k1000 paint job?
Oct 9, 2002 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

jim

100+ Head-Fier
Have any of you with K1000s noticed that the silver paint on the side logos seem to rub off with even the slightest touch? My once silver 'K1000' on the right side has nearly rubbed off entirely! Is this the case with you guys too, or is it just my particular set?

Oct 9, 2002 at 10:45 AM Post #4 of 12
I just took a look at mine....the left side is perfect, on the right side however the silver is gone from the bottom of the 0's in K1000. This is just like the Grado 325's, silver paint over black plastic.

The HP-1000's are really a trip, I just got a pair advertised as 75% of the lettering intact. After inspection they looked perfect, with the exception of the 'O' in Grado cleanly missing on each ear. After using them for a while I looked at them again and an 'E' in Signature was cleanly missing! Well I found the E on my index finger....DECALS!

Oct 9, 2002 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 12
When I rub fairly hard the paint does come off, but I don't care. All that matters is the wonderful/spectacular sound of my K1000. Am just now listening to Christina Aguilera with big powered sub fill-in. Wow!!!

Oct 9, 2002 at 7:23 PM Post #6 of 12
(Sorry to divert from the K1000, but a crappy paint job's a crappy paint job, right)

88Sound, the lettering on my HP-2 is almost entirely intact. Where some paint is missing, it's only parts of letters missing, kind of like it faded away. I don't think it's decals -- just really hard to get thin lines of paint to stay on a brushed aluminum surface. The "L" and "R" markings appear to be the same paint, and they never seem to come off -- ususally still there on most pairs I've seen with faded lettering. So I think it's just because the lettering's so small that it come off. They should have just etched it.

kerely

Oct 9, 2002 at 10:30 PM Post #8 of 12
Both the pressure pads on mine detach themselves. If the music seems lopsided, I hunt around on the floor for a pad.
Paint job ok. Serial number is 10013. Mention this because K1000s have been around a long time, lots of versions I would think.

Oct 9, 2002 at 11:51 PM Post #9 of 12
Thanks for the replies guys!

Mikeg, true that. I am currently enjoying Mozarts Piano Concert No. 20 played by Evgeny Kissin. The K1000 is capable of truly amazing audio reproduction. What sub are you using with your K1000s?

Yeah, sounds like some of you guys have the bad paint job as well. I'm trying to be as careful as possible with the left side, so my serial number doesn't rub off too! Mine is 10323, btw. I think I might try to use a good silver paint marker and try to outline the right side sometime. Sort of a depressing thought considering they are only what, one month old...

Oct 10, 2002 at 1:54 AM Post #11 of 12
Hi PC Corp,

I bought it new from Headrooms big blow out about a month ago.
smily_headphones1.gif
Wow, headroom's stock must have been around for quite a while!

Oct 10, 2002 at 2:37 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by jim

Mikeg, true that. I am currently enjoying Mozarts Piano Concert No. 20 played by Evgeny Kissin. The K1000 is capable of truly amazing audio reproduction. What sub are you using with your K1000s?

ASL AQ-1005DT amp. with TJ mesh 300B gold tubes. BTW, am now listening to SACD version of Carl Orff's Carmina Burana, which I received today from Head-Fi member Born2bwire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back