K-702 vs. HD-800 Blind Test...on my girlfriend
Mar 17, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #151 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they are told by marketing that bass is best, or they believe that bass booming from car speakers is what music is all about, then they will gravitate to bass heavy headphones. Those are non-audiophile idiots. But not all non-audiophiles are idiots.

My policy has been that if (during auditioning) you can hear the bass right away, it's too bassy. If you have to wait and let the bass and treble come to you, it's probably right. I had this experience with the HD800 and Grado SR200.

I can definitely agree with you here. For some of us, it takes some time to get over gravitation to the booming bass and I say this as a true bass lover. The bass needs to hold the foundation of the music, but when it takes over, the rest of the details of the music can start to fade away.

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #152 of 164
I learned that a big smiley U is great sound from renting lots of cars. Every time I rent a car the bass and sometimes the treble settings are maxed out resulting.

I guess that must be good sound since most people like music equalized that way.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #153 of 164
It's funny, I have the exact opposite reaction from people who try the 800s, no casual listener ever seemed to like the 6xx series, but the 8xx really catches on

Apr 2, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #154 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can definitely agree with you here. For some of us, it takes some time to get over gravitation to the booming bass and I say this as a true bass lover. The bass needs to hold the foundation of the music, but when it takes over, the rest of the details of the music can start to fade away.

no need to worry acix your k702s bass will never take over your details ^_^

btw your annoying to me can you just leave ? <3

Apr 8, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #156 of 164
Acix, for God's sake man run! Have Laura change her name! The jackbooted Sennheiser Nazi's are descending on SF as we speak. If taken, she will be forced to listen to Der Komisar by Falco on screechy HD 800's at earsplitting levels till she recants her preference for AKG 702's. They will be coming from the North so escape through Mexico.
k701smile.gif

Human hearing is generally stated as 20hz to 20 kHz. So why do we have subwoofer’s that go down to single digits? Because frequencies at that low a level move a huge amount of air that can be clearly felt if not actually heard. This adds tremendous impact to the music. Frequencies above 20khz move very little air so they are not so much felt or heard, but better described as perceived.
deadhorse.gif

It still amuses me to no end that someone who voices a preference for AKG K 701/2 over Sennheisr HD 800/650/600 et al, gets criticized for voicing there opinion on a thread they started. Laura no doubt has a very fine, discriminating and musically attuned ear and her opinion is valid. After all even Germany’s finest composer W.A. Mozart had the good sense to live where fine music was most appreciated, Vienna Austria!
beerchug.gif

Apr 8, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #158 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by autonomous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Acix, for God's sake man run! Have Laura change her name! The jackbooted Sennheiser Nazi's are descending on SF as we speak. If taken, she will be forced to listen to Der Komisar by Falco on screechy HD 800's at earsplitting levels till she recants her preference for AKG 702's. They will be coming from the North so escape through Mexico.
k701smile.gif
Vienna Austria!
beerchug.gif

That's hilarious, man! We're still ROFL over that one. Laura and I were just having a flashback with Der Komissar a couple weeks ago and watched both the English and German versions on YouTube. I hope the Gestapo have the English version, too. Bring on the U-Boats, I'm ready. Just waiting for them to be in range.
ph34r.gif

Apr 8, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #159 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're right, they are not the pro-900.
wink.gif

pro-900s are awful headphones they should be CARSUB-900s with that being said k702s still sound off

Apr 8, 2010 at 6:46 AM Post #160 of 164
Isn't it funny, that if you put the word "girlfriend" in the title of a new topic, you get 6,310 views?

Apr 8, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #163 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
na its more like every one knows what hes going to say but they have to look to confirm hes still on his k70x tirade .

You're starting to be annoying with the trolling in this thread, so if you don't have something helpful to say, please move on.

Apr 8, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #164 of 164
I really shouldn't, but it is the perfect opportunity:

successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back