JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100
Jun 26, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #361 of 663
Got a chance to hook up the fx1200 to a very limited production cypherus audio caX discrete class A push pull amp. I was completely stunned at the sound that combo was capable off. I could never imagine that the fx1200 has capable of such stellar midrange and such detailed treble..even the bass while more neutral on the cypherus was much better layered. I was amazed by the cypherus amp's abilities to bring out such amazing sound from my fx1200. It was so good that i bugged mr anton @littlesoundHQ to have another listen at 11pm at night because i was gonna be out of town the next day. Thanks to Mr Herry (the helmsman of cypherus audio for accepting my orders) and for such a great product.

Jun 27, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #363 of 663
I decided to buy the fx1200 just because i'm so into louis armstrong recently and from memory the fx1200 suits his music so well.

Also i tried them only with calyx M and hm901s discreet card before.

Tried them with 901s mini box gold card and boy they sound very good. Decided to buy them and plug em to wa7, boy they sound excelent. Very very good low end, paired with wa7 vocals is just perfect for me. Its interesting how it still sparkles on the highs while retaining the warmth.

Curious how they'll sound once i've break them.

Jun 27, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #364 of 663
Very very good low end, paired with wa7 vocals is just perfect for me. Its interesting how it still sparkles on the highs while retaining the warmth.

Yeah, I would just put them as a very good all rounder, cept that the bass tend to stick out the most and the sound coming off of it may be a bit too rich for some people. Too many people hear "The bass is impressive..." and immediately thing basshead IEMs and move on, not giving the rest of the 1200 much of a chance. That and they drew their conclusions by listening to the 650, 750 and 850 without trying the 1200.

Hm... I wonder if anyone made an MMCX cable with adjustable bass knob like ones for JH siren series... Not sure if that's possible :p

Jun 28, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #366 of 663
Wait until you plug them into Chord Hugo TT. Then you'll understand why I no longer have any interest in many TOTL CIEMs

I will definitely give that a try although maybe not the table top
FX1200 = hip-hop head's portable dream.
version of hugo.

As i discovered the FX1200 can be very flexible across many genres depending on the supporting equipment. Sonic pleasure all round.

Jun 28, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #367 of 663
I will definitely give that a try although maybe not the table top
version of hugo.

As i discovered the FX1200 can be very flexible across many genres depending on the supporting equipment. Sonic pleasure all round.

Keep in mind though that the difference between the Chord Hugo and the TT version is quite a huge leap while the Mojo is just downright disappointing next to the other two. One listen to the TT makes me wonder why people even bother with Tubes at all when you can have Solid State of that quality. But then I remember the pricing and there's such a thing called tube snobs 
tongue.gif

Personally I find the FX-1200 doesn't really benefit as much from lower tier/cheap tube amps/battery operated solid states. The differences are negligible and hardly worth the money as you get very similar performance right off a decent android smartphone and they sounded pretty damn good already. Then of course, the higher tier amp/dacs are just expensive...and hardly worth the money 
tongue.gif

Seriously though I have the fortune of plugging them into a wide variety of sources (portable and otherwise) courtesy of the local headphone stores and getting some surprising and varied results. Some of my favourites are Corda Rock, Aurender, Chord Hugo TT, Mass-Kobo 393, and did I mention Chord Hugo TT? 

Jul 10, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #371 of 663
  got my fx1200, man this earphone is pretty underrated in my region, the build quality and sound really worth all the penny i spend and yea the sound signature more leans toward all rounder with decent bass punch.

Yeah you can feel the built quality when you pick up the housings. Impressed at how JVC managed to put together such a solid housing with a fairly thin piece of wood, but I guess that's Japanese woodcraft for you.

Jul 11, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #372 of 663
Been on mission lately trying to find different amps from my ha2 to match with jvc 1200. Demoed the vorzuge pure II+ and with the jvc 1200 today..comparing to oppo ha2 pairing i can say the vorzuge was a good pairing..broight forth a cleaner sound stage and better resolution on vocals and instrument seperation. Treble was more estended..Bass was still has good extension but not as deep and impactful as ha2. Overall
The pure II is very good. Definitely on my to buy list. The oppo has deeper sound stage but sounds more centered. The pure II+ has a wider stage.
The form factor is also smaller.

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #373 of 663
My linum BaX cable just came today. plug it into the fx-1100. boy they sounds very good out of the plastic. (yes not box plastic :p).

highs: sounds more to my liking more sparkle, feels like its more open compared to stock cable. (note coming from dita truth and th-900 no sibilance for me not sure for others though)
mids : better pronounce and clearer. maybe its elevated a bit? less layering compared to stock
lows : i feel like because of both mids and highs are elevated the lower end presence felt like its being *controlled* slightly less presence. still very good quality and reach very deep. I have no complaint of the lows before though. mixed feelings about this parts, i kinda miss the stock cable lower end presentation at some songs. 

BaX gives the sense of better instrument separations and everything feels more *opened up*. again this might be because the increase of both high and mids. i feel like its a very good solution for people who feels the fx-1100 is too dark. clearly BaX makes the 1100 more of a better allrounder. 

in short this cable makes it sounds more like TH-900/600 ish.

about burning in cable I'm not a believer. burning in dynamic drivers yes i believe that. burning in a cable no i am not. :D

Edit: 
okay decided to do some tip rolling, since with stock cable i used dita's largest bore tips (i felt that it helps on reducing the lower end boom and gives airier highs), and keep using that using linum BaX. Reverted back to spiral dot, and they get even better.
Highs : smoother highs, much much less prone to sibilance. still sparkle and i love them
mids : fuller and more layering compared to truth's large bore tips. stock cable probably produced very slightly more organic mids (?)
low : they turns out to be very good. very very good impact and controlled. I feel like using spiral dot tips with this cable improves the lows compared to the stock cable. 

instrument separation much much more superior compared to stock. 

also tried using the spinfits, they sound ok tbh. but the highs feels veiled and congested. very tight lower end though. 

all in all i prefer the spiral dot tips (M/ML size) 

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #374 of 663
It is good that i don't really need amplifier to amp it now, as mentioned by spw1880, 1200 doesn't benefit much through cheap entry range portable amplifier, as least i know how far this earphone can perform and i can choose to play with the cable or amplifier in future stage. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back