JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100
Feb 8, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #574 of 663
Got a chance to try out the new FW01 and from the experience of an FX1200 owner, I find the FX1200 to be the easier to drive phone while the FW01 definitely needs something better than a standard android phone output to shine. The Trebles are just a touch brighter in the FW01 and you get more detail and articulate sound across the spectrum. Mids are just a touch recessed compared to the FX1200 (more notable if source is weak). Bass is significantly more controlled, tighter, cleaner and less punchy and weighty compared to the FX1200.

Overall, the FW01 is a more reference sound compared to the FX1200 but for the asking price, there's plenty other options to consider from.

Feb 19, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #576 of 663
Got a chance to try out the new FW01 and from the experience of an FX1200 owner, I find the FX1200 to be the easier to drive phone while the FW01 definitely needs something better than a standard android phone output to shine. The Trebles are just a touch brighter in the FW01 and you get more detail and articulate sound across the spectrum. Mids are just a touch recessed compared to the FX1200 (more notable if source is weak). Bass is significantly more controlled, tighter, cleaner and less punchy and weighty compared to the FX1200.

Overall, the FW01 is a more reference sound compared to the FX1200 but for the asking price, there's plenty other options to consider from.

I think this is the definitive description of how the FW01 compared to the FX1100. That the reason why I upgrade from my Fx1200 to FW01

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #577 of 663
Hi Guys

I have my HA-FX1200 since few months and I use it every day. I think it needs at least 500h of burn in to show all it's best. The sound is rock solid. Deep, deep, deep and accurate bass with so many layers and factors, mids and highs aren't in its shadow. I heard so much about bass flooding mids and highs. I know that everyone has a different taste to sound signature. I also felt too much bass before riching the point of 500h. But minor change is sorry JVC it's crappy cable. As soon as I swapped to pure silver  1200 pop-up few levels. Holography is so way better, highs are more detailed and present, the vocal is a little more forward. But please be reasonable reading this we won't change phones A to B with cable. Changes with I'm describing are like 5-10% in +. Firs I use it with my XDP-100R it was ok until I hook it up with my friend's portable tube head amp prototype. Its hybrid construction with NOS 6111 tube and 500mW of class A power. And man! ooo! man! That was change. Detail, wider sound stage, even better-controlled bass. Some of you guys are saying about the lack of comfort. Reverse sides and use it OTE. I listen to it many hours without pain or any discomfort and if something pulls cable it's still in your ear. The last thing tip rooling must be done mode.  I started with original JVC tips (lack of seal), comply foams (bassy), spinfits (too small, lack of seal) at last, I bought Hifiman's tips and those are perfect for me. Tips good thing is that I also destroyed driver protective mesh during cleaning so this set is a rescue :)

Cheers Lukas

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #578 of 663
Yesterday i received my fx1100. I previously owned the fx700. I have the Cayin N6 dap. With fx700 the sound was amazing...Specially the timbre...With FX1100 the timbre and the wow factor is gone...Shall i wait or the differences between these iems cause this different sound behavior?

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #579 of 663
Yesterday i received my fx1100. I previously owned the fx700. I have the Cayin N6 dap. With fx700 the sound was amazing...Specially the timbre...With FX1100 the timbre and the wow factor is gone...Shall i wait or the differences between these iems cause this different sound behavior?

Hm, odd. I personally find the FX1100 a significant improvement to all the other members of the FX families. Especially with the timbre.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #581 of 663
Do they make fake fx1100? but i search Innternet i didnot find something similar

They'd be pretty hard to fake since wood(birch) housing that thin is not easy to make cheaply to bother faking and unless you got them off some shady merchant, chances of them being fake are slim. That said, I wouldn't take that as a guarantee since the kind of things people fake.... *ahem* Anyway, I'd try to compare it to another pair if you have the chance. How is the build quality? The housings should be pretty solid feeling, seamless and has a significant heft to them..Or you can get some outside opinion by letting friends try the two headphones and see if they come to the same conclusions. Sometimes your ear might just prefer the cheaper option and there's nothing wrong with that. Cept for the spent money...

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #582 of 663
Do they make fake fx1100? but i search Innternet i didnot find something similar

They'd be pretty hard to fake since wood(birch) housing that thin is not easy to make cheaply to bother faking and unless you got them off some shady merchant, chances of them being fake are slim. That said, I wouldn't take that as a guarantee since the kind of things people fake.... *ahem* Anyway, I'd try to compare it to another pair if you have the chance. How is the build quality? The housings should be pretty solid feeling, seamless and has a significant heft to them..Or you can get some outside opinion by letting friends try the two headphones and see if they come to the same conclusions. Sometimes your ear might just prefer the cheaper option and there's nothing wrong with that. Cept for the spent money...

They were purchased from me and are certainly not fake. I'm sad to read the disappointment. I've only ever heard the FX1100, so I have no basis for comparison against other JVC models, but they sounded as good as my LZ A4 IEMs. Sotiris you should PM me and we can chat.

-Collin-

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #583 of 663

What tips are you using?  The entire JVC Woody line definitely requires a good set/seal for optimal listening and in particular the much larger/heavier 1100/1200s may be hard to insert well for some ears. 

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #584 of 663
What tips are you using?  The entire JVC Woody line definitely requires a good set/seal for optimal listening and in particular the much larger/heavier 1100/1200s may be hard to insert well for some ears. 

I use the deafult Jvc spiral dot Large size..I had the same at jvc 700.With dansa zip the bass is there. With Cayin which is more bright tha bass is less.I believe i need to burn in my ears :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back