JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100
Mar 28, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #616 of 663

I listened to the JVC range a while ago in Japan and I liked the v-shaped sound.  If I wanted that sound signature with more of a treble boost than bass (but still boosted) and good for female vocals, would the FX1100 or FX1200 be suitable?  Or would I be better off with another IEM from JVC?  Also, I’d prefer something that didn’t protrude too much from the ears if possible.  Thanks.

If you're looking for V-shaped but treble boosts bias, you might give the JVC HA-FR65S a go. Not sure if they are still in production though. That said, they're not really in the same league as the FX1200 in terms of sound quality. Also the fit might be uncomfortable for some.

Alternatively, you might look into some of Beyerdynamic's IEM or Final Audio to see if those suit your preference. Not sure if I can recall any IEMs with the signature you describe off the top of my head. For full sized cans on the other hand, there's plenty of other options...

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #617 of 663
Thanks for the response.  How does the FX750 compare to the FX1100 and 1200 sound wise?  Are their sound signatures similar?

You can try RHA, they are quite V shaped sounding, their new series are hard to drive but it's super value CL750, or you can try the T20i and change the filter to suit your taste

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #618 of 663

I listened to the JVC range a while ago in Japan and I liked the v-shaped sound.  If I wanted that sound signature with more of a treble boost than bass (but still boosted) and good for female vocals, would the FX1100 or FX1200 be suitable?  Or would I be better off with another IEM from JVC?  Also, I’d prefer something that didn’t protrude too much from the ears if possible.  Thanks.

I'd suggest the new JVC HA-FD7. Bass is only slightly boosted, less than on all wooden models. Treble is a bit more forward, but not overdone. And the HA-FD7 is considerably less conspicuous than the Woodies.

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #619 of 663

I'd suggest the new JVC HA-FD7. Bass is only slightly boosted, less than on all wooden models. Treble is a bit more forward, but not overdone. And the HA-FD7 is considerably less conspicuous than the Woodies.

What is the imaging and timbre like on these?  The wooden diaphragm of the Woody line definitely gives them a unique sound which is excellent for instrument clarity and separation.

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #620 of 663
  What is the imaging and timbre like on these?  The wooden diaphragm of the Woody line definitely gives them a unique sound which is excellent for instrument clarity and separation.

They certainly don't have the unique Woody timbre, but clarity and separation are top-notch. I haven't directly compared imaging, but considering isolation on the HA-FD7 is much better, I'd expect them to sound not quite as open and probably spacious as the vented Woodies. Still, out of all JVCs I know, they'd likely meet @malifact's requirements best.

Mar 29, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #621 of 663
Thanks to everybody for the suggestions.

Quote:
  If you're looking for V-shaped but treble boosts bias, you might give the JVC HA-FR65S a go. Not sure if they are still in production though. That said, they're not really in the same league as the FX1200 in terms of sound quality. Also the fit might be uncomfortable for some.

Alternatively, you might look into some of Beyerdynamic's IEM or Final Audio to see if those suit your preference. Not sure if I can recall any IEMs with the signature you describe off the top of my head. For full sized cans on the other hand, there's plenty of other options...

Just out of curiousity which full sized cans do you have in mind? I've never actually owned a pair, but have considering getting some in the past. Perhaps if you wouldn't mind sending me a PM, as this is straying into off-topic. Thanks.

Sep 22, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #625 of 663
Anyone can compare FX1200/FW01 with:

IE80?
Pioneer CX7/8?
Aurisonic ASG2/2,5?

I owned above earphones and I love sub bass that they produce. I have JVC SZ2000 as well. They are super bassy (especially with Fiio e12).

But I never heard FX/FW JVC's earphones.

Sep 23, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #626 of 663
I hate how normal earphones don`t have enough subbass and mid bass hump without sacrificing vocals. The search stopped after i listened to fx 850s (bright treble with that mid bass hump but female vocals are fatiguing screechy and scream like sometimes). ... But i ordered jvc ha fx1100 recently (2018) even though i know the treble is less pronounced and sub bass bleeds into mid because normal earbuds just sound too plain balanced and boring.

Sorry, can someone else answer the dude's question about how they compare to his earphones?

I recently bought Sony N3a and gave them to a friend after listening to my fx850s again. Even though the Sony N3a has more bass than other earbuds in the sony store it doesn't even compare to the mid bass hump of the jvc ha fx 850s.

I ordered the jvc ha fx1200/1100 to be subwoofed into intergalactic pleasure. Normal rap, edm, psybient songs don't have enough bass for me that's why. Plus I'm using the ghetto cowon plenue d on x-bass not mach bass.

After three years of not using an earphone case my fx 850s ucapped, so i bought uv light glue for 3$ and was careful to seal the plastic cap over the cotton. And the mesh will come off with wiping down the buds daily with alcohol swabs. So i glued down the mesh as well with uv light glue.

Be sure to use a toothpick to apply. Because the uv light pen sometime squirts too much glue out. Squeeze the uv light glue onto a toothpick and apply with the toothpick.,

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #627 of 663
I hate how normal earphones don`t have enough subbass and mid bass hump without sacrificing vocals. The search stopped after i listened to fx 850s (bright treble with that mid bass hump but female vocals are fatiguing screechy and scream like sometimes). ... But i ordered jvc ha fx1100 recently (2018) even though i know the treble is less pronounced and sub bass bleeds into mid because normal earbuds just sound too plain balanced and boring.

Sorry, can someone else answer the dude's question about how they compare to his earphones?

I recently bought Sony N3a and gave them to a friend after listening to my fx850s again. Even though the Sony N3a has more bass than other earbuds in the sony store it doesn't even compare to the mid bass hump of the jvc ha fx 850s.

I ordered the jvc ha fx1200/1100 to be subwoofed into intergalactic pleasure. Normal rap, edm, psybient songs don't have enough bass for me that's why. Plus I'm using the ghetto cowon plenue d on x-bass not mach bass.

After three years of not using an earphone case my fx 850s ucapped, so i bought uv light glue for 3$ and was careful to seal the plastic cap over the cotton. And the mesh will come off with wiping down the buds daily with alcohol swabs. So i glued down the mesh as well with uv light glue.

Be sure to use a toothpick to apply. Because the uv light pen sometime squirts too much glue out. Squeeze the uv light glue onto a toothpick and apply with the toothpick.,

Thank for the reply. Have you tried one of the earphones that I owned? For now best earphones I ever hear was Aurisonic ASG 2. Now I bought Aurisonic ASG 2.5. I hope they will be as good as my previous one!!!

Now it's Cowon D to the other Cowons? I have P1 but never had chance to compare it with other Cowon players.

Sep 24, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #629 of 663
Anyone can compare FX1200/FW01 with:

IE80?
Pioneer CX7/8?
Aurisonic ASG2/2,5?
Can't really help you out there as I'm simply not familiar with the headphones you've mentioned.
Though I've tested the Sennheiser IE80 a few years back and all I can say is that I don't even remember what it sounds like.

Yeah the Sony XBA series does have impressive bass, I would say that it goes even deeper than the woodies, but the woodies have more kick where it matters :ksc75smile:.

Sep 24, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #630 of 663
Yeah the Sony XBA series does have impressive bass, I would say that it goes even deeper than the woodies, but the woodies have more kick where it matters :ksc75smile:.

I had XBA Z5 and my IE80 was producing better bass (mid, sub) than Sony. Way better! And IE80 cost 5x less than Z5. That's just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back