K701 thread
May 6, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #1,487 of 2,619
I'm guessing it's a sock. The way it opens for the AKG logo is really nice though. Get some nice material and a process and you could probably sell it!

May 9, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #1,488 of 2,619
Sorry for my slow reply.
Yes!, it's a sock. One that belongs to my gf (she has much smaller feet than me). 
I think I promised a prize for the correct guess, so OCswing, I'll send you something if you are willing to part with your address (PM me, I Promise I'm not a stalker, neither a stocker [if that matters]) :wink:

I'm not very good with business or marketing so I'll skip on making sellable products. I just enjoy the process of messing with things.

May 9, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #1,489 of 2,619
Thanks a lot Jaeming, after reading your post i've tried to do something similar and this is the result :

May 9, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #1,491 of 2,619

Quote:
Sorry for my slow reply.
Yes!, it's a sock. One that belongs to my gf (she has much smaller feet than me). 
I think I promised a prize for the correct guess, so OCswing, I'll send you something if you are willing to part with your address (PM me, I Promise I'm not a stalker, neither a stocker [if that matters]) :wink:

I'm not very good with business or marketing so I'll skip on making sellable products. I just enjoy the process of messing with things.

I was hoping it was made from some nice soft New Zealand lambs fleece! The B&W P5s pads are made from New Zealand sheep's leather for extra comfort.

May 9, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #1,492 of 2,619
I have used the Singlepower Extreme Platinum edition & 701s for years. About everyone that has heard them liked it. The tubes fill out the body of the music, making the 701 sound as good as I've heard them.

Don't buy from SP. They are bad news.

May 9, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #1,493 of 2,619
Has anyone compared both Mogami and Canare with the K701 or K702? Which did you prefer? Both are VERY cheap. Probably wouldn't cost more than $20 to do a recable.
I think Canare MIGHT be a good match for the K702 for those that have issues with it's treble.

I bought both brands of wire and will compare them soon. I do hate canare on the Sextett, so I'm not sure...it seems like Canare rolls off the highs and makes the sound less clear. Maybe they won't sound better than stock, but i'll know soon. I also bought a pre-made cable from a place called "Guitar-Cable" for $26-$30 and it's quite good, but not a huge difference. Worth the price at least.

The treble on my K702 is kind of bothersome but I'm only at the 40 hour burn in mark. I did another 2 nights of burn-in with the hope the treble will smooth itself out, but I doubt it.
It's like this on the E9 and Micro Amp.

I should point out that it varies from song to song. I'm not blaming the headphone, but I prefer the treble on the K601. Seems a tad more natural on songs with lots of treble.

If I can get the treble toned down without an EQ it might be my favorite music headphone ever. '

BTW it seems like everyone says that you need a $200+ amp for the K701/K702. I think the E9 drives it quite well as a good starter budget amp. Of course my Micro Amp and I imagine a Matrix M-Stage would be far better. Nothing wrong with starting out with the E9 and possibly upgrading later. I actually prefer my K601 with the E9, but the K702 sounds better with my Micro Amp. I definitely think the K702/K701 deserves a more expensive amp, but it's not required for those without a lot of money.

May 9, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #1,495 of 2,619
Is the prize a set of K701s? :p Not that I don't trust you, but I'm in the US and it looks like you're in New Zealand so don't worry about it. That would be a pain in shipping costs to send something. Looks like you might've sparked a new headband mod though!

Quote:
Sorry for my slow reply.

May 10, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #1,496 of 2,619
Well, yes, it'd probably cost than it was worth in shipping but I was planning on sending the matching sock! haha. Let me know if you are interested though. I just paid off my credit card debt! :wink:

Quote:
Is the prize a set of K701s? :p Not that I don't trust you, but I'm in the US and it looks like you're in New Zealand so don't worry about it. That would be a pain in shipping costs to send something. Looks like you might've sparked a new headband mod though!

May 10, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #1,497 of 2,619
That looks awesome!
Very warm and cozy looking :) (especially with the mug in the background). It makes me picture sitting by a fire in a log cabin during a blizzard, keeping warm with my K701's!
Okay, that's cheesy. But nice mod :) 

Quote:
Thanks a lot Jaeming, after reading your post i've tried to do something similar and this is the result :

May 10, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #1,499 of 2,619

Quote:
First post... long time lurker, but I had to share my $5 dollar AKG 701 mod.

It's the best bang for the buck I've ever spent.

http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kids-Wraps-Harness-Ivory/dp/B000R9Z0I6/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header/189-6488660-2681818

I followed suit and it works great! Thanks for the heads-up!!!

May 10, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #1,500 of 2,619
Haha, yeah that might be a bit too much hassle for a sock. Sounds like you should be getting ready to buy some new headphones though!

Quote:
Well, yes, it'd probably cost than it was worth in shipping but I was planning on sending the matching sock! haha. Let me know if you are interested though. I just paid off my credit card debt! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back