JVC HX55 or Panasonic HJE50 or Sony EX51/71 In-Ear Buds....
Jan 7, 2006 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

LilJohn148

New Head-Fier
Hey, finals are just around the corner and I dont want to use the stock headphones with my creative zen micro, it leaks out too much noise and dont want to make them get disturbed, so I want a good sounding, good isolation, not like shures or something, maybe to get the class noise to a mumble, or when im out and stuff like that...I also want the speakers that have the LEAST leakage! I wouldnt mind if I had it up over half way and it started leaking, but anything under 15 out of 25 volume so no one can hear my music...Its between the:

JVC HX55 - $15

Panasonic HJE50 - $ 25

Sony EX51 or EX71 - $ 26 and $32

The JVC HX55 are good because they look small and light, have the volume control on the wire. But the behind the neck design is stupid, I want Y design.

Panasonic HJE50 have really good sound and isolation from what I heard, but are expensive. I dont kno if they have the Y design or behind the neck, if someone can please tell me.

The Sony EX51 are really small, saw them in real life, reallly comfortable, behind the neck design.

The Sony EX71 are too bassy, but have good isolating, behind the neck design. A Lot of people say the JVC and Pansonic are better for cheaper prices....

Please I need it at a store near by me, maybe like circuit city, walmart, target...in the bay area, ca...that might have the earphones, ONLY THESE CHOICES ONLY, unless there is another nice cheap in the same price range in ear earphone that are good on isolation and have REALLY small leakage...Thats the main thing now...

[size=large]1. Leakage
2. Sound
3. Isolation[/size]

Thank You
John

Jan 7, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by -Paolo-
KSC75 - But thats a Clip on.

But +1 for the Panasonics if those are your choices.

Thanks for your opinion, but those are the only three I want, I hate Clip Ons because it hurts my ears after a while....plus there too big and will be annoying once put in your pockets...
John

Jan 7, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #4 of 24
I know what you mean about putting them in your pockets. It's pretty harsh, but the nice thing with the KSC75 is that they're adjustable.

After wresting with them for a while, they feel like nothing.

But storing them is quite difficult, and the wire is somewhat short for my liking.

Jan 7, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #5 of 24
Well, If you want somthing with isolation the 75's are definately not for you cause they leak a LOT. Espescially in a quiet classroom. I own the ksc 75 and the panasonic hje50's. Don't get the sonys. I went through three pairs. Why?
The frickin wires would fall apart after a few months on 2 of em' and the left bud just died one day on the other one. Never heard the JVC's but I would go with the hje50's. Highs a little harsh on first listen but get better with burn-in and they isolate well enough to block out noise such as talking. Just my opinion
icon10.gif

Jan 8, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #7 of 24
dude,
you need to be researching the site a bit more before posting-I think there are like 4 threads that are currently discussing these headphones-including mine
icon10.gif

Anyways, I keep hearing good things about the Pannies-but I think they have the Y design, which sux for me as well.
Circuit City has them, but for $32.99 which is a rip. You can get them online for a lot cheaper.

Jan 8, 2006 at 7:04 AM Post #8 of 24
I know the ksc75s get recommended alot, but they LEAK sound, which is not what the OP wants.

I have no idea what the JVC HX55s look like, but i did order some JVC canalphones from amazon, it'll be here tuesday so i'll post some remarks ASAP.
here's the product link, u can check it out

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282

Although there are much more expensive and nicer canalphone/in-ear/watever out there... I can speak from experience that the Panasonics are pretty awesome for the student on a budget. They sound great to my ears, relatively cheap, isolate well and most importantly, dont leak sound unless ur blasting the volume on max.... perfect for taking to libraries, classrooms, quiet study areas, etc.

Hope this helped

p.s. i forgot to mention, panasonic is y-style cord. Ususlaly i prefer y style cords, but these panasonic ones are freaking dumb... the right side cord is so much longer than it needs to be.

Jan 8, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by lopsang
I know the ksc75s get recommended alot, but they LEAK sound, which is not what the OP wants.

I have no idea what the JVC HX55s look like, but i did order some JVC canalphones from amazon, it'll be here tuesday so i'll post some remarks ASAP.
here's the product link, u can check it out

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282

Although there are much more expensive and nicer canalphone/in-ear/watever out there... I can speak from experience that the Panasonics are pretty awesome for the student on a budget. They sound great to my ears, relatively cheap, isolate well and most importantly, dont leak sound unless ur blasting the volume on max.... perfect for taking to libraries, classrooms, quiet study areas, etc.

Hope this helped

Hey-Are they safe to use when walking around a loud city (i dont want too much isolation). Hw about for jogging?

Jan 8, 2006 at 7:40 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel
Hey-Are they safe to use when walking around a loud city (i dont want too much isolation). Hw about for jogging?

Yeah i know what u mean, where do u live exactly?

Lets just say Ive been living around nyc all my life, so down here we all developed eyes on the back of our heads (from years of dodging cars and buses i suppose).

Haha.. anyways, you bring up a good point, because even for a savvy new yorker such as myself, there are situations where i find the panasonics isolate a little too much for walking around the city. I feel "disconnected" when im around town listening to the panasonics, and wind up yanking them off because with the music on, i cant hear a damn thing, so people get annoyed when they're screaming at me and im staring at them blank faced. So in the end there's no music for me while walking around, big boooooo. So I use the panasonics mostly in trains, buses, planes, libraries, gym, etc.

