JVC FX66 is the best headphone I have owned since HD600
Nov 28, 2007 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

wali

1000+ Head-Fier
JVC FX66 is a must have headphone for all head-fi junkies. its comfortable, fits snugly and it sounds wonderful. huge soundstage, punching bass and lovely highs. its the best sounding headphone at its price and more.

Get one and try it, you'd be surprised.

I'm not somebody who gets excited about any new headphone but JVC FX66 has simply blown me away and it has been three weeks since i have owned it and i love every time i put it on and listen to it.

Go and buy one!

Nov 28, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 10
i find that the mids really suck on the fx66, and the treble extension isn't very good / is covered up by the mid/low treble spike. the bass is fine, unless you turn it up to high volumes.

i'm burning them in as we speak so maybe that will change, though i've already burnt them in a couple days.

Nov 28, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #4 of 10
Wow. I found them so offensively crappy, that I gave them away. I even like my FX33's better. They're just so sloppy sounding...eech.

Nov 28, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #5 of 10
The FX66 is just as DoomDayz describes, and the FX33 is pretty bad in the bass section as well. If it's not required to be canal, then even the UR/40 is better than both of them, and that thing sounds weird.

Nov 28, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #7 of 10
Wanna know how I made the FX66's sound infinitely better ? See my last post.
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #9 of 10
If they suck any where near like the marshmallows, no thanks. Love my X3s! Sometimes I can't wait to travel so that I can listen to them.

Dec 1, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #10 of 10
Man I haven't posted here in ages but seeing this thread I just had to chime in.

I work at Circuit City and paid our employee price of $24 for these and I have to say they are pretty terrible. Incapable of bass, the treble is hardly any better. They are fairly comfortable but I pretty much hate them and would actually probably wear my Ipod standard phones if they weren't so uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back