JVC HA RX700 LOW BASS
Oct 17, 2010 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

devi691

New Head-Fier
FLASHBACK: I was watching TRANSFORMERS BLURAY on my PC and was using cheap cx180 in-ear headphone. I was too surprised and very impressed with sound coz it gave me a really new experience of watching movie .
             I started looking a better headphone for my boomy movies and after a long search i found that most of the people suggested me JVC RX700 (less budget frown.gif my bad .).After 25 days of waiting i got my BIGG pack of big looking RX700 . I was ready to get shocked and get surprised by this HEADPHONE but ...........I found my CX180 was better then this . Sound clearity is great but there is no impact in action scenes. I am really depressed. Please guyz please tell me the way to get more bass and impact. What is BURN-IN??? will it really help my headphone???????

Oct 17, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #2 of 19
Burn in is basically just using your headphones for a while (like maybe 20 hours, I'm not really sure), there are very mixed opinions about weather burn in actually makes a difference. As far as adding more bass goes, you could stuff the cups with a used dryer sheet or some cotton or some of that stuff they use in pillows or you could line the inside with fleece or satin. I don't really know how to increase impact, this should have been posted in the D.I.Y. thread. Here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/list/6

Oct 17, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #4 of 19
[size=10pt]I haven't tried them with movies but if you want bass IMPACT and SLAM then the Auvio Retro's are hard to beat.[/size]

[size=10pt]If you're looking for bass extension then the Philips SHP2500 reach pretty damn deep for a pittance.[/size]

Oct 17, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #5 of 19
i'll think later to purchase another HEADDY. Now i have RX700 and I am BURNing it in from last 20+ hrs with white and pink noise ,,,but  still no impact.
    Shell i try some other way?

Oct 17, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #7 of 19

Quote:
RX700's have really good extension but they lack impact, one they are not is Boomy. They've got plenty of power though on my rig when I push the bass up.

[size=10pt]I disagree - I think they are plenty boomy and mine are fully modded. Either way, the bass was always flabby on these things.[/size]

[size=10pt]Try putting a thin piece of felt behind the drivers to dampen them.[/size]

Oct 17, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #8 of 19

Quote:

[size=10pt]I disagree - I think they are plenty boomy and mine are fully modded. Either way, the bass was always flabby on these things.[/size]

[size=10pt]Try putting a thin piece of felt behind the drivers to dampen them.[/size]

Meh maybe I'm just used to the impact on my XB500's but ggoing back they are pretty weak in comparison.

Oct 17, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #11 of 19

Quote:

Is there any visual guide for this mod? I 'll do anything to know "where my ears are"

Oct 17, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #12 of 19
There is, but like I said, it doesn't help much.

My advice to you would be to sell your JVC's on the For Sale / Trade forum (people will snap them up) and use that cash to buy a pair of Maxell DHP ii's for just a touch over $30 shipped.  Much, MUCH cleaner, tighter and impactful bass.

This "flavor of the month" stuff isn't always all it's cracked up to be, man. You jumped on the hype wagon and you don't like the ride - time to jump off.

Oct 18, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #13 of 19
wht abt sennheisar??? any model in similar price?

Quote:
There is, but like I said, it doesn't help much.

My advice to you would be to sell your JVC's on the For Sale / Trade forum (people will snap them up) and use that cash to buy a pair of Maxell DHP ii's for just a touch over $30 shipped.  Much, MUCH cleaner, tighter and impactful bass.

This "flavor of the month" stuff isn't always all it's cracked up to be, man. You jumped on the hype wagon and you don't like the ride - time to jump off.

Oct 18, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #14 of 19
The only larger Sennheiser's that I've heard are the HD515's and they sounded like $#!+ IMO. I really like my HD238 portables but they're open and leak sound.

Maybe try the HD228's. They are very simalar to the 238's except they are closed-back. They cost $60 though...

Honestly though, the Maxell's sound just as good as the HD238's if not better and this is running them through my Musiland Monitor 02 amp.

Oct 18, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #15 of 19
So you want to go from JVC to Sennhieser for more bass? HD212's are the only basshead can I can think of for them. The rest are geared for a more laid back sound, to me I like the majority of them but I'm not inclinced to say they are any good at bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back