k701's arrive - missing 1/4 to 1/8 adapter
Sep 12, 2007 at 5:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

dcpoor

Headphoneus Supremus
has this happened to anyone else? common occurance?
i purchased these NEW/SEALED off of ebay.
it's the older styled packaging and the serial number is 7xxx.

the adapter isn't hidden in the stand or anything right?
frown.gif

sigh, i really wanted to start listening to these tonight after wasting 2 hours of my time in rush hour traffic to pick them up at the DHL facility.

Sep 12, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #2 of 19
They should have included one of those LONG ones.

The Grado or Sennheiser adapter is always an option.

Sep 12, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #7 of 19
Wow, that' something to tell the grandchildren about. A genuine eBay In Recognition of Outstanding Achievement certificate. An incredibly meaningful piece of paper to frame on the wall right next to the Camille Pissarro...
rolleyes.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it was sealed, but it could've been a reseal i guess. it was purchased from this seller before they raised their price.

So you were one of the lucky ones... I'd posted a thread wondering if any of the 6 or 7 purchasers were around here..

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

frown.gif

sigh, i really wanted to start listening to these tonight after wasting 2 hours of my time in rush hour traffic to pick them up at the DHL facility.

Are you sure it's supposed to come with an adapter?
I got one with mine, but it's a different box altogether.

I don't particulary like the 1/4" to 3.5 mm adapter as it is very long and rigid. It could easily damage the 3.5 mm jack. I will make up a an adapter consisting of a 3.5 mm plug, cable and a 1/4" jack to use instead.

The price was fantastic anyway, so if it looks new I'd certainly keep it!

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:48 PM Post #10 of 19
Some moron on eBay sent me a 'New & Sealed' CD. It was a reseal, the sealing machines logo was on the plastic.

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfloding /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't particulary like the 1/4" to 3.5 mm adapter as it is very long and rigid. It could easily damage the 3.5 mm jack. I will make up a an adapter consisting of a 3.5 mm plug, cable and a 1/4" jack to use instead.

x2... Its supposed to include one from AKG, a long gold one with a textured/knurled finish.

I wouldn't fret over it though. IMHO they did you a favor, I never really cared for those long-barreled adapters they place a LOT of stress on the source/amp. Grado / senn adapter FTW

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

frown.gif

I bought mine new from HeadphoneSolutions.com and there was not adaptor, unless I missed it.

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #13 of 19
I got mine from Thomann is Germany a couple of weeks ago. Same box and the adapter was already attached to the cable.

Sep 12, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #15 of 19
Buy a Grado/Sennheiser adaptor, not expensive. Plus their plugs are sealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back