K Work Empowered pc, updated and improved version!
Mar 31, 2004 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AC1

500+ Head-Fier
Here is some info concerning an update to the K Works Empowered power cord I have talked about in this forum here:
http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ight=empowered

Since I know some of you do own one, this will give you some info concerning the update or for people who might be interested in a very good power cord especially for the price.

Igor has been able to improve the performance of the cord by using Stillpoints ERS clothe in a creative manner (actually on the forefront, where he has been working with Stillpoints) to absorb RF interference. The result is a “quieter” cord, where a good amount of low level detail is released due to a better noise floor. Some other attributes it also helps is an overall smoother sound, and better focus, definition especially in the low-mids to upper bass where the change is to a more solid, tighter sound. This update has made a very good cord that compared very well to pricier high end cables that much better and is definitely worth doing. For people who are considering a decently priced cable ($200), it will now be very difficult to find one better.

For the people who have an Empowered cord, he will update the power cable for $10 which essentially covers shipping to you. You can contact him at:
gorkuz@yahoo.com

Mar 31, 2004 at 2:13 AM Post #2 of 9
Thanks AC
Will contact Igor about updating my three K Works cords
cool.gif

BTW......any negatives to upgrade, is cable less flexible etc?

Mar 31, 2004 at 5:38 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
Thanks AC
Will contact Igor about updating my three K Works cords
cool.gif

BTW......any negatives to upgrade, is cable less flexible etc?

Hi DA,

No it does not add bulk or anything. It's just something in the IEC. Hope to hear how it goes after it is done. Really does make a nice difference.

Mar 31, 2004 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 9
Ok cords have been sent for upgrade. It does mess my main system up for a while since I was using a couple there, but Igor is really doing existing customers great service upgrading for only $10 each.
cool.gif

More when I have upgraded cords back.

Apr 3, 2004 at 1:26 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Ok cords have been sent for upgrade. It does mess my main system up for a while since I was using a couple there, but Igor is really doing existing customers great service upgrading for only $10 each.
cool.gif

More when I have upgraded cords back.

What great service.........Igor just e-mailed me said my AC cords were received and upgraded same day, he will send out Monday priority mail. Looks like I will be back in business mid week.

Apr 3, 2004 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

What great service.........Igor just e-mailed me said my AC cords were received and upgraded same day, he will send out Monday priority mail. Looks like I will be back in business mid week.

My cord has been sent for upgrade, and I'm buying a second one. Igor will get the cord on Monday, so I won't be far behind.

I've also purchased his turntable mat. More on that in another thread when it arrives.

Apr 8, 2004 at 8:54 PM Post #7 of 9
Two improved K-Works Empowered cables arrived today (along with the K-Works turntable mat). Igor sent them out the day after he got them (it would have been the same day, but he just missed the Post Office). That's fast service! Cable impressions after a bit of time to listen to them...

Apr 10, 2004 at 5:20 PM Post #8 of 9
In case you are wondering how does the K Works AC cord look after upgrade, I have a couple pix. Only difference I can see is at female end of plug we have new shrink tubing with KW initials, under this must be some application of ERS material as AC1 indicated in original post:

Photo 1
Photo 2

Unfortunately I do not have stock cord now to compare, so have no way to accurately determine the degree of improvement. I love these cords because they are so lightweight and flexible,
very handy for small boxes like DAC or Headphone amp etc.

I know I said this before but the customer service Igor provides is outstanding
cool.gif

Apr 11, 2004 at 11:10 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

In case you are wondering how does the K Works AC cord look after upgrade, I have a couple pix. Only difference I can see is at female end of plug we have new shrink tubing with KW initials, under this must be some application of ERS material as AC1 indicated in original post:

Photo 1
Photo 2

Unfortunately I do not have stock cord now to compare, so have no way to accurately determine the degree of improvement. I love these cords because they are so lightweight and flexible,
very handy for small boxes like DAC or Headphone amp etc.

I know I said this before but the customer service Igor provides is outstanding
cool.gif

Nice pics of the new cord DA. Hope you do get a chance to compare it in places where the Nite won out before. That would be interesting because I think the ERS helped improve in the areas where the Nite did better before.
Also to note for ERS, the theory would say that the ERS should have more effect on bigger power draw devices versus lower ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back