JVC HA-FX1X Xtreme Xplosive Impressions
Dec 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #197 of 359
Ordered these on the fact that I wanted to believe the hype about the bass. Seal was great out of the box and the bass is giant, tight and the most bass I have heard in an iem. More than my monster turbine pro golds. Listening to the begininning of aldo nova fantasy (dont judge) is just fantastic. Unfortunately now the bad, anything with highs for me just did not sound good at all. Spoons the underdog is just not clear up there, sounds are running together, not clear, very harsh. Switch to the pretty reckless make me wanna die just can not handle all of the different sounds on the high end and they just seem may too bright and even distorted. Gave them to my son to try just for fun and he gave them back and said the worst headphones he's ever heard. Maybe if all your music resides in the low/mid area with no highs, these will be the bass boomers you want want but the top end is just terrible. Wish they were not packed in a package that you have to cut open so I could return them but they were only $16.

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #198 of 359
Sorry double post.

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #199 of 359
Quote:
Ordered these on the fact that I wanted to believe the hype about the bass. Seal was great out of the box and the bass is giant, tight and the most bass I have heard in an iem. More than my monster turbine pro golds. Listening to the begininning of aldo nova fantasy (dont judge) is just fantastic. Unfortunately now the bad, anything with highs for me just did not sound good at all. Spoons the underdog is just not clear up there, sounds are running together, not clear, very harsh. Switch to the pretty reckless make me wanna die just can not handle all of the different sounds on the high end and they just seem may too bright and even distorted. Gave them to my son to try just for fun and he gave them back and said the worst headphones he's ever heard. Maybe if all your music resides in the low/mid area with no highs, these will be the bass boomers you want want but the top end is just terrible. Wish they were not packed in a package that you have to cut open so I could return them but they were only $16.

Put them on a music source played fairly loud through them for 1 week straight. Then try it again. You have nothing to loose. Try it. Just cover them up at night with a jacket so it won't disturb at night.

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #200 of 359
I will give that a shot, does breaking them in usually allow the highs to mellow out and become more detailed?

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #202 of 359
Mine were the jvc hr-fx101vr, didn't see any s models on amazon.

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #203 of 359
FX101 s. As in one of them in various colors. Give your FX1X a good burn in and try again. They should improve. All JVC earphones need burn in. Including their headphones.

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #204 of 359
I will give that a shot, does breaking them in usually allow the highs to mellow out and become more detailed?

Yes, I had the same issue with them. I could only listen to them for a couple of minutes before yanking them out. I plugged them into my computer and left them on for four days straight. When I came back, all the shrillness and harshness was gone

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #205 of 359
Just got a set and impressed with quality and build as there looking strong and nice thick cable competed to some cheap phones,

Here's my view.

Oh on a + note the new sound quality of these is not bad, coming from a non audiophile, but while the bass is nice they can only get down to about 15hrz I think from the tube test I did, which is not bad for cheap headphones...bass is good and strong, and highs are there but in some songs they can be a bit sharp or pain full at silly load volumes on some but not most songs but I don't listen load most of the Time so not too much of an issue, but the let down is the midrange, its there but on a few songs I'd like it to be stronger or I think the technical term is less recessed, so all in all good for bass headeads but all though quanitys is there the it could do with being able to go lower, midrange is acceptable and highs are there but a bit in our face and sharp, so good for £10 but u get what u pay for I guess, hope in the highs soften after burning.

Please note this is from untrained non audiophile ears.

Dec 8, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #206 of 359
FX101 s. As in one of them in various colors. Give your FX1X a good burn in and try again. They should improve. All JVC earphones need burn in. Including their headphones.
Have had them burning in for 5 days staight on my iPod played at about 5/6th volume, just tried them again and the highs are so harsh and combined together you can hardly pick out any differences in the upper freq. the bass seemed to have a mellowed a touch. Buckcherry-slit my wrists, rhino bucket-she's with me, the pretty reckless-make me wanna die, the high (cymbals etc.) are still just brutal. Spoon- the underdog is not bad but the instruments after daily separate and not much in the high area to speak of. I'll try a few more days of break in but don't see these used for too many music styles.

Dec 8, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #207 of 359
well thats a shame, maby Ill get used to them, but I got them for the bass, and there only cheap, looking at getting something more expensive and over ear at some point next year as these were only a stop gap and there better than my current full size cans lol.

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #208 of 359
Well they have had maby 10Hrs of burning so far useing the Jlab online burn in thing and been coneected to my laptop, and its not be getting used to them as I wasent listining while they burn in, well who wants to listing to tones and noise for that long lol...

and from what I can tell is it seem a lot less muddy though still a bit, I can now hear the mids a lot better, and even the bass has somehow gotten well, nicer, and a lot cleaner IMO, I dont care if It only the placebo effect, as it worked for me, though the Highes have soften a bit they have a way to go yet but at elast there no long painfull, and am going to order some foam tips for them just some cheap ones to imporve comfort., will report back after 50 Hours burn in, as Im not gonna do 100 as I think 50 will  be fine, and then i can let them naturaly burn in if they need to,

Dec 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #209 of 359
just bought the fx101's. can't wait to try them. they're for my daily running outside. wanted bass oriented cheap phones.

_____

edit: ok, after some burning... i'm really impressed. powerful and deep bass, but clear and well defined. great great treble! and notable middles.

not my kind of sound, but listening underworld in these phones it's... insane!

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #210 of 359
Hmm I just ordered the HA-FX3X based on the recommendations of another member, now I see this.

Should I have gotten the FX101's?  I'm mainly interested in as much bass as possible, while being somewhat clear lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back