Incidentally, I recently bought a KSC75s for the purpose of walking around the city and for working out at the gym. theres enough good press for the ksc75, so i'll spare you the details. what i can say is that at moderate volumes, walking around the city with these bad boys is like having elevator music on at all times, except that it sounds really good, and you can still keep up with everything around you. Unfortunately my gym blasts some funky ass music at maximum volumage... ack its horrible. But these would be fantastic for a person who has gyms nice enough to not blast weird music at high volumes. The earclips might fall off for jogging, so u'd have to make the clip fit tightly, which would pinch ur ears and it wouldnt be too comfortable cuz ur ears are going to hurt like a mofo. i also ordered some sporta-pros for jogging, so i'll let u boys know how that works out too if anyone is interested.

im not much of a jogger, and i havent ran with the panasonics much, but i think there's better out there for joggers. the dumb cord would bounce all funny and the earplug would slowly slip out for me, with each stride making it progessively worse until the earplugs fall out.

edited cuz im a retard and didnt see kwitel's avatar area... haha i left the original "hey where r u from" comment untouched... a testament to my stupidity. nice to see a fellow new yawker on board.

Jan 8, 2006 at 8:02 AM Post #11 of 24
Hey Kwitel, Thats good that there is 4 other threads, including yours, if you have one, please ask your questions on it, not trying to be an ass, but you say I need to search before I post a thread, then you come and ask questions on it???

Lopsang, The JVC earphones that you bought are the ones im talking about HA-FX55W, I want the black ones with volume control though, my finals are next wed-friday, so I want something asap, if its JVC, might get them from walmart for $25...but if its panasonics, I might shop around for near by stores that have them less then $30...
John
Thanks a lot Lopsang!! Please tell me how it goes with your JVC if you get them early or on tuesday...
John

Jan 8, 2006 at 8:15 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by lopsang
Yeah i know what u mean, where do u live exactly?

Lets just say Ive been living around nyc all my life, so down here we all developed eyes on the back of our heads (from years of dodging cars and buses i suppose).

Haha.. anyways, you bring up a good point, because even for a savvy new yorker such as myself, there are situations where i find the panasonics isolate a little too much for walking around the city. I feel "disconnected" when im around town listening to the panasonics, and wind up yanking them off because with the music on, i cant hear a damn thing, so people get annoyed when they're screaming at me and im staring at them blank faced. So in the end there's no music for me while walking around, big boooooo. So I use the panasonics mostly in trains, buses, planes, libraries, gym, etc.

Incidentally, I recently bought a KSC75s for the purpose of walking around the city and for working out at the gym. theres enough good press for the ksc75, so i'll spare you the details. what i can say is that at moderate volumes, walking around the city with these bad boys is like having elevator music on at all times, except that it sounds really good, and you can still keep up with everything around you. Unfortunately my gym blasts some funky ass music at maximum volumage... ack its horrible. But these would be fantastic for a person who has gyms nice enough to not blast weird music at high volumes. The earclips might fall off for jogging, so u'd have to make the clip fit tightly, which would pinch ur ears and it wouldnt be too comfortable cuz ur ears are going to hurt like a mofo. i also ordered some sporta-pros for jogging, so i'll let u boys know how that works out too if anyone is interested.

im not much of a jogger, and i havent ran with the panasonics much, but i think there's better out there for joggers. the dumb cord would bounce all funny and the earplug would slowly slip out for me, with each stride making it progessively worse until the earplugs fall out.

edited cuz im a retard and didnt see kwitel's avatar area... haha i left the original "hey where r u from" comment untouched... a testament to my stupidity. nice to see a fellow new yawker on board.

Lop-thanx for the headsup-I live in Gramercy and I dont like being disconnected from the outside world...I actually like the sounds of the city on top of whatever music I have playing, im sure you understand.
Also, I tend to like having a shot at leaping out of the way when a bus is honking and about to plow me over
tongue.gif

I guess im going to have to get the Panasonic earbuds-im going to go pick them up at Circuit City tomorrow in Union Square-ive used them before and I found them to be the best of the buds but I just cant stand the uneven wire.
If I ever get my hands on the moron that invented that...

BTW LILJOHN I said what I said b/c im the guy who goes around these boards answering questions and trying to help people like you out-and it makes it easier when posters check to see what else is going on before they post.
Sometimes comments are taken a bit too seriously around here cuz its hard to spot sarcasm. I apologize if you felt I was being rude, that was not my intention.

Jan 8, 2006 at 8:35 AM Post #13 of 24
Trust me, im on two other forums, and I HATE when there are 100 threads, and someone starts another one, I searched over 5 times and didnt see the info in those threads helpful, so I started this one, thanks for apologizing, but its alright, ill prolly get whatever I can find! they are both good lucking and good sounding and good price...thanks again, ill do a review with pics and stuff when I get them...maybe I should search before I post the review also ?? HAHA Just Playing
John

Jan 8, 2006 at 9:09 AM Post #14 of 24
Hello?

Is this thing on?

*taps on monitor screen*

Beg, borrow or steal your way to a pair of EP630s. They're better than the Panasonics, far better than the Sony's. If you can live with the L-cord and funny plug of the MD33 that's otherwise the same as the Creative, and the JVC is an unknown quantity to me as I've never heard a pair.

Jan 8, 2006 at 2:59 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel
Lop-thanx for the headsup-I live in Gramercy and I dont like being disconnected from the outside world...I actually like the sounds of the city on top of whatever music I have playing, im sure you understand.
Also, I tend to like having a shot at leaping out of the way when a bus is honking and about to plow me over
tongue.gif

I guess im going to have to get the Panasonic earbuds-im going to go pick them up at Circuit City tomorrow in Union Square-ive used them before and I found them to be the best of the buds but I just cant stand the uneven wire.
If I ever get my hands on the moron that invented that...

you go to canal street in chinatown you can find the panasonics and the jvc for very cheap. i saw those panasonics for 25 bucks last time and you can usually just offer and get them for 20 beans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back