K501 Appreciation Thread (rejuvenated)
Feb 2, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #106 of 111
I just re-cabled my 501 with a DIY copper Toxic cable.

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #108 of 111
I only bought the 501 recently and used them with different sources and amps, so the sound was always a little different.

Hoping that the mids will warm up just a little and hopefully the bass will fill out somewhat, but then the 501s are not known for a lot or deep bass. Also hopping that the highs will be smooth.

Need some time for the cable to burn in.

Last night with the Woo3 the highs were very clear, but not over the top. Great detail, Great boggy factor.

Jun 13, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #109 of 111
I recently got my hands on a mint condition pair but I'm having an issue with the headband mechanism. 
The elastic string that should supposedly automatically be pulled back to it's original unstretched position when not worn is isn't. 
It remains in the most stretched position unless I manually pull down the slider on both sides which causes excess string as seen in the photo. 
Is there a way I can tighten the string or by making it shorter? 
It's not sure how it got this loose since it's practically like new with high clamping force and with no signs of wear even on the ear pads. Plus the previous own didn't have a large noggin to start of with. 

They sound fantastic though, does some things better than my t1s 
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back