JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Apr 23, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #2,117 of 3,142
I was recently forced to sell my DX1000 but listening to them felt like listening to  very good tower speakers in a smallish but very cosy  room with a nice single malt in one hand. They are definitely coloured and not that transparent but great soudstage depth  and so pleasurable.
It always took me a bit of time to adjust to their sound when switching from another HPs but after a little while you realise you could just spend the rest of your life with it. 
size]

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #2,119 of 3,142
Quote:
I was recently forced to sell my DX1000 but listening to them felt like listening to  very good tower speakers in a smallish but very cosy  room with a nice single malt in one hand. They are definitely coloured and not that transparent but great soudstage depth  and so pleasurable.
It always took me a bit of time to adjust to their sound when switching from another HPs but after a little while you realise you could just spend the rest of your life with it. 
size]

WOW thanks Zen.  Didn't realize these were that involving.  Never got a chance the hear them.  How would you compare these to the D7000?

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #2,120 of 3,142
Quote:
size]

i agree and i add a luxurious midrange.
the bass is enormous but in balanced mode is much more controlled.

Apr 23, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #2,121 of 3,142
Preproman@
It is a love/hate thing, they add some sort of magic that just not comes with other phones, they are by no means analytical, but does have all the details in them, it is hard to describe, but in a pair of HD800 you have all the details chizzeled out in front of you, standing crystalclear beside eachother, in the DX1000 they come toogether and makes music, there is nothing that stabs you in the ears, like siblans an overpowered treble an uncontrolled bass or whatever they just play music..

I resently got my fingers in a pair of STAX SR007 and they are leaps and bounds ahead in their technical abilities, but I still prefer the DX1000 because they play music, eventough I also love the STAXs very much..

I always say that my DX1000 are the pair of phones I want to be wearing in the grave and I have been through a LOT of phones and have listened to almost everything that is on sale, but the DX1000 stands out..

The D7000 is also a very capable phone, but in my book not really a match for DX1000, as the D7000 as good as they are and they are gooood is just a "normal" phone that plays tones, the DX plays music..

They are the only phone in my museum that I will never sell, they are the pair I had the longest, I even got very close to buying an extra pair, just to be sure I have a pair for when I am put in my grave..

Well I am a bit biased it seems, but I have a hard time getting the smile of my face when I listen to the DX...

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #2,126 of 3,142
Quote:
Preproman@
It is a love/hate thing, they add some sort of magic that just not comes with other phones, they are by no means analytical, but does have all the details in them, it is hard to describe, but in a pair of HD800 you have all the details chizzeled out in front of you, standing crystalclear beside eachother, in the DX1000 they come toogether and makes music, there is nothing that stabs you in the ears, like siblans an overpowered treble an uncontrolled bass or whatever they just play music..

I resently got my fingers in a pair of STAX SR007 and they are leaps and bounds ahead in their technical abilities, but I still prefer the DX1000 because they play music, eventough I also love the STAXs very much..

I always say that my DX1000 are the pair of phones I want to be wearing in the grave and I have been through a LOT of phones and have listened to almost everything that is on sale, but the DX1000 stands out..

The D7000 is also a very capable phone, but in my book not really a match for DX1000, as the D7000 as good as they are and they are gooood is just a "normal" phone that plays tones, the DX plays music..

They are the only phone in my museum that I will never sell, they are the pair I had the longest, I even got very close to buying an extra pair, just to be sure I have a pair for when I am put in my grave..

Well I am a bit biased it seems, but I have a hard time getting the smile of my face when I listen to the DX...

WOW! i like this post

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #2,128 of 3,142
the question is that the jvc is not a perfect and neutral headphone. every people say this.
is it right to have an audiophile headphone: neutral, detailed, etc. etc.
but in the life, sometimes, we need a little more color, passion, fire.
in short, sometimes different. this is for me the essence of this headphone

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #2,129 of 3,142
Quote:
Preproman@

Thanks Claus-DK.  Good write up..

Apr 26, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #2,130 of 3,142
Got the stock cables reterminated to 4pin XLR and thought it would tighten the bass.
But I'm pleasantly surprised to report that besides the bass tightening up, I have found three additional bonus features :wink:
1. Soundstage width has increased
2. Unnecessary sibilance has vanished.
3. Treble energy has reduced slightly.

Has anyone had a similar experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back