JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100
Aug 2, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #631 of 663
Haven't been here in a long time. But I just broke out my FX1100 and have been loving them again. I switched to wireless earphones for most of my listening on the go for convenience purposes, but listening to these makes me miss the quality sound of corded earphones, and the sound signature of these specifically. I use LCD-2C at home, and I feel like they both have a similar sound that I love.

I imagine by now there are plenty of comparisons between the FW01 and FX1100. Could anyone point me to some?

Aug 2, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #632 of 663
Haven't been here in a long time. But I just broke out my FX1100 and have been loving them again. I switched to wireless earphones for most of my listening on the go for convenience purposes, but listening to these makes me miss the quality sound of corded earphones, and the sound signature of these specifically. I use LCD-2C at home, and I feel like they both have a similar sound that I love.

I imagine by now there are plenty of comparisons between the FW01 and FX1100. Could anyone point me to some?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jvc-ha-fw01-the-new-top-end-wood-driver-iem-2017.831336/

Not really mentioned in that comparison is that you should probably expect a little less bass quantity with the FW01 simply because of the smaller housing. Also, I don't have any links but I know some people out there think the FX1100 is pinnacle of the woodies (excluding the FW10000 that no one has) but they are probably pretty hard to find new, so the FW01 should likely be a worthy replacement.

Aug 19, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #633 of 663
Aug 19, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #634 of 663
Haven't been here in a long time. But I just broke out my FX1100 and have been loving them again. I switched to wireless earphones for most of my listening on the go for convenience purposes, but listening to these makes me miss the quality sound of corded earphones, and the sound signature of these specifically.

You can make these truly wireless with the TRN BT20S earhooks. I use them with my FW01 and they're awesome.

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #635 of 663
You can make these truly wireless with the TRN BT20S earhooks. I use them with my FW01 and they're awesome.

+1 to this. I've used the Fiio BT cable with the 1100, sounds great. The 1100 are so easy to drive, and barely scale with an amp, so they are perfect to use wirelessly.

The FDX1 up on Drop right now might also be a worthwhile successor or upgrade to the 1100 and pre-sale is $250. I'm thinking about them simply because I love Victors.

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #636 of 663
The FDX1 up on Drop right now might also be a worthwhile successor or upgrade to the 1100 and pre-sale is $250. I'm thinking about them simply because I love Victors.

They're less bassy and more neutral than the 1100, but definitely a worthy successor. One of the very best DD IEMs imho, regardless of price.

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #638 of 663
Wow I'd never even heard of these. And only 60 bucks? What's the catch?

Even cheaper: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33039357787.html

Considering the price, there's hardly any catch imo. They're pretty basic, but do sound good. No volume control on earpiece, you have to use your source for volume adjustment. And earpieces need to be charged separately. Apart from that, they're stellar bang for buck. I like them a lot.

If you order them, make sure to select MMCX connectors where it says "Color".

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #639 of 663
Even cheaper: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33039357787.html

Considering the price, there's hardly any catch imo. They're pretty basic, but do sound good. No volume control on earpiece, you have to use your source for volume adjustment. And earpieces need to be charged separately. Apart from that, they're stellar bang for buck. I like them a lot.

If you order them, make sure to select MMCX connectors where it says "Color".
Nice, thanks for the link. I guess the only downside is they're probably pretty goofy looking haha.

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #640 of 663
  • What about power? Can they drive properly IEMs? Some of them are not easy to drive.

What I was thinking to use my Fiio amp and I already bought AptX receiver/transmitter. The only cable that will go it forms the headphones to the amp (with AptX receiver) and Player iBasso DX200 can be on the table/pocket/bag/what ever.

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #641 of 663
Nice, thanks for the link. I guess the only downside is they're probably pretty goofy looking haha.

IMO they're rather inconspicuous. Here's a pic together with the FDX1 (which are a tad smaller than the 1100):
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...re-we-there-yet.861024/page-705#post-15126803

• What about power? Can they drive properly IEMs? Some of them are not easy to drive.

What I was thinking to use my Fiio amp and I already bought AptX receiver/transmitter. The only cable that will go it forms the headphones to the amp (with AptX receiver) and Player iBasso DX200 can be on the table/pocket/bag/what ever.

JVC DDs are easy to drive. For other IEMs, better ask in the TWS thread I linked above. I've only used them with JVCs so far.

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #642 of 663
I use BT20 first gen (not BT20S) with Earsonics EM32. They are quite demanding and I listen at higher volumes than most of my audiophile buddies. On the LG V40, I still have a bit of headroom. And it sounds surprisingly good indeed.

Aug 25, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #643 of 663
I use BT20 first gen (not BT20S) with Earsonics EM32. They are quite demanding and I listen at higher volumes than most of my audiophile buddies. On the LG V40, I still have a bit of headroom. And it sounds surprisingly good indeed.

The 2nd gen or bt20s is definitely louder than the 1st gen. I have both and can confirm this. Also with the bt20s, you get aptx, longer battery life and much sturdier micro usb jack. Oh and much better feel button press than the 1st gen. Definitely a worthy upgrade over the previous one.

Aug 25, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #644 of 663

Do you swap the left and right earbuds when using bt20s so that the angle of the eartip is the same as the original cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back