Kaldas Research RR 1 Conquest ($500 Electrostatic)
Aug 12, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #181 of 728
Yes, sadly my excitement is also waning, as I can’t do anything but wait. I’m sure when production increases and more people get a pair of these and reviews start coming in I’ll re-energize again.

Aug 12, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #182 of 728
Pretty much the same situation for me. I couldn't resist and bought a Stax system and am happy with it. Therefore I am not really in a hurry for the RR-1.That being said, I am still interested in the RR-1 because I already have a Stax energizer that is powerful enough to drive it.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #184 of 728
To GET your unit? I think most of us are waiting for a unit available to buy, let alone arrive :). You must be a lucky one.

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #185 of 728
20190811_140439~2.jpg
To GET your unit? I think most of us are waiting for a unit available to buy, let alone arrive :). You must be a lucky one.
Sir. I reside in the same city Aumkar hails from and was aware of this development which is why I got it. I got it in end of May 2019 IIRC and I knew about it several months back.

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #187 of 728

Sir. I reside in the same city Aumkar hails from and was aware of this development which is why I got it. I got it in end of May 2019 IIRC and I knew about it several months back.

Nice picture ! I see you have the Stax 007. in term of layering and imaging can you do a quick comparison between your 2 headphone ? Do you think a sr-L300 Lt is better in this area ?

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #189 of 728
About the Comparison with L300 limited edition. There is a headfier based out of Bengaluru who sold his L300 limited edition and currently uses the RR1 along side a 009.

I prefer the RR1 to the L500, that much I can say from personal preference. For L300 and limited edition I think he should chime in and give his opinion.

Aug 14, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #191 of 728
About the Comparison with L300 limited edition. There is a headfier based out of Bengaluru who sold his L300 limited edition and currently uses the RR1 along side a 009.

I prefer the RR1 to the L500, that much I can say from personal preference. For L300 and limited edition I think he should chime in and give his opinion.

My first e-stat listening experience was in 1977 with a pair of Stax (probably the SR-Sigma). The most recent e-stat listening was done more than a year ago with the SR-407 driven by the SRM-007tii. If I can only use one word to describe the e-stat headphones that would be 'clarity'.

Would you please elaborate why would you prefer RR1 to L500? Thanks.

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #192 of 728
Yes, sadly my excitement is also waning, as I can’t do anything but wait. I’m sure when production increases and more people get a pair of these and reviews start coming in I’ll re-energize again.

Well, most of our current customers are domestic out of which only maybe 35% might be in the Audiophile community, others are industry professionals who are oblivious to Head-Fi.
Our production is stronger than what it was and deliveries have started since last month, in fact we are going to be shipping out our first International batch this month to Germany and California. One of our Customer is going to be taking his RR1 to the ZMF fest in October.
I've discussed this many times but here it is again - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kal...00-electrostatic.900147/page-11#post-15047278

My first e-stat listening experience was in 1977 with a pair of Stax (probably the SR-Sigma). The most recent e-stat listening was done more than a year ago with the SR-407 driven by the SRM-007tii. If I can only use one word to describe the e-stat headphones that would be 'clarity'.

I have requested some of my Customers to post some impressions soon but till then I will try to answer it myself. Even though I make the RR1's, at the end of the day I'm an enthusiast. I don't really care about promoting my Headphone.

The RR1 as discussed by Spritzer and Jude and many others who have posted their opinion is a slightly different take on the signature associated with E-Stats.
The RR1 has improved LF extension than most STAX, apart from the Supra-Aural SR-X but I haven't measured that yet. Also, the treble is less pronounced.

Most of our Dynamic and Isodynamic customers have praised the sound including some STAX Mafia members on a different forum although out of all the Headphones we have sold, only one Customer has disliked the RR1 who happens to own a SR-009S, he thinks the SR-009 is superior in fidelity, on the other hand we have another three Customers owning a SR-009 again and say they have replaced from the SR-009 to the RR1 for their desktop setup.

