JVC HAR-X700 and 900. Two of the best dynamics? Am I nuts?
Jun 14, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #1,021 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Off topic:

$33? It makes me wonder how much it costs to make these....

Most products only cost a fraction of what they're sold for. Once I realized this, I became less willing to throw my money away on status purchases.

Jun 15, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #1,022 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by macdaddy89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyways, Buy.com has the rx900's for $50. Should I sell the 700's
I read that the 900's have a bigger soundstage... Is it even worth going through all the trouble or should I just keep my 700's....

I will be using them in my house...

Thanks in advance guys

If you want more bass, less treble and midrange. You will need an EQ for the 900's. Soundstage vs balance,tough choice

Jun 15, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #1,023 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL...I'm sure that was in jest...right?
wink.gif

The RX900 are pretty amazing for the price - both in sound and build quality. But they are hopelessly outclassed by all of my other headphones. But the cheapest of my other headphones is $300...The RX900 were $60! For that, they really are amazing.

Couldn't agree more.

I recabled mine just because I prefer shorter cables and the RXx00 headphones are fun to take apart and put back together. It really is an impressive piece of engineering as headphone chassis goes. I'm considering buying another pair for a future frankenphone project. Plus, I find the chassis very comfy.

I just love these bang-for-the-buck types of headphones!

Jun 15, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #1,027 of 1,224
Hey guys, I just got mine in a few days ago and I'm pretty much using them whenever I'm at home(when I'm on the computer and even when watching tv)

The thing is that the cushion isn't big enough to stop my ears from pressing phones, and after time it starts to ache a bit.
Does anyone know of a quick fix to prevent this?

Jun 15, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #1,028 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by InfiniteZr0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, I just got mine in a few days ago and I'm pretty much using them whenever I'm at home(when I'm on the computer and even when watching tv)

The thing is that the cushion isn't big enough to stop my ears from pressing phones, and after time it starts to ache a bit.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/kos...rs-mod-144583/
post #1

Jun 15, 2009 at 10:38 AM Post #1,029 of 1,224
Quote:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/kos...rs-mod-144583/
post #1

I cut the foam in stripes and put under the entire pad

Jun 15, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #1,031 of 1,224
I just ordered a pair of 700s from amazon with 3-5 day shipping. Can't wait.

As a headphone noob, hopefully these will keep my wallet shut for about 6 months.
dt880smile.png

Is anybody driving these with the Xonar Essence STX?

Jun 15, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #1,032 of 1,224
Did what "macdaddy89" had suggested, about calling Newegg.com to see if they give me a on time price match on my RX700's since Buy.com had them for sell for $7.99 less expensive, they gave me a credit back on my CC account. Thanks for the suggestion, I am very happy now. Happy Listening.
beyersmile.png

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #1,033 of 1,224
Quote:

I have a similar issue. In my case I figured out that the fabric in the left side was kind of tight and that was pushing against my ear. So to fix that I'm probably going to open it sometime this week and loosen that. I might as well do the felt mod while I'm at it. You might just have big ears, but for me it is just that the fabric is too tight and it won't stay against the inside.

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #1,034 of 1,224
As I side note, I like how easy these phones are to work with. It didn't take much trouble to remove the felt, experiment with stuffing, or resolder loose wires around the drivers. They're quite user-friendly.

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #1,035 of 1,224
FYI Newegg just dropped the price to the same level as Buy.com. I got them to refund me the difference since I ordered mine last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back