Kaldas Research RR 1 Conquest ($500 Electrostatic)
Dec 25, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #406 of 730
Me too, L side.
Just minor flaw.
Why "always" L may be relate to manufacturing, not user's ear or amp or anything else.

I do agree this is good stuff, by sound, not only by price.

My audio path: SP1000ss - 2.5 to dual xlr3 silver - SRM007tA - RR1
Dont know should change RR1s cable or just keeping

Dec 25, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #407 of 730
Squeal can happen due to unwanted dust particles. It's not normal.

We don't identify your username so if you could E-Mail us with your Serial and Name a replacement should be shipped out.

Thanks for sending in the replacement earcups. Received today and so far after 1 hour seems flawless. Enjoying the music very much now. Thanks

Jan 2, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #408 of 730
@MrTechAgent . Is there any information on the Koss E/90 energizer adapter for the RR1? I'd be happy to join the waiting list for your headphones, but in current situation i could not drive them without the adapter. Of course the list is likely long as of now, but i'm very interested in your headphones, the feedback seems ultimately very positive. Likely later down the road i'd upgrade the energizer, but currently i'd like to see how far i can get with the Koss one.

Best regards from Finland!

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #410 of 730
Traded my ZMF Aeolus for my friend's almost brand new stax 353x (with top up of course) to pair with RR1. sounds crazy to some of you, but I never had a love relationship with aeolus despite its universal glowing reviews. I liked it, but for warm/dark headphones, i liked HD650 more lol (sounds less congested).
the most balanced sounding headphones that Ive tried/owned so far is the Hifiman Arya. But the only setup that gave me a long lasting (positive) impression/wow factor was the entry level stax setup (l300+252s). sold them because their comfort was just bad.. base on the reviews from the owners in this thread, RR1 builds and wears better, and retains the estats sound while being slightly darker sounding and bassier (stax l300 can sometime sound sibilant with modern songs and bass is a tad too weak for my taste), which match my preferences.

expecting to receive RR1 in 1 week time. :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #411 of 730
I am running my RR1's with a SRM353x. I think they sound great. They are a warmer more forgiving sound. Plenty of detail and speed but it doesn't feel like the sound is being shoved in your ear. If that makes sense. It just sounds right. See my signature for the other headphones and gear I have. While these don't beat some of my other cans I still find them very enjoyable. And for the price they are hands down my best purchase.

Jan 5, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #412 of 730
@MrTechAgent . Is there any information on the Koss E/90 energizer adapter for the RR1? I'd be happy to join the waiting list for your headphones, but in current situation i could not drive them without the adapter. Of course the list is likely long as of now, but i'm very interested in your headphones, the feedback seems ultimately very positive. Likely later down the road i'd upgrade the energizer, but currently i'd like to see how far i can get with the Koss one.

Best regards from Finland!

Sorry for the late response, have been behind schedule due to the passing of a close relative.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be making that adapter due to the low demand. Sorry!

Jan 6, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #413 of 730
Sorry to hear of your loss. Best wishes.

Jan 6, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #416 of 730
Sorry to hear of your loss. I wish you the best and strength for the future!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back