K-1000 and Ed 300b monoblocks, i joined the team
Sep 28, 2002 at 8:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

miziq

100+ Head-Fier
well after almost a year of going nuts what to get its done deal...

akg k-1000
2x 300b Esoteric audio monoblocks
cyrus dad1

first impressions are warm warm warm.... ill be posting review of hafler power amp xl 280 in near future also and there are some integrated el34 amp coming my way so ill try to give comparisment.

will do long review soon, just let me browse my cds....
smily_headphones1.gif

btw on the picture there are 4x el34 but mine is 300b single ended but can be also 2x 300b pararel (but no sense). Ill take picture of my rig soon.

yours

miziq (nut a head phone )

Sep 28, 2002 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 6
OMG
Do I understand you correctly, you are using a pair of Esoteric Audio monoblocks to directly drive your AKG K1000 headphones, one amp per channel?

If this is your headphone set-up, what does your main system look like, heh heh

Sep 28, 2002 at 3:38 PM Post #3 of 6
Good choice miziq, this is my setup also - a pair of Welborne Labs Laurel IIX 300B SET monoblocks driving K1000s. The preamp is either a stepped attenuator passive, or the Melos SHA-1 depending on what I'm trying out at the time.

I started out with Western Electric but now I am very happy with the TJ Mesh Plate tubes, and they're cheaper too.

It works pretty well!

Sep 28, 2002 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 6
Dark Angel...

jes that is headphone rig... ill post a main system in a while
smily_headphones1.gif

im using the passive poti volume control, its done like this, ED monoblock got a choice to drive 300b via ecc 83 only(when using preamp) or if u use switch on the side it acts like build in preamp than u add the ecc88 and u use the poti (atteunatour) and u have like build in pream.

I got problems with cyrus dad1 cdplayer... those guys at shop it seem they used biggggggggg chinch connectors cos they destroyed cd outs... but those things happend even on arcams and meridians...

btw using ecc88 add a bit of a hum but not killing one (it acutaly almost act like 2x ecc83 = double gain).

hope this clears out missing link
smily_headphones1.gif

yours

miziq

btw dark angel.... if u interested where the amp come from www.hajdinjaklabs.com (im a friend and special dealer - studio owner , we are opening studio in few monts ) you can check some of the stuff u can see at my place... but i promise ill put some pictures on line when studiois finished..

Sep 28, 2002 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 6
aeberbach

im using JJ 300b and NI nis (nikola tesla ecc83) for monoblocks and hand made silver interconets from Hajdinjak labs and pear audio...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back