JVC Air Cushion vs Audio Technica ATH-CK52?
Nov 15, 2008 at 2:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

WarriorSl

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, i've bought these days my first "good" quality in ear phone, it is a audio technica ath-ck52 that some friends of mine recommended me for a price of $30, but here in the forum, in the buyer's guide, says that with $30 you can buy a jvc air cushion or a sennheiser cx300 (which I deslike by the reviews because i don't like too much bass, i like mainly rock so good highs and mediums are more welcome).

So I wanna know, by $30 an ath-ck52 is ok or the jvc air cushion is better?

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 9
I have Air Cushions. The SQ and comfort is good enough that I'm not looking for better IEMs. They come with a selection of tips, and I prefer the black foam tips. Before I put on the foam tips, the shells seemed to resonate with speaking on the TV.

Nov 16, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #7 of 9
This tread seems to be really biased towards the Air Cushions..
I own them as well and I have to say that I don't like them as much, because they tend to have too much bass.
And IME, the foam tips make the bass sound really mushy.
OP, you wouldn't want to ship Air Cushions, they're much too cheap for shipping. Just check your local headphone store.

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #8 of 9
i own air cushions, but i left with a desire for more. The cord length is annoying just too short to be useful, but not short enough to justify extending it. Although they are low on bass, they are extremely muddled. Comfort,with the foam tips, is a plus though.
Don't get me wrong, they are good for the price; however I own better headphones that arent portable. So I am left with relatively worse ones for portable use.
No idea what the ck52 sounds like, but the air cushions might be better if what other people say is true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back