JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 29, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #1,291 of 3,271
Just tried comply tips on fxz-100. I think size was tx-400 or maybe tx-500. Did not like the sound at all, so promptly went back to stock medium.

I think I am going to order fxz-200 soon.  

I think they would sound better with Ts-400 instead because they're the same shape as the stock tips. Please let us know how they sound if you decide to try them.

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #1,292 of 3,271
I don't think foam tips complement the FXZs at all. Foam tips tend to add bass, but with the powerful subwoofers in the FXZs already, it doesn't need any added bass. The foam tips will only muddle the sound. The only foam tips I would recommend (if you must use the foam for more isolation) are the Monster foam/silicon hybrids. Other than that, I would stay fromt he foams and find a good dense solid silicon tip.

Now, I've noticed that the FXZ100's stock tips puts the speaker nozzle actually too close to your ear canal and recesses the vocals some. The Sennheiser (large for me) double flange actually gives the nozzle some distant while still giving me a snug fit, and it pushes the vocals to a more forward sounding position. 

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #1,293 of 3,271
Quote:
So after going back and forth, and doing things like trying one ear up, one down... I think you actually may have something here.  I thought it was seal but I'm not so sure.  It does seem to make the sound open up and overall trend toward more neutral.

Now I'm in a noisy cafe I think it was just me not getting a proper seal.  I can definitely hear the attenuation difference up vs. down.  I'm not sure if it's a tip issue so much as my tragus hitting the housing keeping it from going that last millimeter or two to get a seal.  I can sorta seal if I rock them backward but it doesn't hold.  But I'd love to stand corrected on this, that 'almost seal' sound is probably closer to the audiophile ideal, and maybe there is something to the bore angle being more direct.

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #1,294 of 3,271
i might have missed it but any more talk about tips other than foams not working and mr. ericp saying the senn bi flanges work for him?  i have a bag full of tips and yet.. none of them are the wide nozzle size so i plan on buying some.

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #1,295 of 3,271
Quote:
Hey guys check this out I have a feeling the JVC's will do this mix justice. Enjoy the eargasm express.

NICE MIX!

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #1,296 of 3,271
Quote:
i might have missed it but any more talk about tips other than foams not working and mr. ericp saying the senn bi flanges work for him?  i have a bag full of tips and yet.. none of them are the wide nozzle size so i plan on buying some.

I am using white/clear large Meelic bi flanges, they have a wide nozzle size, and don't require deep insertion.....they seem to balance the sound more towards forward mids, and highs.  They are very comfortable as well.

https://www.meelec.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TipSet3-BF35L-MRG-CL

Dec 29, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #1,297 of 3,271
I have a question about tenso

I must be stupid because no one else seams to have this issue. But I registered and got sent an address to put in the shipping info form on amazon, But what part of the address that they sent me goes in which field on the shipping form?

What part of this?

〒120-0023 東京都 足立区 千住曙町42-4 TS159733 通販商品配送サービス TENSO 取次ぎ

goes in what part of this form?

Full Name: 
ZIP/Postal Code:  -
Prefecture:   
Address Line 1: 
(or company name)
Address Line 2: 
(optional)
Company Name: 
(Optional)
Phone Number: 

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #1,298 of 3,271
if you go to tenso's site, it will give you a tutorial on what to put where. very helpful :)

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #1,300 of 3,271
I am almost positive i used my own for the billing

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #1,303 of 3,271
Just ordered a set of 200's. Damn you Head-Fi and Dsnuts!

Just kidding and I am very excited to get these.

I actually would like to thank Dsnuts, Ericp10 Joker and others here. I have gotten some great IEM's over the years thanks to you guys.

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #1,304 of 3,271
Quote:
Just ordered a set of 200's. Damn you Head-Fi and Dsnuts!

Just kidding and I am very excited to get these.

I actually would like to thank Dsnuts, Ericp10 Joker and others here. I have gotten some great IEM's over the years thanks to you guys.

beerchug.gif
 ... Happy listening fellow head-fier!

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #1,305 of 3,271
 Now, this sounds freakin' FANTASTIC with the FXZ100. One of those tears in the eyes moments. The trumpet and bass sound so natural and life-like to my ears. And ooooh the vocals!!! I'm just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back