will be proved wrong and we both will be happy in the near future.

Aug 23, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #32 of 43
Well... So much for my $200... Tanked overnight after trying to pay off a vlogger and push him to release a good review. Also wiped their digital presence overnight.

Their notice to the world of you're lucky enough to have wanted you check the status of your order.
https://getkanoa.com/password

Video review

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #33 of 43
Can't say I'm surprised. Shame is not that I lost my $150, but that honest people who use crowd sourcing to fund bring good products to market will be tainted by crooks like these guys. Everything they did was just to keep their scam going. Most likely, that video review put the truth out and caused them to run and hide.

Aug 24, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #35 of 43
"We know you are disappointed, and can only ask that you understand that we genuinely tried."

Actually not disappointed at all. If anything, I am relieved that I can stop wondering about them. You say you genuinely tried, but the fact that you told us about progress that clearly did not exist while still taking preorders makes that a little hard to believe. That is what will cause me to have doubts in the future with respect to other crowd sourced products. I wonder how much longer you would have kept it up if the review would not have come out.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #37 of 43
Actually not disappointed at all. If anything, I am relieved that I can stop wondering about them. You say you genuinely tried, but the fact that you told us about progress that clearly did not exist while still taking preorders makes that a little hard to believe. That is what will cause me to have doubts in the future with respect to other crowd sourced products. I wonder how much longer you would have kept it up if the review would not have come out.

Yeah, good point - does puts a stain on the crowd funding market but no doubt someone will fill the void with a better version that can actually be delivered. Fascinating though, to watch the story unfold over two years and simply end abruptly with a "sorry we tried and are going to keep your money" post.

Sep 5, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #39 of 43
If you lost money, try talking to your card issuer. I got my money back via Discover, and a few people have gotten their money back through Chase via charge back. My purchase was over a year and a half ago too. say "preorder" dont mention crowdfunding. More info can be found on one of the Kanoa Reddit posts

Oct 1, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #40 of 43
There is a background article in the San Jose Mercury News today about this company, building on the August articles about the company's shutdown.

It's not on the paper's website yet. (I get the digital facsimile edition.) I'll post it as soon as it turns up.

The point of the article is that this was not crowdfunding, and not much of a business either. And they're gone.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #41 of 43
Oct 22, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #42 of 43
Video version with the same details:

Oct 22, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #43 of 43
I don't know. If the company was really a scam would they have given refunds? I got a refund late last year. Were they trying to get it to market and were just in over their heads? Someone should track this guy down and interview him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back