K601 vs AD900 Review
Nov 28, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #16 of 32
find the coupon code and put it when checking out. The total would be $99 something.
wink.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
find the coupon code and put it when checking out. The total would be $99 something.
wink.gif

That begs the question, "what's the coupon code?' Some here might like to know so as to take advantage of a great deal. Thanks.

Nov 28, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #22 of 32
Is it a fair thing to say that the K601s are no better or worse then K701s just different? Hoping they can still perform well with acoustic music and variety of light rock and jazz, even though it seems they are meant for classical. I never intended to get K601s or K701s but this deal seems too good to pass up.

Nov 28, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it a fair thing to say that the K601s are no better or worse then K701s just different? Hoping they can still perform well with acoustic music and variety of light rock and jazz, even though it seems they are meant for classical. I never intended to get K601s or K701s but this deal seems too good to pass up.

There have been oodles of posts about the two. The k701 has more treble and bass (by a hair). I think the k701 is harder to drive well, but I haven't had the luxury of hearing the k601 with my new amp.

Nov 28, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Even under amped they perform well on acoustic and light rock, and no reason why they wouldn't handle jazz. Great mids and detail, easy listening, non fatiguing and at around $100 USD - a steal. I can't think of a headphone that can perform that well for those dollars. By all reports they have some different characteristics to the K701, however most would say that the K701 is superior in most aspects, as one would expect.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #25 of 32
Sick deal for sure, I just placed an order. I won't get my hopes too high because they mustn't have many in stock or even worse, it might be a pricing error.

Seriously for $90, this might be an even better deal than the $170 DT880 or the $125 DT770. I've tried the K601, although a bit warm for my taste, it is at least as good as the K501. Properly amped, it eats AD700 for breakfast
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$90 shipped for k601? holy moly. I don't need a new pair. I don't need a new pair.....

That's what I did...

but it didn't work.

welcome home soon.. K601.
redface.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 1:20 PM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by shamu144 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kernmac, maybe you should give a second chance to your K601 with proper amplification. I feel the K601 (at least K501) can offer a better soundstage presentation and improved micro dynamic details, while still retaining a similarly smooth midrange if properly powered with tubes.

regards,

shamu144,
I do like the presentaion of the K601, it offers an alternative to my AD900, it is just not the "better" AD900 I was looking for. However I have just purchaseda Little Dot MKV (solid state not tube) which should have the power to drive the AKGs to what they are capable of. I will post my impressions back here.

Cheers

Nov 29, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$90 shipped for k601? holy moly. I don't need a new pair. I don't need a new pair.....

Yes you do. yes you do. Your eyes are getting heavy. They're beinging to close. Before they do run to your keyboard and place the order. When I snap my fingers you'll wake up a much happier person.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back