So, what does that mean? Nothing. Some may like something, some may not. That's why we have posted Measurements against SR009, Meze Empyrean, HD600, AEON, SR007MK2 etc.

In fact, I'll be posting some more graphs in a couple of days of the RR1 VS SR007MK1 VS ESP950. Furthermore, I'm leaving for Bangkok to meet @chinsettawong, the Electrostatic master himself soon.

Nobody has asked me what I, the maker of the RR1 thinks of the RR1, so I'll tell my opinion. I own over 150 Headphones, including some of the most prolific Headphones ever Manufactured and I only use one - the Bose QC35, so in my book, the RR1 is a failure.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #194 of 728
Well, most of our current customers are domestic out of which only maybe 35% might be in the Audiophile community, others are industry professionals who are oblivious to Head-Fi.
Our production is stronger than what it was and deliveries have started since last month, in fact we are going to be shipping out our first International batch this month to Germany and California. One of our Customer is going to be taking his RR1 to the ZMF fest in October. Contrary to what people might be thinking, we are not laying on our ass.
I've discussed this many times but here it is again - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kal...00-electrostatic.900147/page-11#post-15047278

I have requested some of my Customers to post some impressions soon but till then I will try to answer it myself. Even though I make the RR1's, at the end of the day I'm an enthusiast. I don't really care about promoting my Headphone.

The RR1 as discussed by Spritzer and Jude and many others who have posted their opinion is a slightly different take on the signature associated with E-Stats.
The RR1 has improved LF extension than most STAX, apart from the Supra-Aural SR-X but I haven't measured that yet. Also, the treble is less pronounced.

Most of our Dynamic and Isodynamic customers have praised the sound including some STAX Mafia members on a different forum although out of all the Headphones we have sold, only one Customer has disliked the RR1 who happens to own a SR-009S, he thinks the SR-009 is superior in fidelity, on the other hand we have another three Customers owning a SR-009 again and say they have replaced from the SR-009 to the RR1 for their desktop setup.

So, what does that mean? Nothing. Some may like something, some may not. That's why we have posted Measurements against SR009, Meze Empyrean, HD600, AEON, SR007MK2 etc.

In fact, I'll be posting some more graphs in a couple of days of the RR1 VS SR007MK1 VS ESP950. Furthermore, I'm leaving for Bangkok to meet @chinsettawong, the Electrostatic master himself soon.

Nobody has asked me what I, the maker of the RR1 thinks of the RR1, so I'll tell my opinion. I own over 150 Headphones, including some of the most prolific Headphones ever Manufactured and I only use one - the Bose QC35, so in my book, the RR1 is a failure.

Your RR1 may be the next big thing man, stax 009 is almost 4-5 times the price of ur pair at $500 only....an electrostatic headphone for 500 bucks is a steal IMO... obviously I'm going to to count the positive review coz it's been given by 3 guys versus one who didn't like it...the most important thing is I BELIEVE IN U BRO,. what's d Indian price man ?? Let me have it ...I will review it on my YouTube channel

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #195 of 728

As a headphone RR1 sounds more like a high end planar with better highs. In brief it delivers clean yet punchy bass notes with a lot of air and at the same time maintains a nice transition to the mids. However it needs EQ'ing to sound just right for my own preference when it comes to highs. Sound stage wise it is not as tall as the L500 but it's not as confined as an Aedle or a Focal headphone.

Basically I can listen to any genre of music and be glad with a RR1 except for stuff like Webern, Takemitsu where there is a lot of space to breathe between each note. It also does well with complex passages like Cannonball Adderley in Oleo circa 1958 live.

A pro SRM 1 MK2 can run a L500 at its optimum where a 717 or a KGSS brings nothing new to the table, here the RR1 excels as it gets better with more power.

I personally think an Omega is much better than Lambda overall and the RR1 with good gear scales enough to take on a 007 mk2 (SZ3 In my case) so yes it is in my opinion a superior headphone to the L500.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back