jvc fx750 appreciation thread
Feb 3, 2015 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

Whitigir

Member of the Trade: Portable Modder
Allow me to create a thread for the Fx750, and pardon my english. Doesnt seem like there are any dedicated thread for this little amazing woodie iem.

Sensitivity 105db
Frequency respond 6-40,000
Impedence 16 ohms
Max input 200 mw

Wood dome or vibration plate, wood ring, beautiful wood design, solid feel, it has a little bit of weight and this makes it feel like an expensive iem....they are not cheap either.

Very soft brass on the rear vent...very delicated, can easily be scratched, that is why there is a super nice case with foam for these. The brass is rose gold in color ! The wires are super soft and comfortable with minimal resistance and microphonic when you probably wear and clip it

There needs to be at least 20 hours burn in on these, but i recommend 50 hours as i see it becomes more detailed with more defined bass. It will originally be too much bass out of the box.

The following impression were observed with Xperia Z3 and 16/44.1 FLAC, 16/48 Bluray Ripped FLACS mainly on pop, mix, dance, accoustic....after 50+ hours burn in, and during midnight in my quiet office room in the house

The Special: ways too yummy of the bass, and very realistic timbres!!!

Bass: ways too good, very detailed, punchy, reach super low, with great extensions in every regions of bass from super deep bass to very quick mid bass, there is just no roll off....and specially...natural tones, realistic timbres. Can be too boomy or rumbles for some.

Mids: some what a very little bit recessed...or somebody can call it being immersive, as the emphasized yet quality lows + highs just cover around the mids + vocals...this makes the sound appears so wide and huge. The best thing here is despite being a bit in V shaped, vocals and mid instruments are so realistic, clear, detailed....strings instruments Are amazing

Highs: Very detailed and clear while being very smooth with great extensions and no roll off anywhere, very realistic as well, cymbals are full details and body, wind...etc.

Fitting can be a bit tricky at first, as the bud is a little angled, and so it took me a while to find the fit, and the tips that work well with it. It turns out that to me, a fan of comply tips, i love spiral dots stock tips. They bring out the bass, and the rumbles while pushing the clarity, details and highs toward your eardrums with ease, also very comfortable....and last for a long time vs comply.

The best fitting for these would be around the ears, this will allow the weight to be supported by your ears, and the housing lie on the inner lobes, which will also allow you to lay down on a soft pillow while enjoying the music !!

Overall, to my personal preferences, i love it un modded being a V shaped. I love this bass ways too much, and i am not a bass head. I love the deeps, rumbles, punchy, detailed, strong impact bass, while retaining and perform vocal, instruments, seperations, highs with no loss of details, awesome soundstage, and on top of that the music is very musical and realistic...too smooth and comfortable you can wear for hours on and still love it.

I thank you JVC for researching and developing such an awesome pair of IEM, and this is a mid tier of the FX series, suddenly j want to ckllect them all if i could afford them ^_^

Please feel free to join me in the musical, realistic and immersive sound of the FX750 and the whole FX series. All inputs, impressions and reviews are appreciated. Thank you

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #3 of 50
Is that so ? I am still trying to find more impressions on the 850 and 1100 still. I know both of them are bigger in size, but as sound quality ? It leaves me wonder.

Fx750 graph

Fx850 graph

There is no fx1100 graph available yet. But there are the differences between 750-850 above

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #5 of 50
Are you using them over-the-ear with the channels reversed or no?

Not at all, same channels just over the ears. The bud is slightly angled, and the wire at the connection is very slim, so it fit just like that with ease

Quiet comfortable with stock spiral silicone tips, and I can also lie on a soft pillow on my side as well

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #8 of 50
Whitigir, great views. I'm enjoying these earphones. Good bang for buck. The bass does calm down. They were a bit much at first but after 50 hours it's much better. I wasn't the greatest believer in burn before, but definitely am with these.

I've settled with spinal dots, and are usable on the Busan subway. Walking by the side of the road isn't so good. Highs are detailed and very smooth. These are the first pair of earphones where the highs aren't lacking or sibilant or thin or brittle. Just what I was looking for. Mids a little recessed but not rudely so. Keepers for me. Mind you, I enjoy my JVC DX700, so turning into a fanboy. Musical!

Feb 28, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #10 of 50
I'm a bit disappointed in their bass signature,all I can hear is only the mid bass.  Wouduo 2 does it better, goes even deeper in subbass aria with a stronger rumble, but everything else looks better on fx750, although I'd like them to have more brighter mids. However, the full body sound and volume power I get from sansa clip is awesome and compensate for lack of wd2's subbass. I found Meelec double flanged tips insolate better over the spiral ones and have extended the bass line but still not enough to my desired level. 

Mar 1, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #11 of 50
^ I found the wooduo 2 to not have enough mid bass for my tastes, it was too focused on sub bass imo, technically the FX750 has well balanced mid bass to sub bass ratio, but because it also has equal amount upper bass/low mids its harder to make out sub bass among equal amounts of mid bass and upper bass, it just comes across as a big wall of all encompassing bass slam lol.

Mar 1, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #12 of 50
^ I found the wooduo 2 to not have enough mid bass for my tastes, it was too focused on sub bass imo, technically the FX750 has well balanced mid bass to sub bass ratio, but because it also has equal amount upper bass/low mids its harder to make out sub bass among equal amounts of mid bass and upper bass, it just comes across as a big wall of all encompassing bass slam lol.

This regarding 750 bass is really true. The bass in 750 is full, powerful, impactful, and like Trance sai, it has equal amount of upper bass/low mids....sub bass is def. there, it can not be missed, it reaches deeps and rumbling!

Mar 1, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #13 of 50
Yes, trance that's what I want, a big wall of all encompassing bass slam.
basshead.gif
I agree with you wd2 were missing the mid bass, also wide clear mids, that is why I sold them.
On occasional tracks I can hear 750's subbass equal to mid bass but I don't want it to be equal I want its amount to prevail over the midbass by some margin. I think if upper bass/lower mids were to be more recessed it would've empathized the subbbass greatly and instead of equal upper bass/lower mids to the mid bass a higher upper mids-spike. That would've been my perfect phone.
I must admit I'm a hardcore basshead and when reputable reviewers call the fx series bass cannons, they should be more carefull with such terms and be more specific.
The 750's is a keeper for now only because I'm not aware of a better phone to suite my needs if such animal exist at all.
I was thinking of 850 for long time but as you mentioned in some thread it doesnt control the bass as well as 750.

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #14 of 50
Should receive mine today. What tips are you guys using. I ordered a set of medium spiral dots this morning but looking for suggestions as well.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back