JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Jul 4, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #2,026 of 2,211
Guys is there a way to understand if these iems are fake or not?

I have received them today but without all the package and transport case, and now I have the doubt they are fake.

Can you try to post some close up images? I haven't heard anything about these being faked before. They pretty distinctive and probably quite tough to copy.

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #2,027 of 2,211
Quote:
Can you try to post some close up images? I haven't heard anything about these being faked before. They pretty distinctive and probably quite tough to copy.

Sure, i hope these images are good or i can do more.
Btw i have bought them on wackydot and i suggest to NOT buy from them because they don't sell what they say to sell.

I have uploaded the images here, let me know what you guys think

http://postimg.org/gallery/b5t2j6nc/e470046b/

Jul 4, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #2,028 of 2,211
RedHunter said:
.Quote:

Sure, i hope these images are good or i can do more.
Btw i have bought them on wackydot and i suggest to NOT buy from them because they don't sell what they say to sell.

I have uploaded the images here, let me know what you guys think

http://postimg.org/gallery/b5t2j6nc/e470046b/

Alas I know there is no fake record of fxt90. They seem pretty original from the pictures. Did you ask the seller why they haven't send the hard shell box? It may be a refurbished item.

Jul 4, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #2,031 of 2,211
Yes I have sended an email to complain but they haven't answered me yet.

I have payed 60$ with a promo code and just after I have bought them they have updated the price to 71$.

Damn I know I should have bought them on Amazon.

Jul 4, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #2,033 of 2,211
The market fakes does not comes with a retail package as of now and I dont know about the sound quality. The only notable difference is on the cord splits. I will send you a picture of mine. Hope it helps

In mine the name is upside down, so it's fake I think? :frowning2:

They don't sound bad but I have to use them a little more and to be honest these are only my second iems so I'm not an expert for sure.

I have to decide still which I like the most between these one and my old sennheiser cx300II.

Jul 4, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #2,034 of 2,211
There is huge difference between the senn cx300ii and the fxt90's the lower registers is less boomy rather punchy and accurate. The bass doesnot bleed to other frequencies . Cx300ii treble roll offs at a limit. Never with fxts. Better instrument separation and soundstage. The vocals are way accurate on fxt90s. The cx300ii sounds muddied in overall comparison. Fxt90 has very thick timbre sounding due to its rigid nano coating.

Jul 5, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #2,035 of 2,211
There is huge difference between the senn cx300ii and the fxt90's the lower registers is less boomy rather punchy and accurate. The bass doesnot bleed to other frequencies . Cx300ii treble roll offs at a limit. Never with fxts. Better instrument separation and soundstage. The vocals are way accurate on fxt90s. The cx300ii sounds muddied in overall comparison. Fxt90 has very thick timbre sounding due to its rigid nano coating.

Yeah i agree for the most part, now i'm starting to like them a bit, maybe because of the burn in,  i just was expecting something a lot better than my cx300II, but for me this is not the case, yet.
But I will never be sure if they are fake or not :frowning2:
Btw wackydot didn't even respond me, they know they are in wrong
mad.gif
Don't buy from this site!

Edit:I have noticed one thing, in the parcel post it says that the price of the iems is only 15$, i don't know if this means something, and it comes from Hong Kong, i can take a photo if is needed.

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #2,036 of 2,211
Ok they have answered me.
They said that the product description said that the product is sold without the packaging.

Yeah, now it say that not before, they have added this part now in the description. I replied that I'm not stupid because they have updated the description after my complain.

They also said they can send me the missing carrying case.
I will let you guys know how this story ends.

Jul 5, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #2,037 of 2,211
Isn't this model discontinued? Probarbly that's the reason for the price drop, looking around for a pair, only hesitating to buy because of the fake models, ofcourse no probs when the price is low because it's a discontinued model.

Jul 11, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #2,039 of 2,211
In mine the name is upside down, so it's fake I think? :frowning2:

They don't sound bad but I have to use them a little more and to be honest these are only my second iems so I'm not an expert for sure.

I have to decide still which I like the most between these one and my old sennheiser cx300II.

I received one HA-FXT90 -- my first "above average" earphone -- yesterday, which I bought from ebay seller "artistic.life". It also came without the box and the "name is upside down", just like the one in your unit.

I am really happy with the sound, but can only compare it with the average iems.

I would like to know if someone can confirm that the "name upside down" proves without a doubt that the unit is fake, because if that´s the case I will purchase another one from amazon.

I am in Brazil and the item took over 60 days to arrive, so no paypal refund for me, unfortunately.

Thanks.

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #2,040 of 2,211
I am also curious, is the one with upside down name fake?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back