JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Dec 12, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #2,851 of 3,142
Yeah, the weird font is a dead giveaway really. You'd think they'd at least try to make it look real... but a boy can dream... $500 for the th610 does seem like a fantastic alternative. Though I do hope the dx1000 won't sell out before I can blindly commit to the big $$$

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #2,852 of 3,142
I am planning to sell my Mod DX2000 for 700$ soon if anyone interest , I may put them on ebay, has to take the Photo first

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #2,854 of 3,142
Just the cable (paid for 220$), It reduces the subwoofer effect though, the bass is tighter and faster (I Think so,that it's faster) and the mid is clearer (the mid now can compete with my LCDX somehow). Overall the cable gives more reference sound, but it also changes the sound  a bit.
By the way if someone want the stock, I can put the cable back (not me, but the headphones shop in Bangkok)

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #2,855 of 3,142
  Just the cable (paid for 220$), It reduces the subwoofer effect though, the bass is tighter and faster (I Think so,that it's faster) and the mid is clearer (the mid now can compete with my LCDX somehow). Overall the cable gives more reference sound, but it also changes the sound  a bit.
By the way if someone want the stock, I can put the cable back (not me, but the headphones shop in Bangkok)

Less sub bass so less "slow" bass?

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #2,856 of 3,142
  Less sub bass so less "slow" bass?O

Oqvist how are you ? remember me ? , the one who bought the T1 from you long long time ago !!!!

yeah less sub bass like you said 

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #2,857 of 3,142
  Oqvist how are you ? remember me ? , the one who bought the T1 from you long long time ago !!!!

yeah less sub bass like you said 

Yeah maybe the name ring a bell. T1 still working I hope :)

Dec 14, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #2,859 of 3,142
Oh my, the last person l could think of who would let the JVCs go is you, Luckbad. l feel very sorry to hear that. l hope things get better soon (and they aren't too bad at the moment) 
color]

Dec 17, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #2,861 of 3,142
So, since I can never leave well enough alone, has anybody rewired/cabled their 1000s?  Do you guys think it will kill their resale value to modify them with cables?  Has anyone tried them balanced vs. single-ended?  Is the bass emphasis partially a function of their stock cable?

Iquiring minds want to know.  And by 'enquiring minds', I mean ME!!!

I had BTG audio rewire mine with Q French Silk a couple of years ago.......4' long and loved the form factor. No sound change but ergonomics were better for sure.

Dec 17, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #2,862 of 3,142
I had BTG audio rewire mine with Q French Silk a couple of years ago.......4' long and loved the form factor. No sound change but ergonomics were better for sure.

Thanks for the reply

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #2,863 of 3,142
With low bass notes one of the drivers on my dx1000 rattles. It only happens on very loud volumes and with bassy music so most of the time it is not an issue.  This has been going on for couple of years and I've fixed it couple of times. It seems that at the edge of the driver the diaphgram has gotten loose and then the driver moves uncontrollably on some notes making the voice coil scratch against the magnet. Little blue tack at the edge of the driver holds the diaphgram in place but over time the blue tack dries(looses weight maybe?) and has to be replaced.   Getting a replacement driver for dx1000 is propably impossible, or atleast very expensive?

So what next? Should I just get another pair of dx700/dx1000/dx2000 or is there something else worth checking out? Only headphone I've heard that has similar particular sound presentation is nad viso hp50 but it would be too much of a downgrade in general. From what I've red fostex offering are propably too bright. Audioquest nighthawk sounded too muffled to my ears. I do like hd650 but it is not on the same level as dx1000. I'm thinking focal elear but it would propably be way too bass light for someone who loves dx1000 bass?

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #2,865 of 3,142
I've heard good things about pioneers. Unfortunately it is out of my budget. I'd like to keep it at $1000. Just out of curiosity, how close are the sound signatures? I mean that it is easy to find a headphone more realistic sounding than dx1000. Finding a headphone as fun is far more difficult. :) Euphonic sound with some extra bass and I even enjoy those reverbs some would call a flaw. (nad calls that room feel system).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back