1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Kaldas Research RR 1 Conquest ($500 Electrostatic)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by SHAMuuu, Feb 15, 2019.
First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29
Next

Last
  1. MrTechAgent
    This weekend was a special day for me as I was able to meet Legendary Indian Singer and Music Director - Roop Kumar Rathod.

One of his songs always meant a lot to me personally growing up. Showcasing the RR1 to him was one of my dreams.

I was lucky enough to be invited to his beautiful house in South Bombay where his family was extremely gracious enough to welcome and host us, I also brought along my Mom who naturally has always been a huge fan.

A few RR1s are already in-use in the Indian Music Industry and hopefully more will get into circulation with time which in general is going to be good for Electrostatic Manufacturers.

Mr. Rathod's daughter, who is also an extremely accomplished Singer will be taking the RR1s to LA soon for an upcoming album she is recording and hopefully will be back to use in her Studio after.

20191110_170229_2.jpg 20191110_170003.jpg

20191110_170200.jpg 20191110_171227.jpg

20191110_171538_2.jpg 20191109_104113.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Kaldas Research Stay updated on Kaldas Research at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.instagram.com/kaldasresearch/ http://kaldasresearch.com/
  2. Sound Eq
    Greetings everyone

I received my Kaldas bout 3 days ago and what an amazing head phone it is

Compared to my stax l300LE the Kaldas has much more enjoyable sound signature, the details are more natural sounding and more musical. The mids are amazing on the kaldas, and for me if the mids on any headphone needs eq then the headphone is not for me. On kaldas the mids are perfectly placed and are nether thick nor thin, they are perfect and they have great have musicality and details. The mids now on l300LE sound a bit strange to me after hearing the kalads. The highs are really amazing with natural details and never sound harsh and are so enjoyable, definitely, on the l300LE the highs can get sharp and can be a turn off if you want to raise the volume. And now I feel the mids to highs on l300LE is not correct compared to kaldas
    Bass on L300LE yes has more punch, but the kaldas is not that far behind, however the tonal balance and signature of the kaldas is way better which makes it a joy to listen to many genres, and yes I listen to everything except classical music.

Compared to my Jade2, well both are musical and natural sounding, but the mids are preferred on the Kaldas, as again something about the musicality of the Kaldas makes it a real unique headphone to listen to compared to others

I am using my 007tii amp, and I reach bout 50% volume to drive the kaldas

For 500 USD the RR1 punches up there with my more expensive planar headphones

Best 500 USD ever spent since I joined head-fi, I will share more impressions later

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    project86, TYATYA, LikeABell and 4 others like this.
  3. VRacer-111
    Assuming stock L300 Limited? I like both my modded L300 Limited and the RR1 about the same as they are two very different sounding estats that are good compliments to each other. The L300 being brighter, more exact/precise sounding and more aggressive/punchy (but not fatiguing) with the RR1 being warmer, more solid/fuller sounding with a more laid back nature.

Kind of like pairing a Beyerdynamic DT-177X GO with a Sennheiser HD6XX...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  4. JP281
    I'm not sure if this has been answered yet but does the cable provided terminate to 5 pin stax connector?

5. MrTechAgent
    Yessir

DSC01168_3 (1).JPG

Kaldas Research Stay updated on Kaldas Research at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

JP281 likes this.
  6. TYATYA
    Thanks for detail review.

RR1 from the review:
    -Detail under the level of Hd800s
    -Highs not as far as extend
    -More bass weigh
    -Not as big headstage

Am I reading right?
    If it is correct, then RR1 seems similiar to my Ibasso SR1s.
    SR1 locate between hd650 and hd800s by its sound properties.
    SR1 towards 650 side when open box. Change pad and cable (copper->silver) makes it toward 800s side.

Having 800s and Sr1 for at home listening.
    Dont have any e.stat headphones (inear have kse1500 and 1200).
    So, does RR1 can bring new flavor or it will be same my current stuff?

Will it much like below sr1 descible:
    (SR1)= 80% 800s in clarity, micro detail, speed, highs extend, sound stage, airy, bass texture, but 115% bass weigh, more sphere sound imagine with fuller& silky smooth mid)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  7. xEcuToR
    Have not heard SR1 so can't comment on it. But in terms of detail and highs, I personally felt it was in the level of stock Stax sr007 mk2. I have been using the KGSSHV and ADI 2 DAC. More power is beneficial for the RR1 in my experience, as it opens up and gives out a very relaxing sound with almost no compromise on detail. Compared 007 mk1, RR1 falls behind in detail and highs but then again, no high end headphone I've heard including HD800, L500, LCD 4, Lambda Signature comes close to 007 mk1 in that regard. I have been using the RR1 for 6 months now. Serial #2.

zolkis and TYATYA like this.
  8. shabta
    I am happy you found the review helpful.

I also haven't heard the SR 1.

I have a slightly different view of the HD800 from xEcuToR. Although I haven't heard the SR007 in some time. I wouldn't say that the HD800 has less detail. I remember thinking at the time I heard them side-by-side that it had smidge more detail, but that easily could be due to the hot treble of the HD800. The gift of the SR007 lies in the delicacy of the sound, due to it's lack of grain, and the layering of it's soundstage. The RR1 has lots of detail, and a grain free sound that it mostly unique to electrostats, a great soundstage and the bass is really good, more slam than HD800, but not the same degree of texture. In terms of getting a different flavor than what you have, it depends. Honestly speaking an electrostat will be a different flavor, no question about it. But how much that is worth to you considering you will also need a new amplifier, only you can know....

TYATYA likes this.
  9. szymonsays
    Any chance you'll offer the option of real leather earpads on future orders? For an additional cost of course.

10. Hubert481
    Are the earpads plugged or glued?

11. MrTechAgent
    No.

Due to the fact that it is the only part that is outsourced and not Manufactured by us. The MOQ requirements are too high for a low volume, niche product like the RR1.

No residue adhesive.

Screenshot_20191120-134633_Photos.jpg

zolkis and Hubert481 like this.
  12. JamesB797
    I'm currently planning to order an RR1 as soon as they become generally available but I realized I should ask, how much ear clearance is there in the cups?

And has anyone tried these and the Aeon Flow Closed/Open?

My ears are just barely too big for the Aeon, they touch the grille inside the cup. If these have more space than the Aeon I should be fine.

13. VRacer-111
    As far as ear clearance goes way better than an L300 but not quite as good as an L700...they also clamp more than a Sennheiser HD6 series.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    JamesB797 likes this.
  14. JamesB797
    I had to put L700 pads on my L300 and after that it had enough clearance but only barely. How much of a difference is it from the L700?

15. VRacer-111
    I'll try measuring when get home, but I'm guessing probably less than a 1mm difference...my ears just slightly touch in the RR1 while they just don't touch on my L300 Limited with L700 pads and headband. I need to send mine in for reworking a minor issue, but in talking with Aumkar it is possible for spacers from 1-3mm to be used under the pad without adversely affecting the sound. So that should be an option you can inquire about whenever you are able to place an order.

JamesB797 likes this.
First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29
Next

Last