JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Mar 25, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #2,791 of 4,826
Just got the SZ1000 from Amazon USA, Japan edition, Made in China, listening in California. 

Anyways, unamped on iphone 6s or laptop Fiio K1, they sound ok, but amped with Cayin C5, bass is amazing, mid's are ok, and treble is a little bright, but not sibilant. I would say very similar performance to my recent purchase Sony MDR-XB90EX IEM. (Damn you Tupac! i.e. Hawaiibadboy) 

Have the Schiit Magni 2 arriving next week, so I don't have to use my Cayin C5 at my desk. 

Will hear feedback of the Hybrid HM5 pads to see if I want to go with those or not.

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #2,792 of 4,826
  Just got the SZ1000 from Amazon USA, Japan edition, Made in China, listening in California. 

Anyways, unamped on iphone 6s or laptop Fiio K1, they sound ok, but amped with Cayin C5, bass is amazing, mid's are ok, and treble is a little bright, but not sibilant. I would say very similar performance to my recent purchase Sony MDR-XB90EX IEM. (Damn you Tupac! i.e. Hawaiibadboy) 

Have the Schiit Magni 2 arriving next week, so I don't have to use my Cayin C5 at my desk. 

Will hear feedback of the Hybrid HM5 pads to see if I want to go with those or not.

Get some 55x pads like in the videos

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #2,793 of 4,826
Hey Ritu, how do you like the Sony? Are you running it amped or unamped... decent bass? Obviously won't be as strong as bass as the SZ1000, but the Sony is 7.76 oz vs JVC 16.05 oz., so probably much more travel and comfort friendly.

Sony has good clarity and bass. I am using it with E12 amp + walkman E474. Amp was purchased last year to power the SZ1000. 100aap actually does not need amp, but if you use it with amp like E12, it will give more "High-Fi" sound. Bass will be tight and punchy

SZ1000 needs bit long burn in time than 100aap . That's the main difference. I like both of them equally.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #2,794 of 4,826
i got my sz2000s in. changed out the pads to m55x pads. unamped through my phone sounds great. i played a bass test on youtube from 1Hz- 123Hz and its a very DEEP and heavy  sub bass. i ran through a few mixes on youtube. hip hop, dubstep, grime, drum n bass, glitch, downtempo. the sub bass was deep without sacrificing the crisp highs that the other driver handles.  i played songs thru my EQ app and the EQ does help for personal taste on each song. i played mixes through soundcloud and spent hours bathing in the bass. im curious what an amp will do... im also looking at the Fotex  th-x100, how do these compare?>

Mar 26, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #2,795 of 4,826
i got my sz2000s in. changed out the pads to m55x pads. unamped through my phone sounds great. i played a bass test on youtube from 1Hz- 123Hz and its a very DEEP and heavy  sub bass. i ran through a few mixes on youtube. hip hop, dubstep, grime, drum n bass, glitch, downtempo. the sub bass was deep without sacrificing the crisp highs that the other driver handles.  i played songs thru my EQ app and the EQ does help for personal taste on each song. i played mixes through soundcloud and spent hours bathing in the bass. im curious what an amp will do... im also looking at the Fotex  th-x100, how do these compare?>
ah i didnt realise you was using this unamped... an amp will blow your mind, problem is... once you start listening through an amp then it would be extremely difficult to enjoy music out of a 3.5 mm jack on a phone. An amp gives you the power to deliver a bass slam that you wont get near unamped

Mar 26, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #2,796 of 4,826
Come on then guys, got the 55x pads on my sz1000 running into my cayin c5. Whos going to show me the best bass I can get out of these? Im using power amp. Right now listening to n****z in paris- jay z. Ive basically set the eq preset to loudspeaker then custom EQ and raised last two bass sliders few notches above baseline, slightly tweaked other sliders im now getting bass impact with clear vocals. Anybody got any other settings I can EQ to feel as much bass I can get?? I've got the regular bass tracks like wiz etc to test the bass on. Im new to EQ so trying to hone my skills. These cans can be pushed loud with impact and keeping clear, thats impressive!

Mar 26, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #2,797 of 4,826
Come on then guys, got the 55x pads on my sz1000 running into my cayin c5. Whos going to show me the best bass I can get out of these? Im using power amp. Right now listening to n****z in paris- jay z. Ive basically set the eq preset to loudspeaker then custom EQ and raised last two bass sliders few notches above baseline, slightly tweaked other sliders im now getting bass impact with clear vocals. Anybody got any other settings I can EQ to feel as much bass I can get?? I've got the regular bass tracks like wiz etc to test the bass on. Im new to EQ so trying to hone my skills. These cans can be pushed loud with impact and keeping clear, thats impressive!

Cut EQ and then play with the mid and treble sliders for more variety and headroom

Mar 26, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #2,798 of 4,826
Cut EQ and then play with the mid and treble sliders for more variety and headroom
holy fu....! Without even trying it I realise how backwards I've been doing it. Forget my ears, i been blowing my head off with the plus EQ lol. I been jamming to my music loud in order to get bass slam pmsl. Now I see, you've showed me the light lol. By the way I got the mojo after but no otg adapter to use it, got one coming. I imagine the mojo quality will shine with keeping the bass while cutting EQ and then bringing the vocals back in. My music whilst sounding quality with bass slam has been screaming lol

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #2,800 of 4,826
If you EQ with an amp the way I did, rest assured, you'll be deaf in 30 days, im sure the pain will be gone in 14 though lol. Look up HBB vids on youtube for his EQ tutorial, it will save your ears if you aint sure how to EQ properly like i was lol. An amp is a neccessity to get these to sound like they should sound, its a shame if you aint got the funds, if you lived in uk maybe I wudav loaned you my portable amp to test. Its the amp that delivers the power to drive these to their potential. The bass is incredible...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back