JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Mar 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #1,231 of 2,211
Quote:
Thanks for the tip suggestions.

Any songs that truly shine on the FTX90? Adele and John Mayer sound really great thus far. Tyrese too.

Just about any track that hasn't been mixed as bass-heavy sounds great on these. (Can you tell I'm not a bass-head?) I find that most albums mixed by T-Bone Burnett are bass-heavy and sound better on something brighter like my DBA-02's.

The FXT90's particularly shine on well-mixed and layered stuff like (in my collection) Lyle Lovett, Mark Knopfer, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Emmylou Harris, and many Elton John albums. I find that early Led Zeppelin and their live masterpiece,"How the West Was Won", are pretty dang good, too. On the other extreme, everything from the late, great guitarist Michael Hedges is amazing with the texture these provide.

Mar 7, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #1,232 of 2,211
Quote:
Any recommendations for tips that will bring out as much bass as possible yet still not sacrifice the mids or treble much?

For more but still tight bass and no loss of mids or treble, the RadioShack version of Sony Hybrids and short biflanges like those in the M11+ set sealed easily and displayed the bass very nicely, if slightly more than my preference.

Mar 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #1,233 of 2,211

Quote:
gah I should've taken the faster and more expensive shipping option. The wait is killing me! 2 more weeks to go. :s

I got mine today and I think you should have yours by this week or early next week.

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #1,234 of 2,211
First Impressions: In the first 2 hours, the FXT90 sounds very thick, but it seriously started to thin out a bit, making the details more transparent. The bass is rumbling, yet detailed and doesn't mess with the midrange at all. No Bass Bleed to speak of and the sound is going through a serious change. I'm just totally impressed of the dynamics and the instrument separation. The timbre is just starting to get good and it'll only get better from here on out. The treble is impressive with the detail, sparkle and extension. Treble heads should not be disappointed of at least 12 hours of burn-in. What's really awesome about this IEM is how very engaging it is. Despite the slightly above average width and well above average depth in soundstage/headstage, it's still engaging and even very revealing. I heard so many things with the FXT90 I never heard before. I'm keeping these. I'll have more info after 12 hours of burn-in.

Mar 8, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #1,239 of 2,211

Quote:
This really worries me. Moscow is notorious for its very loud underground trains (Metro). Did you try using the fxt90 in any high noise level environment?

I commute in the NYC MTA Trains and the noise isn't much of an issue because the seal I get from the FXT90 is almost suction-like.

Mar 8, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #1,241 of 2,211
Gah, the wait is killing me, too! Every day, I go and refresh my university e-mail waiting for that "You got a package!" e-mail several times an hour to no avail.

Thanks for the impressions, Niyologist! I bet they look sweet, too.

Mar 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #1,244 of 2,211

Quote:
mustve accidently pulled the cable(sometimes) when taking the player out of the bag, cable disconnected. now the left channel is dead. but i've placed an order for the gold fxt90

Oh I see. I usually keep my FXT90 in my big jacket pocket or carrying case in my pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back