K501's wow!!
Jul 18, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kejar31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, the name is just an account name I have used forever. It originally comes from a user account login I had when I worked for Kraft Food. KE stands for Kraft Employee and JAR is my initials. 31 just meant I was the 31st person with kejar at Kraft. Anyways, I got sick of trying to remember my usernames accross the net so I just decided at that time to use that account name. At least up until now it has always been available
biggrin.gif

Oh, i c...so that's not the same as what i've thought before...right ?
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #17 of 23
Love that midrange, going to listen to mine right now!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #19 of 23
Got my new 701 Pads a couple of days ago and man I got to tell you, these things just keep getting better and better. With the 701 pads the highs are slightly rolled off (compared to the original sound) the bass is deeper with the airiness and soundstage slightly pulled back (although the soundstage is still very good). All that and yet the midrange is still unbelievable.

To tell you the truth the 501's are now betting the $hit out oof my HD580's in just about every way! (not the bass though)

I also took some time tonight to recabled mine. I didn't want to do a dual entry on these because I didn't want to ruin the casing to the headphones (not that talented).

Here is a pic of them with the new pads and the new cable. Tell me what you think.
cool.gif
icon10.gif

k501xu9.jpg

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #20 of 23
I think they're great phones. I suspect once you get a full powered amp to drive them, you will no longer think they lack bass. I wouldn't have believed it a few months ago, and the good news is, unlike the 701 pads, the soundstage doesn't go away with more power.

Enjoy them!

Jul 24, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #21 of 23
Sort of curious, I did a google search but couldn't find anywhere to buy the 701 pads.....are there aftermarket retailers who sell them, or does one need to contact AKG directly and request a set?

My 501s are due in Friday...can't wait.

Jul 24, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #22 of 23
You can get them strait from AKG. You just need to call Frank, sorry I don't have the number here at home although it should be easy to find by searching this forum. As another option you can pick up the pads from HeadRoom although they will cost more from there.

Jul 24, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kejar31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can get them strait from AKG. You just need to call Frank, sorry I don't have the number here at home although it should be easy to find by searching this forum. As another option you can pick up the pads from HeadRoom although they will cost more from there.

Yeah, $25 per pad is a bit painful at Headroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back