JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Jun 24, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #1,591 of 2,211
Jun 24, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #1,592 of 2,211
Quote:
Quote:

Dont think so.. He is just making profit from from major suppliers across Ca. Probably he bought those for $50 and making some $ as the middle man.

But it is a fair price for it though. Futureshop.ca has it for $99 CAD now, and before the limited offer 2-for-1 price. Well of course that means he might have capitalised it when he bought that at that price, but hey, it's still quite fair IMO.

Jun 24, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #1,593 of 2,211
'Hi everyone,
I have owned the fxt90 for a few months now and am quite satified with it especially with the stock large sleeves.
lut these sleeves start to get worn out now, what is the best replacemen for these taking into account best deep insertion/isolation, comfort and sound?
I am not interested in comply because they muffle the treble too much.
I live in the netherlands so would be good if anyone can provide a link to international seller.
Thanks in advance,
Greetings Anouk.,

Jun 24, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #1,594 of 2,211
This page should be helpful to you: http://www.head-fi.org/t/563722/jvc-ha-fxt90-appreciation-thread-user-info-buying-guide-reviews-on-page-1/1320

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #1,595 of 2,211
'Hi everyone,

I have owned the fxt90 for a few months now and am quite satified with it especially with the stock large sleeves.

lut these sleeves start to get worn out now, what is the best replacemen for these taking into account best deep insertion/isolation, comfort and sound?

I live in the netherlands so would be good if anyone can provide a link to international seller.

Thanks in advance,

Greetings Anouk.,

Trimmed comply doesn't muffle the treble.

Jun 25, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #1,597 of 2,211
Quote:
'Hi everyone,
I have owned the fxt90 for a few months now and am quite satisfied with it especially with the stock large sleeves.
lut these sleeves start to get worn out now, what is the best replacement for these taking into account best deep insertion/isolation, comfort and sound?
Thanks in advance,
Greetings Anouk.,

Anouk,

I find the short double flange tips from the MEElec M11+ set (also available in clear) give a sound signature very similar to the large JVC sleeves, while also being more secure. The single flanges in that set seem to be identical to JVC's. The short double flanges appear to be identical to these Sennheisers, which are much more expensive.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #1,598 of 2,211
Mine have just broken on one side. I think the connection between the cable and the phone must have broken, which is really frustrating because I really tried to look after them but sometimes I got them accidentally tugged on things.

Worst part though is that I think the warranty ran out 3 days ago, but I'm not sure cos it's not exactly made clear.

Edit: I actually should be ok. The warranty period starts from the arrival date, not the order date, which means it runs out on the 1st of July and not the 23rd of June. If so, ******* hell that was close.

Gonna keep them in a diamond box from now on.

Jul 2, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #1,602 of 2,211
I just purchased these off a guy on here.Looking forward to trying them out.These are the most expensive earphones I have ever bought @ $85.What are peoples thoughts so far,they seem to be getting fairly mixed reviews?I was going to get the Dre tours but luckily I checked the reviews on here first!

Thanks in advance guys

Jul 2, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #1,603 of 2,211
Quote:
They have shallow fit and quite bulky. Will fall out while working out.

With short double flange tips (MEElec M11+ or Sennheiser), the FXT90 fit for me is deeper and more secure, but the sound signature is as good (moderated mid-bass) as I've found with other tips. They would certainly be secure enough for my gym use, but I still prefer something cheaper given all of the snagging risks, sweat, etc. at the gym. A151's are my gym IEM's.

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #1,604 of 2,211
I should be getting my pair in the next couple days and was wondering about tips. I'm assuming that since others are using the 400 size in Comply tips that the S series will fit the FXT90?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back