Justin Bieber 800% slower...
Aug 17, 2010 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

fuseboxx

500+ Head-Fier
...800% better.

Not sure if the crowd here is familiar with Bieber, but someone went and made a version of his song "U Smile" 800% slower... More or less in the same fashion that Hans Zimmer slowed-down that Edith Piaf song for Inception.

Anyway... it's glorious. Sort of like Sigur Ros-meets-Brian-Eno... the music you would hear on your way to meet God or something. Here's where it all started:

http://soundcloud.com/shamantis/j-biebz-u-smile-800-slower

It's gone viral now and The AV Club has already made an article about it:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/great-job-internet-justin-bieber-sounds-amazing-wh,44254/

Aug 17, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 19
Almost fell asleep while listening to it. 
tongue.gif

Aug 18, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #5 of 19
so it's a slowdown that was set to maintain the pitch of the original.... i was hoping for slow and low

Aug 18, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #7 of 19

Quote:
so it's a slowdown that was set to maintain the pitch of the original.... i was hoping for slow and low

I was expecting the same thing, but I can dig this, sorta. Extremely relaxing.

Aug 18, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #8 of 19
This sounds nicer than his mainstream 'stuff' that is hitting the Pop charts. For the soundscape experiencing music I prefer other artists though. Besides, who cares about 'his work' and is older than say fifteen?

Interesting enough for a quick listen...

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #10 of 19
Haha - sounds like Sigur Ros scored the soundtrack to a Blade Runner anime sequel set underwater. Sadly, expanding the music this much shows the resolution limits of the original, I wonder what this would sound like off the original 24/192khz (or whatever) masters.

Aug 20, 2010 at 8:40 AM Post #12 of 19
Holy hell that actually sounds great ambient piece!

Now the question is, what the original song sounds like. Probaply nothing like ambient I guess. :) *edit* Gaaaah! My brains are bleeding out of my ears...

Aug 21, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #14 of 19
So if you sped up Sigur Ros by 8 times, would it sound like Justin Bieber?

Edit: it actually sounds a bit like Bjork with the vocals removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back