JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Nov 22, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #3,482 of 4,826
Oh man, Christmas is coming early to your house! 
L3000.gif

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #3,484 of 4,826
Thanks dude! Appreciate it bud! Yes I love my Realistic EQ, it rocks! So if you amp and pre-amp eq the cans, they put out more then a night with a lady if you know what I mean lol. I only have the SZ1K's though, some have both but youd spend over 300 to get them both so ya lol. And the Fio A3 has a lot of power for how small it is. The Fio E12 is quite a bit bigger.

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #3,485 of 4,826
So I just recently bought both the sz2000 with the e12. I been likely it but not getting the crazy bass I've been seeing. I been using it with my phone with is a Samsung s5 neo. Any recommendations for a good equalizer app or any suggestion to make my portable life even better.

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #3,486 of 4,826
So I just recently bought both the sz2000 with the e12. I been likely it but not getting the crazy bass I've been seeing. I been using it with my phone with is a Samsung s5 neo. Any recommendations for a good equalizer app or any suggestion to make my portable life even better.

Yo dude, your not going to get the most out of those cans unless you amp them and eq them. Now that I know that you are using those cans with your phone, it makes my recommendations simple. You need to get a Fiio A3, which is going to be your amp, its battery operated and the battery will last all day of use before it needs to be recharged by USB. As far as EQ, I would recommend Power Amp, which is a music player software with an EQ modual built in.

When you go to EQ the cans with Power Amp, you want to raze everything bellow 100 hertz to plus 10DB. And you will want to raze everything at 8K to 16K to plus 10DB. And raze 2K to 6K to plus 5DB. And you might have to lower your Preamp slider but maybe not, it depends on weather you hear distortion and or crackle, if you do, lower the preamp slider, if not you can keep it flat. And keep your phones volume around 70%, razing any higher could cause distortion due to the poor DAC inside.

Basically you will use the Fiio A3 Amp as a volume adjust, cause it has a volume knob on it for the power. You will want to turn the bass boost ON, on your amp, and you will also want to turn on the HIGH gain. These settings should really help you to open up the cans. Remember these cans have burn in, so don't push them too hard for the first 30 hours of use. Then after 30 hours, crank them up to vibrate the crud out of your skull. And then after 300 hours, the cans will be fully burned in and will sound better then they did when you bought them. Hope this helps!

EDIT: Just realized that I read your post wrong and you already got the E12 which is an even better portable AMP. Apologies, everything else regarding EQ still applies, as well as settings on your AMP.

Nov 26, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #3,487 of 4,826

Something is not right here.  You have at your disposal the potential for a Megathrust Magnitude 9 Earthquake in your skull.

I've got some SZ1000s with the A3 @StarTreker mentioned and it kicks my ass.

I have an iphone and even itunes app is plenty, BUT I use Denon Audio music player cuz it's got an EQ and it damn good.

THINK they make one for your phone, but from what I've read, Power Amp sounds pretty epic.

Nov 26, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #3,488 of 4,826
SZ Approved:

/img/vimeo_logo.png

I amped the bass in this song with Ozone then added it to this rad Cheetah filmed in ultra slo-mo:

/img/vimeo_logo.png

Nov 26, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #3,489 of 4,826
Yo dude, your not going to get the most out of those cans unless you amp them and eq them. Now that I know that you are using those cans with your phone, it makes my recommendations simple. You need to get a Fiio A3, which is going to be your amp, its battery operated and the battery will last all day of use before it needs to be recharged by USB. As far as EQ, I would recommend Power Amp, which is a music player software with an EQ modual built in.

When you go to EQ the cans with Power Amp, you want to raze everything bellow 100 hertz to plus 10DB. And you will want to raze everything at 8K to 16K to plus 10DB. And raze 2K to 6K to plus 5DB. And you might have to lower your Preamp slider but maybe not, it depends on weather you hear distortion and or crackle, if you do, lower the preamp slider, if not you can keep it flat. And keep your phones volume around 70%, razing any higher could cause distortion due to the poor DAC inside.

Basically you will use the Fiio A3 Amp as a volume adjust, cause it has a volume knob on it for the power. You will want to turn the bass boost ON, on your amp, and you will also want to turn on the HIGH gain. These settings should really help you to open up the cans. Remember these cans have burn in, so don't push them too hard for the first 30 hours of use. Then after 30 hours, crank them up to vibrate the crud out of your skull. And then after 300 hours, the cans will be fully burned in and will sound better then they did when you bought them. Hope this helps!

EDIT: Just realized that I read your post wrong and you already got the E12 which is an even better portable AMP. Apologies, everything else regarding EQ still applies, as well as settings on your AMP.

Thanks for the info on the eq settings. I should have mentioned before that I did change the pads to the hm5 and used denon for an equalizer app. I guess the way I did it didn't work but your suggestion did work and I'm loving theses.

Something is not right here.  You have at your disposal the potential for a Megathrust Magnitude 9 Earthquake in your skull.

I've got some SZ1000s with the A3 @StarTreker
 mentioned and it kicks my ass.

I have an iphone and even itunes app is plenty, BUT I use Denon Audio music player cuz it's got an EQ and it damn good.

THINK they make one for your phone, but from what I've read, Power Amp sounds pretty epic.

Denon audio does get the job done. Maybe I'll try power amp or another app I heard of which is neutron music player to see what they add to my experience

Nov 27, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #3,490 of 4,826
Thanks for the info on the eq settings. I should have mentioned before that I did change the pads to the hm5 and used denon for an equalizer app. I guess the way I did it didn't work but your suggestion did work and I'm loving theses.
Denon audio does get the job done. Maybe I'll try power amp or another app I heard of which is neutron music player to see what they add to my experience

I almost bought Neutron yesterday.

I have several great cans, but what I've learned with these is that they require a bit more maintenance and tweaking/setting up. Normally this might not be worth it but with these bad boys, for me at least, it 100% Is.

The hype is real my friend.

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #3,493 of 4,826
  I love Neutron, it's my android player of choice. Definitely worth a purchase. 

Bought it for iPhone.  Even at 6 bucks, so stupid cheap.  Only played with a little, but can tell it has vast potential.    One little thing I noticed on their pre-amp was if you raise it to distortion levels, it automatically snaps back down to the sweet spot.  Purty cool. 

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #3,494 of 4,826

I love Neutron, it's my android player of choice. Definitely worth a purchase. 

Bought it for iPhone.  Even at 6 bucks, so stupid cheap.  Only played with a little, but can tell it has vast potential.    One little thing I noticed on their pre-amp was if you raise it to distortion levels, it automatically snaps back down to the sweet spot.  Purty cool. 

Yeah, it's definitely feature packed. You can also set up to a 20-band EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back