JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
May 28, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #2,926 of 4,826
  Interesting idea with the coin on the paper, is that a new one?

Are those audio profiles you mentioned EQ presets or something?

The coin or any other object is how I do it.  I can't get a good seal with some pads, to show off the bass impact that I feel on my head.  So I use a sticky note instead.

The profiles are EQ presets that represent the sound profile of the other brand headphone the JVC can produce.  

May 28, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #2,927 of 4,826
Very helpful.

Why the Kannon quote though? Do they hit harder?
I thought the SZ2000 were the kings of bass? :confused_face(1):  

IIRC most of the Kannon's impact is by physically vibrating your skin or something like that, whereas SZ2K is sheer dual dynamic driver force, no tricks or anything.

May 29, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #2,929 of 4,826
According to this forum the Kannon is based on the ATH 50 MX, a single driver system that suffers from mid intermodulation distortion when lower bass is played in higher volume - like most other single driver phones. The mechanical vibrator can not solve this issue. I think the SZ-1000/2000 can not be beaten in audio - just in physical shaking.

May 29, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #2,930 of 4,826
  According to this forum the Kannon is based on the ATH 50 MX, a single driver system that suffers from mid intermodulation distortion when lower bass is played in higher volume - like most other single driver phones. The mechanical vibrator can not solve this issue. I think the SZ-1000/2000 can not be beaten in audio - just in physical shaking.

Funny thing is that they charge $400 for it. LOL!

Also, if they are based on the M50X driver, I bet they will distort easily.

From a value standpoint, SZ2000 + M55x pads cannot be beaten. If the Kannon was a 70mm subwoofer + electrostatic for mids/highs hybrid, then it will be interesting.

For just the 'same' bass as the SZ2000 with a clearly inferior design, no thanks. Would love to try it someday, though. But too expensive to buy without trying it first. Just my opinion.

May 29, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #2,934 of 4,826
ive been having some issues with my wire those. i think its in the part with the spring? whenever it moves around the sound cuts in and out. i have to wiggle it a bit and set it in a way it doesnt move. is this something that can be fixed?

May 29, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #2,935 of 4,826
  ive been having some issues with my wire those. i think its in the part with the spring? whenever it moves around the sound cuts in and out. i have to wiggle it a bit and set it in a way it doesnt move. is this something that can be fixed?

I think it can be fixed, but you need to have knowledge about recabling or how cables work in general or hire up a technician. Or, if you have a warranty, contact JVZ.

May 30, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #2,936 of 4,826
I'm kind of lazy to go through all 196 pages of this thread but how is the sound leakage on these? I see that they're listed as closed back but I guess how audible is the bass to those around you ^_^

May 31, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #2,937 of 4,826
  I'm kind of lazy to go through all 196 pages of this thread but how is the sound leakage on these? I see that they're listed as closed back but I guess how audible is the bass to those around you ^_^

Nobody says anything when they're rattling themselves off my skull, it's only if I take them off for a minute people are like "uhhhhh how loud are you listening? you know that's bad for your ears?"

I needs my bass dang it!

May 31, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #2,938 of 4,826

Nobody says anything when they're rattling themselves off my skull, it's only if I take them off for a minute people are like "uhhhhh how loud are you listening? you know that's bad for your ears?"

I needs my bass dang it!

Ha ha, sounds like a good pair for me then ^_^

Thanks for the response!

May 31, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #2,939 of 4,826
It depends on what volume you listen to. My wife usually makes me go to another room when I listen to my sz1k's. And I have to shut the door because she can hear it from down the hallway if I don't.

May 31, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #2,940 of 4,826

I needs my bass dang it!

thats where the taction kannons would come in supposedly they offer as much bass as the sz2000 but you can run them with lower volume and get the same bass impact 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back